greensboro news
General | Local / Regional | Food | Entertainment | Technology | Religion | Politics | Sports | Travel | How To | Classifieds | Beth's Blog
Greensboro Weather
::

Ever Been in Jail?

By beth
Executive Editor
Published: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:51 am

Last night I watch the season finale of FX's 30 Days. I love this show. I love Morgan Spurlock. But, I think I'd have to think twice before spending 30 days in jail just for a TV show. Well, the truth is I'd probably do it. I'd be scared to death, but I'd do it. Now I've never been to jail, and personally don't care to; but, I've often wondered, or thought about what I would do If I slipped across that thin invisible line and ended up on the wrong side of the iron bars.

http://www.greensboring.com/upimages/reg/images/9200jail27.jpg

I imagine I'd probably make out OK, since I do have a magnetic personality. Sure I'd have to get in a few fights, break a few bones, I'd probably end up inventing some sort of new weapon out of a tooth brush and a granola bar that would both rip the teeth out of the unsuspecting victim, and at the same time give her constipation.

I think the worst part about the whole situation would be wondering what people on the outside are doing. Is your lover cheating on you, does your family miss you? Is someone remembering to pay your hosting fee's for your blog?

How would you handle it? Would you try to break out?
By chipperooh
Guest Columnist
Published: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:14 pm

When we lived in Chattanooga I was arrested on Signal Mtn one Sunday morning after being pulled for speeding. I had not paid a previous traffic ticket, so Barney handcuffed me and transported me to the Chattanooga city jail.

After being photographed and finger printed, I was placed in a holding cell. (Remember it is Sunday Morning). It smelled of urine and vomit. The Chattanooga police were apologetic and lighthearted about my plight so they kept me seperated from the drunks. Someone kept shouting "Heeeey, Let me outta here...heeeeey!"

The sergeant called my wife- and came back chuckling. "Make yourself comfortable- she said her kids will never see their father in jail- it may be a while." After a couple of hours a neighbor named "Mooch" bailed me out. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Reply to topic All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Discussion & © 2005-2006

Advertise here

Sexy Shannon | Free Dish Network