greensboro news
General | Local / Regional | Food | Entertainment | Technology | Religion | Politics | Sports | Travel | How To | Classifieds | Beth's Blog
Greensboro Weather
::

I'm leaving on a jet plane, don't know when I'll be back...

By beth
Executive Editor
Published: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:19 pm

Actually that's not entirely true. I'm leaving in a rental car, and I'll be back next weekend. I really should be packing or planning or something, but you know what? I'm not. I've done like 10 loads of laundry, folded clothes, did the dishes, backed up the message boards, and gave the kids a bath. I still need to charge the Camcorder, Charge the digital camera, take the trash out, and put the kids to bed.

Unfortunately I have to work 4 hours tomorrow before I go pick up the rental car and then take off. But the good news is the laptop has Microsoft Street & Trips, and we can pull up almost any location or street from the convenience of our vehicle. I wish I could have gotten the GPS version, but $100.00 cuts into our vacation funds.

I don't know if the hotel we stay at tomorrow will have internet access or not, but once we get to Philadelphia, we should have High-speed in the hotel room. I am convinced now that I've had a wireless laptop for only a week, everywhere should have wireless now. I love this stuff, anyone working off a desktop really needs to go get wireless... like right now!!!! This is the coolest invention since the microwave.

So anyhow... I will continue to ramble here for a few seconds while I procrastinate from finishing packing. If anyone knows of some "have-to" stops between here and Chesapeake bay bridge, let me now. I think that's the way we are taking. I'll check them out at work if anyone posts them. Anyways, if I bore you the next week blogging from Philadelphia, I apologize in advance. Okay, I'll go charge the darn camcorder now.
By beth
Executive Editor
Published: Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:11 pm

So I finally got off of my fat ass and got everything plugged into the wall and charging... I was digging through an old hand bag of mine that we will carry all the phone cords, usb cables, flash memory chips and chargers required when going on vacation. I stumbled upon an old business card from the Golden Bear Cottages in Big Bear, California. That was our last vacation. I didn't know if the place is still around, but I tried their internet address on the card, and sure enough... oh.... memories. If you even vacation in Big Bear, you've got to stay there. Its really cool. Little cabins, decorated like your grandma's house. It's really neat. We went up there, oh I'd say around 2001 or so and had a ball. Snow ball fights, Snow angels, and lots of good food. There is this excellent Italian restaurant the owners of Golden Bear recommended which was just a few miles from the cabins, and they serve the best Italian food! Then there's the little restaurant that serves crazy good chili. Big Bear really does rock.
Reply to topic All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Discussion & © 2005-2006

Advertise here

Sexy Shannon | Free Dish Network