greensboro news
General | Local / Regional | Food | Entertainment | Technology | Religion | Politics | Sports | Travel | How To | Classifieds | Beth's Blog
Greensboro Weather
::

Burger King BK Joe Turbo Coffee

By beth
Executive Editor
Published: Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:08 pm

http://www.greensboring.com/pod/burger_king.jpg

Quote:
BK Joe is made from a superior blend of 100 percent Arabica coffee beans in state-of-the-art coffee systems. New turbo-strength is a bold, full-flavored high octane brew with 40 percent more caffeine than regular BK Joe for full throttle performance.

Wake up with the King. We have all seen the commercial by now. The odd part is, is that when the ads started airing the commercial included a scene where the man in bed touches the hand of the King. This was later cut in the later airings of the of the commercial due to the anti-homosexual sentiment in the US. Im sure grandma just had a fit when she figured out the British were trying to subliminally suggest being gay is a good thing.

Recently to gain back its manly image. The king has introduced their new style of coffee nicknamed BK Joe. Offered in Decaf, Regular, and Turbo its Burger King's final stab at the lucrative breakfast fast food market.

With local temperatures in the 20s today, I thought it would be a good morning to get a frothy coffee at my local Burger King. I pulled up to the drive-thru and was greeted by a friendly burger king employee who graciously asked me if I would like my coffee in decaf, regular or turbo.

Finally a fast food place that actually has named its foods after car parts I thought.

"Turbo", I said, as I stared at the sign on the drive-thru speaker that said 40 percent more caffeine.

Okay now lets fast forward about 54 minutes, and 90 percent of my turbo coffee is now gone. I'm at work and wired! I'm seeing rainbow colors on my computer screen. This stuff is GREAT! I am literally doing jumping jacks in my cubicle. I was able to take a phone call, and place an order in record time, all while sounding chip and interested. If Red Bull gives you wings, BK Joe gives you a freaking rocket accelerating jet pack with happy missiles and a oxygen tank filled with laughing gas. This is really good stuff.

http://www.greensboring.com/pod/bkjoe.jpg
Reply to topic All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Discussion & © 2005-2006

Advertise here

Sexy Shannon | Free Dish Network