greensboro news
General | Local / Regional | Food | Entertainment | Technology | Religion | Politics | Sports | Travel | How To | Classifieds | Beth's Blog
Greensboro Weather
::

GoDaddy & MySql

By beth
Executive Editor
Published: Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:58 pm

I'm really thinking about canning godaddy as a host. I don't really want to up and move everything since it would take more work then I'm really wanting to endure right now. But lately Godaddy's Mysql servers are disconnecting and producing error messages. It's done this a few times in the past, and usually within a few days someone will run over to the server and reboot it. It's been almost a week, and GoDaddy has yet to keep up with my little site. It's actually quite scary since Greensboring only sees about 2000 visits a day. At some point I'm going to have to consider server options, or switching to a more reliable host, but I cringe at the thought of that.
By Sue
Published: Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:18 am

One of the reasons servers crash is from too many open databases for the memory that the machine has. Mass server farms are notorious for squeezing as many sites as possible onto a server - and hang the databases! Find out how many DBs are on the machine you're on and check what it'll cost to move to a machine with a cap on how many DB it will host.
Reply to topic All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Discussion & © 2005-2006

Advertise here

Sexy Shannon | Free Dish Network