greensboro news
General | Local / Regional | Food | Entertainment | Technology | Religion | Politics | Sports | Travel | How To | Classifieds | Beth's Blog
Greensboro Weather
::

Cook-Out Restaurant

By beth
Executive Editor
Published: Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:25 am

http://www.greensboring.com/pod/cookout.jpg

Cook-Out, a small chain of double lane drive-thru restaurants is synonymous with the words Greensboro & lunch.

They claim "Cooked outdoors style", but in all my times in going to this lovely establishment, I have never seen anyone cooking outside. Is it a conspiracy? Even more questions have to be asked of the High Point road location which is directly across from the dog kennels?

Bark. Bark. Sizzle Sizzle.

But what constitutes "cooked outdoors?" At my house this would generally lead you to believe, that everything would be burnt, smell like lighter fluid, and probably has fallen into the coals a few times and then wiped off before it made its way to your plate.

Its odd when you go to restaurant and notice the beef actually looks like ground beef. Somehow in the madness of American fast food, we've substituted beef with a gray patty of beef like fat. Not so at cook-out, you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference between the meat mom used to make.

The best part of Cook-Out is the oddity factor in their menu. Two of my favorites is the "steak style" and "western style" cheese burgers, but many others exist. Unlike other fast food places, instead of just having "a cheeseburger" Cookout offers their burgers in Flavors.

The bad part is its generally messy. Onions in your teeth, A1 on your cheek, and bad, bad, breath that certainly will clear the board room meeting very quickly.

Overall cookout gets a pretty good grade from me. Cheap, Good, and unique. But the one reason that makes Cookout a step above the rest is, that it's the only restaurant where you can order Chili-Cheese Fries, have it come in a foot-long hot dog box, and requires 4 other people to help you finish it.

Thank you Jesus for Cook-Out.

http://www.greensboring.com/pod/cookout2.jpg
By babs
Guest Columnist
Published: Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:17 am

We left Greensboro last summer and now live in the Dallas area. Lately my husband has been jonesin'(Black folks speak for craving intensely)a Cook-Out style hamburger and keeps asking me to find out about franchise information. Can anyone help a sister out??? I have looked everywhere and can't find it. TIA!
By etherfast
Guest Columnist
Published: Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:17 pm

here is cookout's phone number 1 336-547-0011.
Reply to topic All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Discussion & © 2005-2006

Advertise here

Sexy Shannon | Free Dish Network