·  News ·  Travel ·  Food ·  Arts ·  Science ·  Sports ·  Advice ·  Religion ·  Life ·  Greensboro · 

The Book of Enoch

by Liv | Published on November 7th, 2008, 4:03 pm | Religion
Ok... Two years ago, someone found another lost book of the bible... and made some big deal out of it... Exactly how many lost books are there?

According to the Bible, angels once walked upon the surface of the earth. Speculation also exists that they are the missing 'master' race. In 1773, a British explorer, James Bruce, discovered a scroll in Abyssinia (Ethiopia) that was a full copy of the Book of Enoch, which appeared to be a Book of the Bible, written in the 2nd century BC. This text had existed in fragmentary form, written in Aramaic, in Europe for centuries, but had been rejected by the Catholic Church as heresy. The text itself deals with a group of angels on Earth called 'The Watchers', who dwelt in a high place. VIA

I swear I saw a movie about this with Nicholas Cage in it....

Exactly how many lost books are there?

What sort of question is that?? :lol:
November 8th, 2008, 3:28 am
SouthernFriedInfidel

Location: 5th circle of hell -- actually not very crowded at the moment.
I'm just upset that someone, somewhere decided the Bible was finished at a certain point... How do we really know that "Greensboring" isn't in actuallity the final book of the bible?
November 8th, 2008, 10:18 am
Liv
I show you something fantastic and you find fault.

Liv wrote:I'm just upset that someone, somewhere decided the Bible was finished at a certain point... How do we really know that "Greensboring" isn't in actuallity the final book of the bible?

The bible was a work in progress, and to a certain extent, still is. In the year 325 A.D. by the order of the Roman Emperor Caesar Flavius Constantine, the Council of Nicea was called in Turkey. This council declared Jesusto be divine and one with the Father. However, it did not (as some people claim) establish the cannon (books of the bible). That was done at another meeting called a Synod, and it was primarily the Synod of Hippo in AD 393 that compiled the foundation of the modern Christian bible. This Synod acknowledged 27 books of the New Testament. Prior to this synod, 21 books were acknowledged by pretty much everybody to be clearly cannon (bible). There were: the 4 Gospels, The Acts of the Apostles (13 chapters), Paul, Peter John, and Revelations.

There were 10 disputed books (Hebrews, James, 2 Peter, 2-3 John, Jude, Ps-Barnabas, Hermas, Didache, Gospel of Hebrews) and several that most all considered heretical—Gospels of Peter, Thomas, Matthaias, Acts of Andrew, John, and a few others.

As you have seen here in this forum, Christians do not agree on the bible. Some denominations exclude chertain chapters, there are different translations, and even disagreement on the meaning and context of the bible itself as well as interpretations of various tracts. New translations may always produce change in some denominations.

How Christians view the bible varies quite a bit among different denominations. Many Christians, believe the bible was inspired by God, but written by imperfect men who may have erred by including some of their own ideas which were not divinely inspired. Others, typically fundamentalists or people who describe themselves as Bible-believing Christians, insist that the entire Bible is the exact Word of God, and was written down perfectly by humans (and some may even believe it was written by God Himself). Still others hold the Biblical infallibility perspective, that is, they believe the Bible is free from error in spiritual matters. Some of those believe it is infallible in both spiritual and scientific matters, others believe it is strictly a spiritual book and not meant to be interpreted in a scientific sense.

While most leaders of the various Christian demominations fiercely reject the idea that any discoveries of additional texts can or should ever modify (either by addition or subtraction) any part of the modern Christian bible versions, there are many Christians who recognize that inclusion of the books of the bible was a very human decision and that those decisions, mostly made between 300 and 500 A.D. may have excluded some things that would have been very important to Christian belief systems. Most of those so-called, "heretical" tracts have been lost to history. However, as you all know, some have been found hidden in caves and other secure places.

The process of changing the teachings of Jesus began very early in the history of Christianity. For example, some people, such as myself, believe that due to middle eastern cultural sensibilities and values, the early role of women in the church was radically suppressed. We know that the role of women during Jesus life and shortly after His death was extremely active--immediately after Jesus' death, many early Christian groups were in fact led by women. Evidence from some of the discovered scrolls and codexes provide some evidence that very early on, Christianity almost became a religion of women. Mary Magdalene was almost certainly an early leader of Christian groups and there was even a gospel written based on her teachings. We only have a small fragment of that gospel (found, in 1896 on a papyrus codex.

Paul (following Peter's biases) worked hard and successfully to suppress the role of women in the Church.

Therefore, there may have been other writings that were rejected by the early Church Fathers and unless copies are discovered someday, they have been forever lost to history.

