greensboro news
General | Local / Regional | Food | Entertainment | Technology | Religion | Politics | Sports | Travel | How To | Classifieds | Beth's Blog
Greensboro Weather
::

I Pooted on a Billboard

By beth
Executive Editor
Published: Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:54 pm

http://www.greensboring.com/pod/i-pooted.jpg

Last week Poppin's Pondering's Posted a question about the "I Pooted" Billboards in & around Greensboro. It happened to be one of those posts I assumed was about Kim's children making a fecal mess. Then it was brought up on the radio the other day, and suprisingly no one knew what the billboards were for.

As most of us know by now the I pooted billboards are apart of a marketing campaign by Cartoon Network.
More importantly it's a tag line of one of the characters in the animated series "Foster's home for imaginary friends. Besides the I pooted billboard, other sightings across the country have been seen all apart of a multi-million dollar advertising venture:

Quote:
"Look, I have a meat beard." -Camp Lazlo
"Pretty pretty. shiny shiny." -My Gym Partner's a Monkey
"Clowns hate tangelos." -The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy
"I’m a hot toe picker." -Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends
"My boogers itch." -???
"The hat sells the sandwich." -Squirrel Boy

If that isn't enough, the I pooted campaign isn't over. This is phase one to be followed by television, cinema, and mall advertising.

Still not enough? This whole campaign is to kick off Cartoon's network exclusive toy deal with Mattel who will develop and sell toys based on the characters from these cartoons. Get ready parents, because "I pooted" is about to become apart of your child's vocabulary.

By Sanjuro
Lacky
Published: Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:04 am

How funny.. I just googled that. I just saw one of those coming home from the studio late tonight. I had to bite my lip to make sure I was awake, because I tend to fall asleep a bit on that drive. Cool

Thanks for clearing this up mere minutes after I had the question. Laughing
Published: Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:39 am

It was some other baby saying a couple weeks ago. I think they do some ad campaign now where they want people to keep driving by and reading to see if it changes.
Published: Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:08 am

An awesome promotion from Cartoon Network. Great Network, great show... it's from "Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends". The demographic for this show is about 5-29 (even though I'm a tad older)
No, I don't work there... wish I did! Just a HUGE FAN of "Cheese"(the character this billboard depicts)

To see the promo click here...
http://www.youtube.com/v/uCjMtVbylyE
Reply to topic All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Discussion & © 2005-2006

Advertise here

Sexy Shannon | Free Dish Network