•  Beth's Blog•  World News•  Local News•  Food•  Arts•  Science•  Religion / Philosophy•  Politics•  Sports•  DIY•  Back Page• 

Abortion, Racism and Greensboro's Gangs

by
BrendaBee
Features Reporter
Published on Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:02 am

This post started out as an comment on CA’s (The Conservative Alternative We101) site and grew, as many of my comments do, into a post. So I brought it home. BB
********************************************************************************

CA, I was NOT implying that you were stating that abortion "affects minorities disproportionately". I have been reading these words from several sources blogs and News media). And, I repeat, I have never seen a woman dragged kicking and screaming into a Planned Parenthood Clinic. In fact, in the ones I have been connected with I was hired to give counseling in alternatives to abortion. Yes people, the clinic PAID me to try to lose them a paying customer.

Now some claim "Lots of women don’t really want to have an abortion, but feel compelled to do so by family, boyfriends, etc.". I really do not feel that the clinics nor the pro-abortionists should be held responsible for this. If anything the morals of today are very much to blame, and the churches are the keepers of the people's morals. How many sermons have you heard since the "let it all hang out" 1980's to the "hooking up" 2000's about marriage before fornication? I personally have heard or read very few until the very recent past (last 5 years or so), and that only seems to apply to teenagers who have fewer rational thoughts, more raging hormones and less experience than the adults they are trying to emulate. Adults who apparently do not have these restrictions if modern TV and music and even governments like our city of Greensboro which is using our tax dollars to pay the health insurance premiums for ‘cohabiting without benefit of marriage’ adults is any indication. And yet where is the big crusade to clean up the indecencies in our culture? If this happened the Planned Parenthood Clinics would go out of business due to lack of customers.

What about the social service agencies? One other culprit in the decay of amorality: new employees and volunteers are beat over the head with the words "do not judge". What ever you do when you are recommending prenatal service DO NOT also suggest the pregnant females discuss future birth control like an IUD or having her tubes tied with her doctor. (No need to suggests the Pill because these women wouldn’t be pregnant if they were responsible enough to take a pill daily.) If you mention birth control and suggest that having a baby without the experience and wherewithal to support that child just might be a bit immoral as well as immature, and stupid and that would be making judgments. Well, Planned Parenthood councilors do indeed mention all of these things so future unwanted pregnancies will not happen.

Oh, so you actually mentioned parents and boyfriends who "pressure women to get abortions". If the parents (and future grandparents) are so immoral and unloving that they would see their own child suffer thru the trauma of having and living with the fact of having had an abortion, and so hateful that they would see their own grandchild destroyed then what kind of a family would this dear innocent soul be coming into? I cry for that child and know in my heart the soul is much better off remaining with the Lord because life on Earth has every indication of being Hell on Earth!

I won't get into the boyfriend and his character. Men have two brains in my experience, and one of these brains lacks intelligence and a conscience. Nuf said.

While you are bemoaning the tortuous abortion of a fetus have you even taken the time to visit a children’s trauma center and seen children who have been tortured, beaten and starved? Have you bothered to look into the eyes of children in foster care whom no one wants; whom no one loves? Then just take yourself down to the juvenile jails and see the children behind bars ( and these are the lucky ones!). The unlucky ones are bleeding their life out on our streets. Most of these children studies have shown started life as unwanted pregnancies whose mother chose to give birth to and then chose to neglect them and raise them in poverty and hopelessness.

Greensboro has grown up and now this relatively small town has the big city problem of gangs in our streets cutting the city up in segments and fighting and killing over these pieces. These gangs terrorize and rule their neighborhoods. On Joe Wilson’s blog I read about his experience of checking out a crossing bridge that has now become a gangs “toll bridge”. Right here in Greensboro, NC! Might I point out that members of these gangs are more likely to be minorities who are poor and usually from mother’s only households and very much likely to be illegitimate at that. Might I also point out that nationally Blacks make up 73% of illegitimate births, and here in Greensboro/Guilford it has been reported as higher than the national? They join gangs for the “love” they think is being offered. They join gangs for the male father figure most do not have. They join gangs to give themselves an identity of some kind because from birth their spirit has been strangled until they have no self esteemed.

I will say again and again that I hate and detest abortion! There are no pro-abortionist who want to have babies aborted; not one that I have ever met. I don’t know their reasons for being pro, I only know my own. I have looked in to the eyes of abused children, I have visited children locked behind bars, I have seen our foster systems up close and personal and I have walked in our slums and I know as sure as I know there is a God that those souls are much better off staying with Him than being born on Earth.

I am an Opinionated Older Lady Who Speaks Out. You may not always agree with or like my messages, but they are sincerely given. Coming from looking back over a lifetime of social activism.

Moderators: SouthernFriedInfidel, schitzy, Matt, Sanjuro