In any case, I think you can be sure that any additional writings--or even earlier versions of the accepted books that might be found will be rejected by modern churches. The problem is that translations of those documents might change the currently accepted versions of those books and while we know there are some mistranslations in the bible, those existing translations will be held to very tightly by existing church leaders (all churches included).

However, I will never say that changes cannot happen. If, for example, a new text or an earlier version of existing texts are found, translations of which provide different information, and that new information differs from current beliefs, it is always possible that the people could begin to adhere to new beliefs, and force a substantial number of ministers to accept the new beliefs. I simply recognize that change--however strongly resisted by established authorities--can be forced if enough people decide to change their beliefs.
November 8th, 2008, 1:20 pm
Questioner

Do you really think Cristianity will evolve before it dies out?

It really seems they'd prefer to go to their grave then amend established concepts within their religion.
November 8th, 2008, 5:02 pm
Liv

Christianity continues to evolve. BHL's dispensationalism is a recent invention of John Darby in the 1800's. Jeremiah Wright's black liberation theology is even more recent invention of the 1960's. Liberal Catholics are rewriting Catholicism in practice if not officially.

In many parts of Europe and Scandinavia, Christianity is little more than a social network. Swedes attend church, marry in church and listen to sermons, they just don't believe in God any more.
All stupid ideas pass through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is ridiculed. Third, it is ridiculed
November 8th, 2008, 10:45 pm
A Person

A Person wrote:In many parts of Europe and Scandinavia, Christianity is little more than a social network. Swedes attend church, marry in church and listen to sermons, they just don't believe in God any more.

I think I'd honestly love to witness that... must be quite remarkable...
November 9th, 2008, 10:43 am
Liv

Liv wrote:Do you really think Cristianity will evolve before it dies out?

It really seems they'd prefer to go to their grave then amend established concepts within their religion.

Liv, my point is that Christianity IS evolving, and it has been evolving and changing ever since Jesus died! Existing denominations may resist the changes that people want, but if they do that, then new denominations will arise to fit the needs and desires of the people. Right now, a lot of Americans are in the throes of a fundamentalist period. That will pass, although there will always be people who follow that particular path. But as the interests, tastes and needs of people evolve (as they always do), other forms of Christianity will move into ascendancy. Some changes--usually fairly dramatic changes--will be led by new ministers who disagree with whatever orthodoxy exists at the time. Other changes will slowly evolve as ministers realize that their congregations will decline unless they adjust their preaching to the tastes and desires of their changing congregations.

There is a strain of real evil in humankind. That strain consists of a need to hate and revile somebody else. It really doesn't matter what they are hating and reviling over. For a long time in America, racial minorities and Jews were the main targets, although of course homosexuals have always been targets too. (In the past, however, homosexuals tended to keep their sexual orientation secret from everybody but their personal circle, and they don't have an obvious physical difference that makes it obvious to all that they are "different". So it was a bit harder to target them.)

Of late, the targets of the haters have been liberals, homosexuals, and muslims. Targets change, but the need to hate and even kill other people remains, and people want their religious leaders to help them justify those impulses. Sadly, there have been all too many religious leaders who were willing to feed that hate and evil. That was an example of evolution. Obviously, a direction I think was harmful and unChristian. But definitely an evolution. Hopefully now, the direction will change in positive direction.
November 9th, 2008, 11:02 am
Questioner

Hopefully now, the direction will change in positive direction.

Hope, seems to be a theme lately.... guess we shall keep with it.
November 9th, 2008, 11:06 am
Liv

I've looked into the Book of Enoch and I find the book VERY interesting. There is a reason this book was removed from the Bible. Mainly because of its controversial nature in talking about "beings coming from the heavens" or fallen angels. The Book of Enoch also has a book within it called "The Book of Noah" which describes in detail how the flood happened. It said that the earth "Tilted" The Book of Noah suggests that God used the flood to basically wipe out the unholy offspring of earth women and the fallen angels. Those offspring were called the Nephilim. The Nephilim and the unholy union between fallen angels and human women are briefly mentioned in the Book of Genesis. What that tells us is that these fallen angels were extraterrestrial in nature and that they were physical beings because they produced offspring with human women. There are a number of parallels between these fallen angels and UFOs like the alien abductions were supposedly hybrid aliens are created. The descriptions of some of these beings are identical as well. In the book of Noah, the angels are described as having skin and hair as white as snow. The descriptions of some extraterrestrials are that they are tall with paper white skin and white hair. Another interesting parallel is that angels dont have reproductive organs because they are a direct creation of God. Also its described that exaterrestrials dont have sex organs based on alleged witness accounts. So I guess the question is if angels dont have sex organs, how did they produce offspring with human women? It could have been done with genetics instead of intercourse. But going back to the great flood, according to the Book of Noah, the purpose was to wipe out the "polluted DNA"/ hybrid angel-human offspring. The Bible says that Noah was perfect in his generation and thats why him and his family were chosen repopulate the earth. Now clearly Noah wasnt a perfect person in regards to not being a sinner so what did God mean by perfect? Some have suggested that he was genetically perfect and he did not have DNA that resulted in fallen angels interbreeding with human woman. Now I know all this sounds crazy but if you believe in the words of the Bible and you believe that UFOs are real, there may be a connection. Fallen angels and extraterrestrials may be the same beings. The Bible uses alot of symbolism and describes things in simple terms but the world before the great flood may have been more complex than we could ever imagine. Cave dwellers didnt build the Great Pyramids.
November 10th, 2008, 8:26 am
Knightrider

