greensboro news
General | Local / Regional | Food | Entertainment | Science & Technology | Religion & philosophy | Politics | Sports & Auto | World & Travel | How To | Classifieds | Beth's Blog
Greensboro Weather
::

Where is Greensboro's Griffith Park?

By beth
Executive Editor
Published: Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:42 pm

Earlier I got a call from a customer who had a Griffith Park address in California. I stoped for a moment and it hit me, Greensboro doesn't really have a Griffith park. I guess you would need to understand what I'm talking about before this might make sense.

For those who don't know, Griffith park is where the Hollywood sign is. It is also home to the Griffith park observatory, and is bascially the center of activities, for the nearby community of Hollywood. If you want to meet someone for lunch, or want to hang out, and your a nearby resident, you most decidedly will say meet at Griffith Park. If it's a late night romance your seeking, you might sneek into the park for some late night star gazing. If your still fuzzy on what Griffith Park is... see the movie "Rebel without a cause.", Terminator 3, or even Back to the Future II... Or pratically any other movie.

Click for Full Size

When I lived in Ventura, we had our own version of Griffith, called Grant park. Set on a mountainside overlooking the pacific ocean, it was a right of passage for teenagers and a nostalgic serene escape for the rest of the city's citizens. It was a real-life version of "lover's lane", or the hot-spot for night-time activity. What gets me is almost every city I've ever visited, lived in, or heard about has this "one place"... except...

Now this brings me back to the reason I wrote this post. Where is Greensboro's metaphorical "spot?" Where is our Griffith Park, Our Central Park? Do we have one?
I really don't think we do. Isn't that kind of odd?

Reply to topic All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Advertise here

dish network
Shannon's Mom Hack