greensboro news
General | Local / Regional | Food | Entertainment | Technology | Religion | Politics | Sports | Travel | How To | Classifieds | Beth's Blog
Greensboro Weather
::

In-N-Out - The 100 Patty Hamburger

By beth
Executive Editor
Published: Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:41 pm

In-N-Out

I recognize this is an east coast blog. I recognize you may not have any clue what I'm talking about. Those who've travelled or are misplaced Californian's already know about the infamous In-N-Out Restaurant chain.

http://www.greensboring.com/pod/in-n-out.jpg

They're known for a burger called the double double. Basically a double cheeseburger made fresh and legendary among late night California burger enthusiasts. For a long time we've all known that although not on the menu, you could always order a triple-triple or even a 10x10 which is 10 beef patties and 10 pieces of cheese.

But now someone has officially ordered a 100x100. Cost $97.88. Total calories: 19490. These undisputed hero's of heartburn ate it in only 2 hours.

http://www.greensboring.com/pod/in-n-out2.jpg

While I can't recommend ordering the 100 patty beef In-N-Out burger on your next visit to California, you might consider praying that one day this legendary restaurant finds its way to the east-coast.
By Matt
The Voice of Reason and Dissension
Published: Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:47 am

Wow!

That chain is family owned. I think the furthest west we'll ever see it is Vegas.

My old boss was retiring from the Air Force and had an interview to be a manager of the one on the way to Vegas from L.A.. You know how much a manager for that store makes with bonuses? Upward of $100k. Not bad for fast food.
Published: Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:00 am

I know when I lived in Ventura, Ca they paid 9 dollars to start for just counter help and cooks. But they worked their butts off on that job.
By scottmc
Guest Columnist
Published: Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:58 pm

I always liked mine "animal style"

Great burgers. Wish we had them here.
By beth
Executive Editor
Published: Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:40 pm

scottmc wrote:

I'm guessing animal style is meat & cheese only????

I've never heard of that..

My dad used to order some conconcotion of a hamburger when he was on Atkins and at in-N-out, that didn't have a bun, but was wrapped in lettuce.
By scottmc
Guest Columnist
Published: Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:31 pm

beth wrote:
scottmc wrote:

I'm guessing animal style is meat & cheese only????

I've never heard of that..

My dad used to order some conconcotion of a hamburger when he was on Atkins and at in-N-out, that didn't have a bun, but was wrapped in lettuce.

animal style refers to a special way that they prepare the burger. They grill the patty with mustard and onions... it absolutely delicious.
By beth
Executive Editor
Published: Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:42 pm

I'll have to try that next time I fly out there. Interesting.
By Matt
The Voice of Reason and Dissension
Published: Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:33 am

In-N-Out: Service. They are 100% about no-nonsense quality service.

When I go to some McD's or Wendies out here, it sounds like the person taking the order is asleep or doesn't speak any known language on the planet.

At In-N-Out, they don't play. It's clear, articulate English.

Another thing: They are psycho about cleaning. Places are always spotless.
By beth
Executive Editor
Published: Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:59 am

I think in general, restaurants in southern California are ran better then they are out here. It wasn't but a few years ago, you'd find most of the restaurants around here with a cook slapping together your chili-burger with a cigarette in his mouth.

But also the kids out there who work at places like In-n-Out are generally better educated, and come from wealthier families. Plus when I lived out there they were paying the kids like 9 dollars an hour to start. They worked their butts off for that 9 dollars, but it was good pay. Maybe if they payed better at the jobs around here, they'd attract a more professional staff.
Reply to topic All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Discussion & © 2005-2006

Advertise here

Sexy Shannon | Free Dish Network