Unocal pipeline conspiracy

by
Published on May 16th, 2006, 12:42 am
Rift: Life

Inspired in part by Liv’s wonderful Vendetta speech, I would like to share some political crap that has been bugging me lately as I un-wash my brain.
I recently found out about the Unocal pipeline conspiracy (why am I always the last to know about these things?) in which some Army guys let the cat out of the bag to Henry Rollins on a USO tour that they were actually in Afghanistan to protect the interests of the pipeline, not democracy. (http://www.chud.com/index.php?type=interviews&id=6256)
This just gets better and better! I wake up this morning to find out that we have officially re-opened our US embassy in Libya. So I started digging. I distinctly remembered the US media suggesting that Saddam had outsourced his WMD production to Libya when he knew the UN was going to inspect his country. A story that was quickly quelled I might add. This, incidentally was the reason that no WMD’s were found in Iraq. Go here for those details http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1219953/posts. Follow the chain with me…on September 7, 2001 this was posted on the WorldNetDaily “Libya recently issued a warning to U.S. oil companies, giving them one year to resume business or lose their operating licenses. Tripoli wants to pressure Washington to suspend or lift unilateral sanctions. Failing this, Libya is laying the groundwork for the expropriation of U.S. concessions and their resale to Asian, European and Russian oil companies.” Next, in 2004, the US and Britain began to get oil from Libya again when Libya ditched its WMD program and handed over all its chemical weapons, which in actuality were Saddam’s weapons. (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/3777561.stm) Lastly, this article talks about the mad dash to renew contracts in 2005 as Asia, Russia and other Eastern countries rush into Libya. (http://www.rigzone.com/news/article.asp?a_id=26087) Confused? Let me spell it out for you – Just days before 9/11, Libya pressures the US to lift sanctions. Our government knew about the possible terrorist attack but ALLOWS it to happen. Why? Well, we already knew that Saddam and Libya were in bed together. Halliburton needed Afghanistan to have a stable and recognized government (http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/oil.html) in order to go forth with the Unocal pipeline. They also need stable/western friendly governments in Iraq, Iran and Pakistan to traffic oil without a hitch from the newly found reserves in the Caspian Sea. So now, thanks to the death of thousands of innocent people, we have an enemy;the Taliban. We take them out and move on to Saddam. We take him out and get twice the oil because now we have forced Libya’s hand. They HAVE to surrender the goods/weapons because they fear reprisal. They also go ahead and make a payoff for the Lockerbie incident and wham bam, sanctions lifted and all is forgiven. Now broke, Libya needs cash, cash that will be generated from the operating licenses and oil reserves untapped for years due to the sanctions.
Condi Rice says, “We’re done talking to Iran.” Which means they may be next if they don’t cooperate? And Pakistan? They’re so scared we already have them in our back pocket. So I’m officially going on record as the first Republican to say- THIS WAR IS ABOUT MONEY!!
The sad part is that it won’t matter if the Democrats are in because they are just as dirty. Don’t kid yourself into believing a vote for either party is going to change foreign policy, because its not! This train is barreling down a set of tracks put in motion since the Bush Sr. admin and through the Clinton admin. Oh, by the way, just hours after the US opened its embassy in Libya, the price of oil per barrel dropped below 70$.
Am I completely crazy or does this make sense to anyone else out there?
This independent study report also inlcudes some fascinating information on the Caspian issue and explains it in more detail.
http://members.tripod.com/~KELSAGHIR/Caspian/index
I say we all vote Libertarian next time and see what happens?
May 16th, 2006, 12:42 am

I say we all vote Libertarian next time and see what happens?

I have been tempted to on several occasions, but in the last election, and more then likely in this one... I must weigh the facts of reality & that it will still come down to a democrat and a republican, and I refuse to let a republican win.
May 16th, 2006, 5:11 am
Liv

Follow Me
But Liv,
at least you didn't say I was crazy! I mean, when I looked at this evidence and actually began to think that our government allowed something as awful as 9/11 to happen because of oil reserves, I wanted to blow up congress! My democratic friends had been saying oil was the cause of the war, but they were saying oil in Iraq, not the Caspian Sea. It sickens me that this war will continue, possibly even a draft (and that comes from the horses mouth of Marines in Iraq) all so we can wield power over some of the largest oil reserves in the world. I forgot to mention that China has been stockpiling oil for quite some time now. Our push for the reserves in Libya and the Caspian could also be a result of this stockpiling. I'm still worried that it won't matter who is in office though. I look back to all the flip flopping by Kerry ("No more war" to "I never said I was going to pull troops") and it leads me to believe that it just isn't going to matter unless a grassroots candidate could be put in place.
May 16th, 2006, 11:46 am
Sebeq

Maybe so, but right now I'd be more then willing to trade Kerry for Bush. It couldn't be much worst. I have a feeling Kerry's flip-flopping was more an issue of political campaigning then, actually inflection on his intended presidential decisions. Either way... if I see another Bush in office in 2008, I think I might blow up something.
May 16th, 2006, 6:45 pm
Liv

Follow Me
Last edited by Matt on October 27th, 2007, 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May 17th, 2006, 6:27 am
Matt

I think they thought they had the election bagged personally.... I was so sure we'd win, I would have bet on it. I'm guessing if it wasn't for Rove's antics we would have. Why Kerry.., lots of good reasons, but unfortunately his campaign, now looking back, was ran horribly.
May 17th, 2006, 7:19 am
Liv

Follow Me
Henry Rollins is a butch boy. Tell him I said that :lol:
May 17th, 2006, 8:26 pm
JQPublic

Return to Life