·  News ·  Travel ·  Food ·  Arts ·  Science ·  Sports ·  Advice ·  Religion ·  Life ·  Greensboro · 

Tooth Fairy's rate?

by Liv | Published on September 14th, 2007, 7:49 pm | Life
toothfairy 001.jpg
toothfairy 001.jpg (39.64 KiB) Viewed 2265 times

Excitement, Joy... Oh crap, I've got to hit the ATM! Exactly how much money does the modern era adolescent expect from the tooth fairy?
toothfairy 002.jpg
toothfairy 002.jpg (56.39 KiB) Viewed 2086 times

Of All the Foods: Dirty Water Hot-Dog:
toothfairy 004.jpg
toothfairy 004.jpg (61.22 KiB) Viewed 2077 times

Going rate? Try a $1 Sacajawea coin. If the brat says something like "My friends get $5 (or whatever)" point out that the tooth fairy is an anthropomorphic personification and what does he expect from an outmoded belief system.

If he still objects, put $10 in a savings account and point out that that will pay for 30 minutes of college.
September 14th, 2007, 9:43 pm
A Person

In my day it was a nickel... But I think the Fairy Union negotiated a raise after that nasty strike a few years ago. Maybe you'd be better off to call a tooth rat? http://barkowitz.wordpress.com/2005/08/22/finnegan/
September 14th, 2007, 9:49 pm
Billy The Blogging Poet

I'm a little short on Sacajawea, but I have a Kennedy silver dollar (or is it half), embedded in a acrylic cover that states "ask not what...."
September 14th, 2007, 9:52 pm
Liv
I show you something fantastic and you find fault.

Billy The Blogging Poet wrote:In my day it was a nickel... But I think the Fairy Union negotiated a raise after that nasty strike a few years ago. Maybe you'd be better off to call a tooth rat? http://barkowitz.wordpress.com/2005/08/22/finnegan/

That's so awesome.... why didn't I think of that.
September 14th, 2007, 9:53 pm
Liv

One MILLION dollars!!

one_million_dr_evil.jpg
one_million_dr_evil.jpg (8.11 KiB) Viewed 1143 times
September 15th, 2007, 9:08 am
Sanjuro
Expert...on everything...

Well we ended up, I think around $2 and some change and a piece of gum. Chance woke up we told him the gum was from the magic yellow flying bunny the Tooth Fairy rides. I told him it was rabbit droppings. Of course then he was told by Shannon that the "bunny" part was make-believe. I did the whole RCA victor dog thing, and silently questioned why her make-believe story is "real" and mine is "made-up"... no fair.
September 15th, 2007, 9:17 am
Liv

When I was a little kid, and I started losing my baby teeth, I got a quarter for each one... well, the ones I managed to keep long enough to put under my pillow. Now, it seems, there are some questions about how inflation has affected the baby tooth business.

My son got a dollar per tooth. What do other parents think on this hard-core issue? :mrgreen:
March 12th, 2008, 12:05 pm
SouthernFriedInfidel

Location: 5th circle of hell -- actually not very crowded at the moment.
I rather feel that it must be a coin. Somehow paper money doesn't seem to be in the Fairy spirit. I imagine the Tooth Fairy to be a cold hard cash for a cold hard tooth.

So I'd say, the largest denomination coin in general circulation. That rather sucks for Americans as that is $1. Brit Kids can get £2 ($4), Candians $2. But as someone pointed out, it's a franchise and the poor fairies have to supply their own pliers and step ladders.
March 12th, 2008, 12:17 pm
A Person

I think we left a 5 dollar on his pillow... had no change...
March 12th, 2008, 2:57 pm
Liv

That's why the franchise stipulates the Tooth Fairy has to carry pliers. Her books have to balance, teeth against dollars, if she can't make change then another tooth has to go.
March 12th, 2008, 3:03 pm
A Person

Yeah, if her books don't balance out right, she'll be in deep trouble with her union.
Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you "choose" to respond to it.

SouthernFriedInfidel wrote: If you believe things that are contradicted by the evidence, then you are on a path built on falsehoods.
March 13th, 2008, 7:03 am
RebelSnake

For her first tooth I left 8 quarters in her tooth tin. For the rest of them it will only be 6 quarters.
July 29th, 2008, 11:21 am
SunKisst

It's funny that this thread was revived this week. (Thanks Sunkisst.) The eleven year old lost a tooth on Friday or Saturday evening, so under the pillow it went. Yeah, I forgot until we were all awake on Sunday morning. I had to sneak back to the bedroom where the tooth was still under the pillow, wrapped in a tissue. I tucked two quarters in with it. The going rate on the first tooth lost was $5... after that it has steadily decreased. As you see, we're down to 50 cents now. Can't wait till we talk about the toothfairy being made up. Then we'll talk about Santa... and all sorts of mythology...
When it is not in our power to follow what is true, we ought to follow what is most probable. –Rene Descartes

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams
July 29th, 2008, 4:14 pm
Serendipitous
This is my world and I am the world leader...pretend.

Serendipitous wrote: Can't wait till we talk about the toothfairy being made up.
Just in time for College Tuition fees.
Serendipitous wrote: Then we'll talk about Santa... and all sorts of mythology...
SantaRemember.jpg
July 29th, 2008, 4:25 pm
A Person

A Person wrote:
Serendipitous wrote: Can't wait till we talk about the toothfairy being made up.
Just in time for College Tuition fees.
Serendipitous wrote: Then we'll talk about Santa... and all sorts of mythology...
SantaRemember.jpg

Leave it to AP to have the perfect picture ready for the occasion!
July 29th, 2008, 4:37 pm
Serendipitous
This is my world and I am the world leader...pretend.

There are "tooth fairies" in the new "Hellboy" movie. But they're more like piranha and don't give out cash. Not that you'd be in any shape to spend it if they did.
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion. -- Albert Camus

Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.
-- John Steinbeck
July 29th, 2008, 8:18 pm
The Rain King

I know someone who gets $20!
March 12th, 2009, 9:16 pm
tf

That better be a gold tooth for $20
March 19th, 2009, 2:06 pm
Liv

Return to Life