·  News ·  Travel ·  Food ·  Arts ·  Science ·  Sports ·  Advice ·  Religion ·  Life ·  Greensboro · 

Anamorphic Chalk Drawings By Julian Beaver

by Liv | Published on March 28th, 2006, 11:45 am | Arts
chalk_drawings_3.jpg

Julian Beaver
Julian Beaver (Beever) nicknamed "The Picasso of Pavement", is a Belgian born English freelance street artist whose specialty is anamorphic chalk art drawings known in French as "trompe l'oeil" ('deceive the eye'). Beaver uses flat surfaces such as streets and sidewalk as his canvas, then creates 3-D optical illusions through the art of morphing. By looking at the anamorphic images from the correct angle, the picture seems to defy the laws of perspective. All I can say is wow!

julian beever anamophic chalk art.jpg

real life chalk art by julian beaver.jpg

4d drawings.jpg

3d art from beaver julian.jpg

julian beavers painting.jpg
julian beavers painting.jpg (32.22 KiB) Viewed 3220 times

chalk_drawings.jpg

chalk_drawings_2.jpg

julian beaver chalk art.jpg

julian beever art by chalk.jpg

ImageImageImage[Image
ImageImageImage[ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Julian Beaver's website: http://users.skynet.be/J.Beever/

I noticed that you have posted about Julian Beever and his artwork on your blog in the past, and I thought you would be interested in his newest creation.

My agency recently worked with Julian to create the “Fountain of Youth” in Union Square in NYC a few weeks ago. We recorded a video of how he works and posted it on YouTube. You can check it out here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfn8Dz_13Ms

It’s the first video we’ve seen produced of how he creates his amazing pavement drawings. Check it out, see what you think, and pass it along if you like it.

Let me know if you’d like to know more about the campaign.
February 20th, 2007, 8:35 am
Kristin

OMG i think all his work is amazing and i wonder what made him come up with why he wanted to draw on the sidewalk. i think it is cool how he knows like where to put the color.
August 29th, 2008, 3:53 pm
lily

Return to Arts