greensboro news
General | Local / Regional | Food | Entertainment | Technology | Religion | Politics | Sports | Travel | How To | Classifieds | Beth's Blog
Greensboro Weather
::

China Garden Chinese Restaurant Makes me Wang Chung

By beth
Executive Editor
Published: Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:45 pm

China Garden Chinese Restaurant

So tonight is Shannon's birthday and her favorite restaurant in Greensboro is China Garden on Holden road. Shannon used to eat there all the time when she worked at the Veterinary hospital on High Point rd. I had never ate there before tonight; but wow, this place is good. I've kinda put off Chinese food since we moved back to North Carolina because most of the places in town tasted like white rice with Veg-all in them. Frozen nasty vegetables suck. Anyhow, this place does some good business. The cooks, all 7 of them seemed to be busily cooking away when I walked into their little shop. I walked up to the counter to place an order and was greeted by a young Chinese woman who spoke broken English. I placed my order for Sesame Chicken and a couple of Chicken Chow Meins. Cost $22.00. It only took about 10 minutes for these super chefs to prepare my order which was about 10th in line. I walked out pleased with the incredible service, and was on my way home for Shannon's birthday dinner.

It was apparent from the moment I opened my Chicken Chow Mein that it was worth every penny. Gigantic fresh mushrooms, sauteed onions, the perfect stir fried noodles, in the tastiest chow mein seasonings I've tasted in a long time. I had to taste some of Shannon's sesame Chicken just to see what it was like, and again I was wowed by the tastes in my mouth. The quality of the food is what you would find at a 30 dollar a meal at a fancy Chinese restaurant, not some little shop stuffed in between a Checks Cashing Business and a Papa Johns.

All in all, I give this one 4 chopsticks out of 4, for the best take-out Chinese in Greensboro
By Sebeq
Movie Critic
Published: Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:38 am

Hey I love this joint.
I also do restaurant reviews on chefmoz.org. I just took over g-boro, so it's still missing many rests. but if y'all wanna write reviews for your fav. places to eat it would really help the g-boro site.
Thanks.
K
Reply to topic All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Discussion & © 2005-2006

Advertise here

Sexy Shannon | Free Dish Network