greensboro news
General | Local / Regional | Food | Entertainment | Technology | Religion | Politics | Sports | Travel | How To | Classifieds | Beth's Blog
Greensboro Weather
::

Dominos Steak Fanatic Pizza

By beth
Executive Editor
Published: Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:15 pm

http://www.greensboring.com/pod/dominos_steak_pizza.jpg

Domino's Steak Fanatic Pizza

So I'm sure you've seen the commercial: The one where there are two guys watching their big screen TV, in such a stereotypical "male-watching-football game" pose. The doorbell rings, and the guy stares at his Domino's Steak Fanatic Pizza as if its the manliest pizza in the world. Then you hear the other guy yell out "Hurry up, there is only 20 figurines left!" to which the Domino's guy gives the other guy the "Your Queer look." The man standing at the door now frustrated yells "They're not figurines. they're STATUES!"

Did Domino's realize when they created this advertising edge aimed at masculinity they automatically eliminated perhaps the largest demographic of the pizza eating customer base?-

Women with PMS cravings?

So with the recent advertisements of Domino's 777 Deal. I thought I'd slip past the stereotype and order one of the pizzas as a Steak Fanatic Pizza. It's pretty good. Angus Steak, Mushrooms, and Onions all on a pizza that will confuse your brain a little when you bite into it. It really does taste like a steak & cheese Sub! It's quite odd because you anticipate a tomato sauce, but there isn't any. Shannon went crazy over the pizza, until I told her it was a man's pizza, in which she stopped with her mouth half full, and thought for a moment, then said "Really?" in a distorted mouth full of food way. Followed up by a "Who cares, its freaking good!" And, I agree. Something different, and something unique.
Reply to topic All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Discussion & © 2005-2006

Advertise here

Sexy Shannon | Free Dish Network