greensboro news
General | Local / Regional | Food | Entertainment | Technology | Religion | Politics | Sports | Travel | How To | Classifieds | Beth's Blog
Greensboro Weather
::

Papa Murphy's Take and Bake

By Matt
The Voice of Reason and Dissension
Published: Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:43 pm

Another food I miss a lot from California. They have it now by my parents in WI too.

Concept is this:

They make the pizza to your liking except they don't bake it. Cleaver if you asked me because that make overhead low...no ovens. They used all fresh ingredients and the flavor was just awesome. Proportions HUGE. Digorno's (sp?) frozen is pretty good, but Papa Murphy's was a step up and much cheaper than from like Domino's or Papa John's.

Their website says a new location is opening in Atlanta, GA. Maybe they'll make their way north. Franchising opportunites available! Anyone want to go in on one? A mear $250,000 investment. Razz

Not a good seller in a student neighborhood, but definately good in the burbs.

Is there anyplace like that around here that does that? Little Ceasars (which used to rock but now is bla) used to do somethng like this back in the day.

I've tried to make my own pizza dough from scratch. Just isn't the same.
By beth
Executive Editor
Published: Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:53 pm

Its all it the flour, get some french baguette flour from a bakery, and it will work just fine. but I haven't seen any good take-and-bakes locally, but I imagine they're has to be some.
By beth
Executive Editor
Published: Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:42 pm

You know speaking of Californisms, when are we going to get a freaking Jack N Box? They're in Tennessee. So we've got to be next.
By Matt
The Voice of Reason and Dissension
Published: Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:42 pm

There's one on the way to Charlotte.
Reply to topic All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Discussion & © 2005-2006

Advertise here

Sexy Shannon | Free Dish Network