greensboro news
General | Local / Regional | Food | Entertainment | Technology | Religion | Politics | Sports | Travel | How To | Classifieds | Beth's Blog
Greensboro Weather
::

Crown Honda Greensboro

By beth
Executive Editor
Published: Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:22 pm

Yesterday my father bought a spanking used truck. Dad had found this ad in the paper for a low mileage 1996 Ford Ranger over at Crown Honda of Greensboro. When he got their, despite them offering it to him for twice what the price the ad showed, they eventually conceded to the price in the paper. I don't know if it was a mis-print, or just used-car salesmen techniques, but my dad was just beaming when he drove off the lot in it.

The last time I was in the Crown Honda building was when I accompanied my best friend to purchase his 1996 WS6 Trans-Am. At the time I believe this used to be the Pontiac dealer, and my friend was treated like royalty when he went to pick it up with red-ropes around it, up on display with a sign with his name on it.

I've never had that kind of treatment when buying a car, but then again I've never bought a 35,000 dollar vehicle either. My nicest car was my 95 Honda Civic, I bought new from Asheboro Honda.

Soon I'll be looking for a mini-van or SUV, but unfortunately they don't come cheap. I really want the new Mazada CX-7 but it's probably out of my league at 300.00 a month payments. Probably a Hyundai or KIA is more up my league. But it would be nice not to be cramped like sardines into a little 2-door economy car with the belts squealing every time we go somewhere.
By Matt
The Voice of Reason and Dissension
Published: Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:20 pm

I bought a car from Flow Saturn/Hummer over by Sams Club a couple years ago.

Salesman's name was Kenny something. Pretty good guy and didn't seem to screw with me about price and stuff.
Published: Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:32 pm

beth wrote:
Yesterday my father bought a spanking used truck. Dad had found this ad in the paper for a low mileage 1996 Ford Ranger over at Crown Honda of Greensboro. When he got their, despite them offering it to him for twice what the price the ad showed, they eventually conceded to the price in the paper. I don't know if it was a mis-print, or just used-car salesmen techniques, but my dad was just beaming when he drove off the lot in it.

I used to deal exclusively with Crown Honda. But they screwed me over on a servicing of my Insight. When I e-mailed them to complain, they never responded. I decided they couldn't care less about customer relations any more. So I've not bothered them any further and taken my servicing work to Burlington Honda.

I was loyal for a bit over a decade, but I won't take too much BS when it comes to the care of my 60 mpg car. Mad
Agitators are a set of interfering, meddling people, who come down to some perfectly contented class of the commuinity and sow the seeds of discontent among them. That is the reason why agitators are so absolutely necessary. - Oscar Wilde
Reply to topic All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Discussion & © 2005-2006

Advertise here

Sexy Shannon | Free Dish Network