·  News ·  Travel ·  Food ·  Arts ·  Science ·  Sports ·  Advice ·  Religion ·  Life ·  Greensboro · 

Red Heads... loved by Santa too.

by Liv | Published on December 17th, 2009, 4:38 pm | Life
This just cracked me up 6 ways to Sunday, and I had to share:

"SANTA loves all kids. Even GINGER ones" - Christmas card Tesco has withdrawn from two stores in York after complaints.

When shopper Davinia Phillips, whose three young daughters have red hair, saw this card on the supermarket shelves, she complained in no uncertain terms. Staff agreed to remove the cards, and Tesco is yet to decide if it will withdraw the cards nationwide. cite

Speaking of... has anyone seen the vulgar atrocities of clothing they're selling at Wal Mart with holiday themes on it, making all our children sound like smart asses?

Liv wrote:This just cracked me up 6 ways to Sunday, and I had to share:

"SANTA loves all kids. Even GINGER ones" - Christmas card Tesco has withdrawn from two stores in York after complaints.

When shopper Davinia Phillips, whose three young daughters have red hair, saw this card on the supermarket shelves, she complained in no uncertain terms. Staff agreed to remove the cards, and Tesco is yet to decide if it will withdraw the cards nationwide. cite

I saw this story, and was totally puzzled by it. All my life, I've been thinking that red head are the most attractive females out there. What these ad people could be thinking, I have no clue.
Speaking of... has anyone seen the vulgar atrocities of clothing they're selling at Wal Mart with holiday themes on it, making all our children sound like smart asses?

Haven't been to Wal Mart for several weeks. I'm ignorant (blissfully so), but I can sort of guess what you have seen. I used to go there pretty regularly, but now I'm out of the cycle, I'm ever so happy about it.
:dance:
December 18th, 2009, 8:03 am
SouthernFriedInfidel

Location: 5th circle of hell -- actually not very crowded at the moment.
SouthernFriedInfidel wrote:I saw this story, and was totally puzzled by it. All my life, I've been thinking that red head are the most attractive females out there. What these ad people could be thinking, I have no clue.

I think it harks back to Catherine Tate as she did a hilarious sketch on her show talking about the oppression of her people "The ginger"....

Though there does seem to be a serious discriminatory problem with people of red hair. In fact there was a case in the US a few weeks ago which got press coverage over a child who was bullied for having red hair. They're calling it gingerism.
December 18th, 2009, 11:59 am
Liv
I show you something fantastic and you find fault.

Return to Life