greensboro news
General | Local / Regional | Food | Entertainment | Technology | Religion | Politics | Sports | Travel | How To | Classifieds | Beth's Blog
Greensboro Weather
::

Burger King's EXTREME Spicy Chicken Sandwich

By beth
Executive Editor
Published: Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:29 pm

I wanted something different today for lunch and I remembered Burger King has been trying to impress the public with its various different burger designs lately, and so I figured why not give them a chance.
However, when I got there the sandwich they had on their sign was actually that of the poultry persuasion and looked very yummy.

It's called the Extreme Spicy Chicken Sandwich. Pretty self-explanatory except for the extreme part. When I think of extreme, I'm thinking of a man riding in a hot air balloon rising into the mesosphere, which gets struck by a asteroid, catches on fire and requiring him to parachute back to earth using his jacket as a parachute. Plummeting to earth at maximum velocity with a huge glowing rock chasing him back to earth. On his way down he passes through a lightning storm, and has to land in a Brier patch growing in quick sand.

That's extreme.

Is Burger King's Extreme Spicy Chicken sandwich even close to that?

No.

http://www.greensboring.com/pod/burger-king-chicken.jpg

In fact it seemed to lack in the ways everything at Burger King does. Taste. Although I will admit this is the closest thing I've had to descent sandwich at the king. Maybe it's the British thing, I don't know but the King generally has bland tasting buns, boring flavors, and nasty fries that taste like they might have been deep fried wood chips from the King's wood working shop.

Don't get me wrong I love me some Whoppers, but other then that Burger King just doesn't seem to have American taste-buds figured out.

But don't think all hope is lost. This sandwich while not extreme, is pretty good. I think it's the Jalapenos that Burger King assumed would give you the flying swan kick in the head, and although I'm somewhat cautious about putting peppers on a sandwich, I must say these were bloody good.

The sandwich itself seems to be bathed in a hot-wing sauce / blue-cheese mixture that ads to the spice. And although I don't have the ability to chemically breakdown all the components of the sandwich in the front seat of my Mazda, I'd also say there was a huge hunk of Monterrey jack cheese, lettuce and tomato.

If your a senior member of the "Never Hot Enough" society, then this sandwich will come in at mild to medium low, but if you like a unique sandwich which combines the best of your movie nachos with a chicken sandwich, then this might be your call.
Reply to topic All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Discussion & © 2005-2006

Advertise here

Sexy Shannon | Free Dish Network