Knightrider wrote:The Nephilim and the unholy union between fallen angels and human women are briefly mentioned in the Book of Genesis.

I seem to recall a passage in Genesis that mentions women having children by heavenly beings (sons of God in many translations) -- but I didn't get the idea that these were considered "unholy" in any way.
The Bible wrote:The Nephilim were on the earth in those days - and also afterward - when the sons of God went in to the daughters of humans, who bore children to them. These were the heroes that were of old, warriors of renown.- Gen 6:4 -
November 10th, 2008, 8:56 am
SouthernFriedInfidel

I have had and read this book for while,a lot of books was not considered for the bible,a lot,but if you read Ezekiel you would wonder why this book was considered for the bible,it also mentions the fact that of living creatures 1:19, and in GENESIS 1:26(And God said (Let us)make man in (our image),after(our likeness)and (let them) have dominion over the fish of the sea,and over the fowl of the air, and over every every (Creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. So intern this lets you know that there was indeed others gods or other beings before adam and eve. (side bar) If you type the name adam on your computer,it will detect that it's a mispelled word. Any how enjoy the book it's an eye opener,another book that I think you would like is the lost book of eden.
November 10th, 2008, 10:03 am
LIONTRACKS

LIONTRACKS wrote:I have had and read this book for while,a lot of books was not considered for the bible,a lot,but if you read Ezekiel you would wonder why this book was considered for the bible,it also mentions the fact that of living creatures 1:19, and in GENESIS 1:26(And God said (Let us)make man in (our image),after(our likeness)and (let them) have dominion over the fish of the sea,and over the fowl of the air, and over every every (Creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. So intern this lets you know that there was indeed others gods or other beings before adam and eve. (side bar) If you type the name adam on your computer,it will detect that it's a mispelled word. Any how enjoy the book it's an eye opener,another book that I think you would like is the lost book of eden.

ah yea..the Book of Ezekiel in the Bible...lets take a look at that:

I looked, and I saw a windstorm coming out of the north-- and immense cloud with flashing lighting and surrounded by brilliant light. The center of the fire looked like glowing metal, and in the fire was what looked like four living creatures. In appearance their form was that of a man, but each of them had four faces and four wings.

Their legs were straight; their feet were like those of a calf and gleamed like burnished bronze. Under their wings on their four sides they had the hands of a man. All four of them had faces and wings, and their wings touched one another. Each one went straight ahead; they did not turn as they moved. (1:4-9)

Their faces looked like this: Each of the four had the face of a man, and on the right side each had the face of a lion, and on the left the face of an ox; each also had the face of an eagle. Such were their faces. Their wings were spread out upward; each had two wings, one touching the wing of another creature on either side, and two wings covering its body. Each one went straight ahead. Wherever the spirit would go, they would go, without turning as they went. The appearance of the living creatures was like burning coals of fire or like torches; it was bright, and lightning flashed out of it. The creatures sped back and forth like flashes of lightning. (1:10-14)

As I looked at the living creatures, I saw a wheel on the ground beside each creature with its four faces. This was the appearance and structure of the wheels: They sparkled like chrysolite, and all four looked alike. Each appeared to be made like a wheel within a wheel. As they moved, they would go in any one of the four directions the creatures faced; the wheels did not turn about as the creatures went. their rims were high and awesome, and all four rims were full of eyes all around (port holes?). (1:15-18)

When the living creatures moved, the wheels beside them moved; and when the living creatures rose from the ground, the wheels also rose. Wherever the spirit would go, they would go, and the wheels would rise along with them, because the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels... When the creatures moved, I heard the sound of their wings, like the roar of the Almighty, like the tumult of an army. (1:19-20, 24,) (New International Version)

The last paragrph talks about the spirit of the creatures being in the wheels. Colonel Corso of the Eisenhower administration said he was invovled with the Roswell Crash in New Mexico and said the crash was of an extraterrestrial craft. He said it was almost like the EBEs (Extraterrestrial Biological Entities) were a part of the craft itself in how it operated....sounds alot like what Ezekiel describes in the last paraghraph. Colonel Corso said technology such as fiber optics and the intergrated circuit (computer chip) all came from the Roswell craft. He said these technologies were given to companies that had contracts with the government and thier job was to further develope those technologies for commercial use.

