To Restaurant Waitstaff: Want Bigger Tips?

by
Published on August 10th, 2008, 3:14 pm
Rift: Life

C. Alice wrote:
BecauseHeLives wrote:

Maybe you'll want to explain how taking a swipe at Christians is relevant to the thread at hand?

They are notoriously cheap tippers, dearie.

ministers have to resort to sermons to remind their flocks to leave tips. NOT a stereotype.
check teh google for yerself.
The Rapture already happened. All the good Christians are gone. We're stuck with the rejects.

"Why would anyone pray in private where no one can see you?"- BHL
August 10th, 2008, 3:14 pm

C. Alice wrote:ministers have to resort to sermons to remind their flocks to leave tips. NOT a stereotype.
check teh google for yerself.

Using that same logic... If I googled up that homosexuals are really bad people and shouldn't be given the time of day... would that mean it's true because I find a match?
Ignore List: Nfidel; Pitbullferlucifer; C. Alice

Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

"Why am I such a stupid atheist?" - C. Alice
August 10th, 2008, 3:47 pm
BecauseHeLives

Homos are horrible people.. especially black chicken eating one's who are religious.
May the fetus you save be gay.
August 10th, 2008, 3:55 pm
Liv

Follow Me
Liv wrote:Homos are horrible people.. especially black chicken eating one's who are religious.

But ironically, they are the best tippers... WHO KNEW??!!
John Cleese: The audience is too uninformed. I blame the Americans. Nation of obese, violent, pig-ignorant, bible-thumping morons contaminating world culture. That’s why I spend most of my time here in France.. Beautiful isn’t it? Just look at those olive trees.

Interviewer: This is Santa Barbara.
August 10th, 2008, 4:39 pm
Sanjuro
Expert...on everything...

Liv wrote:Homos are horrible people.. especially black chicken eating one's who are religious.

I hear homos eat black children too.... I hear the black mexican children taste the best. The mexican clowns just taste a bit funny.

Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

August 10th, 2008, 4:41 pm
BecauseHeLives

Sanjuro wrote:

But ironically, they are the best tippers... WHO KNEW??!!

That must be true. Just google it! :lol:

August 10th, 2008, 4:42 pm
BecauseHeLives

Serendipitous wrote:I'm quite surprised to see you name Red Robin. I took the boys there several years ago (Colorado store) and the burgers were awful. The meat was cooked to leather and as I remember it, the sides were nasty too. Did they change radically over the past 4-5 years? Or is the Denver store just all messed up?

I've been to two different RRs and both have been very good. It could have been that particular location (Denver) that was bad, maybe an issue with staff or management. I've had that experience with chains. One bad location spoils it for the rest.[/quote]

I ate at the one that opened at Oak Hollow Mall some years back. I think it's where the Liberty restaurant is now. The food was awful and the service was worse. It closed not long after that. Never been in another one so I can't speak for the entire chain.
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion. -- Albert Camus

Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.
-- John Steinbeck
August 10th, 2008, 5:50 pm
The Rain King

The Rain King wrote:
Serendipitous wrote:I'm quite surprised to see you name Red Robin. I took the boys there several years ago (Colorado store) and the burgers were awful. The meat was cooked to leather and as I remember it, the sides were nasty too. Did they change radically over the past 4-5 years? Or is the Denver store just all messed up?

I've been to two different RRs and both have been very good. It could have been that particular location (Denver) that was bad, maybe an issue with staff or management. I've had that experience with chains. One bad location spoils it for the rest.

I ate at the one that opened at Oak Hollow Mall some years back. I think it's where the Liberty restaurant is now. The food was awful and the service was worse. It closed not long after that. Never been in another one so I can't speak for the entire chain.[/quote]
What that tells me is that their quality control is seriously deficient. My brother-in-law used to be in the top exec group at Pizza Hut and is now with another chain. Both his chains went to extreme lengths to make sure the quality was maintained at every store in the country. They actually spent a fair amount of money randomly testing the temperature of each ovens, cleanliness of the store, the ingredients storage (refrig temp, etc.) at all the stores. His other chain did the same. That is why when you go to Pizza Hut, Chilis, Maggianos, and those other stores, you can be certain that what you get is what you expect to get.
August 16th, 2008, 4:12 pm
Questioner

I'm reviving this post for two reasons:

1. I went to Red Robin yesterday. Mmm good.

2. Lately I've been tipping more.

Does anyone else tip more during the "holiday season?" Do you do it as a standard because of the holidays?

I usually tip more (any time) for great service, but do it even moreso when a restaurant is crazy-mad busy. Anyone who can deliver service with a smile when they are almost running from table to table deserves a big tip.
When it is not in our power to follow what is true, we ought to follow what is most probable. –Rene Descartes

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams
November 29th, 2008, 10:04 pm
Serendipitous
This is my world and I am the world leader...pretend.

I'm generally a big tipper all the time... If you're friendly, and kind... and don't give off bad vibes (and of course do your job)... I'm generally a 15%-30% tipper....

The Holidays don't effect me as much... but I generally tip for such things as:

pregnant people, gay people, hot people, ugly people with really cool attitude.... anyone who flirts with me, people who treat my kids specially nice, and those whom go above beyond "the restauraunt" to serve us.
May the fetus you save be gay.
November 30th, 2008, 7:46 am
Liv

Follow Me
I find myself tipping more lately, basically because I'm becoming Americanized (heck, in the UK 50p can be considered a good tip!) and also I'm thinking that things economically are bad, so maybe the staff aren't getting so many customers and not getting as much pay as they used to.

As for Dead Robin... sorry they're a disappointment. They billed fish and chips on the menu, and I like fish and chips, so I ordered it. Came out as rubber and chips. Service we received on another occasion was god-awful (slow service, messed up orders and not coming out at all orders, grumbling staff), we complained and not much make-up happened about it. My wife and son went there again recently under protest because the other half of the party didn't want to wait 1 hour to get into Olive Garden. That time was mediocre too. This is the one in Burlington btw. and it's the only Dead Robin I've ever experienced.
December 12th, 2008, 8:53 am
mwooldri

mwooldri wrote:I find myself tipping more lately, basically because I'm becoming Americanized (heck, in the UK 50p can be considered a good tip!) and also I'm thinking that things economically are bad, so maybe the staff aren't getting so many customers and not getting as much pay as they used to.

As for Dead Robin... sorry they're a disappointment. They billed fish and chips on the menu, and I like fish and chips, so I ordered it. Came out as rubber and chips. Service we received on another occasion was god-awful (slow service, messed up orders and not coming out at all orders, grumbling staff), we complained and not much make-up happened about it. My wife and son went there again recently under protest because the other half of the party didn't want to wait 1 hour to get into Olive Garden. That time was mediocre too. This is the one in Burlington btw. and it's the only Dead Robin I've ever experienced.

Que triste, Mark! I've never had problems at the Burlington location. In fact, my original post is based on it! But I guess there are good day/nights and bad days/nights anywhere you go. And I s'pose their are variables like staffing, which includes whomever is managing/leading during that shift.

You ordered fish and chips at a place that calls burgers their specialty... :? :naughty:

Cheezburgers. Always cheezburgers.

:dance:
When it is not in our power to follow what is true, we ought to follow what is most probable. –Rene Descartes

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams
December 12th, 2008, 11:39 am
Serendipitous
This is my world and I am the world leader...pretend.

Return to Life