greensboro news
General | Local / Regional | Food | Entertainment | Technology | Religion | Politics | Sports | Travel | How To | Classifieds | Beth's Blog
Greensboro Weather
::

Greensboro Used Cars

By beth
Executive Editor
Published: Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:45 am

So my last couple weeks have involved scouring car lots from Greensboro to Charlotte trying to find a used car. Amazingly I stumbled upon a great deal at a local used car lot here in Greensboro at a place called Rick's Used Cars.

So I drove over there thinking "this is it", Right? A 1998 Ford Contour for $1500.00. I get over there and there's oil all over the bottom of the engine. Then I figure, OK, lets drive it anyways? I stick the key in and the check engine light comes on. I look over at the guy they sent with me because I obviously look like someone who will steal this car, even though I left my fathers $15,000 car on their car lot. The guy shrugs his shoulder s and I say "I better give you back these" and hand him the keys.

I'm sure most of the cars are pretty good on his lot. This happened to be the "steal of the day", so what am I to expect. The one thing I did notice is this is the only car lot that offers you free Breakfast or Lunch while your car is serviced, and that alone almost made me want to buy a car from them.
By BecauseHeLives
Features Reporter
Published: Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:32 pm

beth wrote:
So my last couple weeks have involved scouring car lots from Greensboro to Charlotte trying to find a used car. Amazingly I stumbled upon a great deal at a local used car lot here in Greensboro at a place called Rick's Used Cars.

So I drove over there thinking "this is it", Right? A 1998 Ford Contour for $1500.00. I get over there and theres oil all over the bottom of the engine. Then I figure, ok, lets drive it anyways? I stick the key in and the check engine light comes on. I look over at the guy they sent with me because I obviously look like someone who will steal this car, even though I left my fathers $15,000 car on their car lot. The guy shrugs his shoulder s and I say "I better give you back these" and hand him the keys.

I'm sure most of the cars are pretty good on his lot. This happened to be the "steal of the day", so what am I to expect. The one thing I did notice is this is the only car lot that offers you free Breakfast or Lunch while your car is serviced, and that alone almost made me want to buy a car from them.

Shopping for a used car in Greensboro is a joke. I tried that over the summer and it was quite stressful. I finally looked up craigslist and bought a car from somebody on there. It was a smooth transaction and I got a really great deal. Good advice I'm giving you here....
Published: Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:46 pm

I hadn't thought about craigslist, I'll have to check it out.
By rumface
Staff Writer
Published: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:30 am

beth wrote:
I hadn't thought about craigslist, I'll have to check it out.

We're in the market as well for our daughter and Craigslist seems to be the way to go. Make sure to check the Raliegh list, way more cars listed there.

I've also been checking e-bay, but apparently people in Greensboro don't use e-bay to sell their cars.

Oh, Beth, don't get hooked reading the "Casual Encounters" section...It's always quite humorous!!
By BecauseHeLives
Features Reporter
Published: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:35 am

Also.. if you see a nice find on craigslist don't waste too much time checking it out because lots of times they get sold quickly.
Reply to topic All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Discussion & © 2005-2006

Advertise here

Sexy Shannon | Free Dish Network