But this is the most striking detail account of a UFO in the Bible. Ezekiel calls them creatures yet they have the appearance of man. In other words they are humanoid but not human.

A METAL WHEEL WITH IN A WHEEL THAT HAS EYES ROUND ABOUT

November 10th, 2008, 10:21 am
Knightrider

I really love this thread....
November 10th, 2008, 7:24 pm
Liv

Liv wrote:I really love this thread....

There are several books in the Bible that will satisfy the desire for weird visions. Joel, Daniel, Ezekiel (my least favorite because of the cooking over sh!t fires and the interminable chapters on how to build a freaking temple) and Revelation. I doubt that these were the result of drug trips, as some suggest. Rather they are coded language that fed Jewish/Christian desire for "secret knowledge" known only to initiates. Rather like the Masons...
November 11th, 2008, 7:50 am
SouthernFriedInfidel

Mmmmm...LSD... Never underestimate a bad trip. :dance:
"You can't put the civil rights of a minority up for a majority vote."
November 11th, 2008, 7:52 am
Sanjuro
Expert...on everything...

I think there are alot of things about this universe and even about ourselves that we dont understand. I think its pretty clear that the fallen angels in the Bible and extraterrestrials are the same beings. Descriptions of both beings are identicle in some cases. (white hair with snow white skin? what are the odds?) Actually an angel or a fallen angel is an extraterrestrial because they are not of this earth. Early man didnt use the word extraterrestrials or aliens, instead they called them angels and demons. Some civilizations called them gods. But the theme is always the same...beings coming down from the heavens.

But you must admit that Ezekiel scripture in the Bible sounds EXACTLY like a modern UFO encounter. It describes glowing metal flying in the sky with four living creatures that were human like. It describes the shape of the glowing metal (a wheel) and the scripture described how these creatures in these "wheels" moved (back and forth like flashes of lightning) This is a very detail description of what Ezekiels saw in the sky and on the ground and im surprised that this has been over looked by many ministers and scholars.

Another interesting thing to note is that Beelzebub is another name for Satan. It means "prince of the air". In fact "Zebub" is hebrew for "Lord of things that Fly or Flit" Flit means to move rapidly from one place to another. Coincidently UFOs do these manuevers. Based on biblical scripture we can establish that fallen angels were not just invisible spirits but physical beings. The Book of Enoch also describes how these fallen angels taught man science and how to make weapons, similar to what could be secretly happening today at places like Area 51.
November 11th, 2008, 11:40 am
Knightrider

I'm the first to believe it... I know the "Rationals" on here like the "I'll believe it when I see it.".... but there does seem like a giant leap in the evolution of mankind's knowledge, (if not genetic code) at some time in the near past. It's really not that far of leap of logic for myself to believe something or someone more advanced had their hand in our evolution.

I mean after-all, our scientists do it in labs all the time... I'm certain if we have intergalatical travel it wouldn't be beyond belief we'd start mucking with other world's and their life-forms.
November 11th, 2008, 3:49 pm
Liv

I agree and I think we really need to question our own orgins because we may be closely related to these beings. That may be why the secret keepers are holding on to this information so tight. It could turn the perception of our world religions upside down. But I guess its so hard to swallow by many because they've seen this in hundreds of science fiction movies and its a subject of ridicule.

quotes from well known people:

"We already have the means to travel among the stars, but these technologies are locked up in black projects and it would take an act of God to ever get them out to benefit humanity.... Anything you can imagine, we already know how to do."
BEN RICH
Head of the Lockheed Skunk Works (father of Stealth Technology)
Lecture just before he died
------------------------------------------------
"we have things out in the desert that are 50 years beyond what you can comprehend" "and wont be made public for another 50 years" "If you've seen it in Star Trek or Star Wars, we've been there and done that."
BEN RICH
"We have things at Area 51 that you and the best minds in the world won't even be able to conceive that we have for 30 or 40 years, and won't be made public for another 50." "We have things in the Nevada desert that are alien to your way of thinking far beyond anything you see on Star Trek."
BEN RICH
John F. Kennedy
"We seek a free flow of information... we are not afraid to entrust the American people with unpleasant facts, foreign ideas, alien philosophies, and competitive values. For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."
Nov. 21, 1963. (the day before he was assasinated)
George H. W. Bush
"I know some. I know a fair amount."
George Bush replying in 1988 to a question about UFOs while campaigning to become President. "
Harland Bentley
"I was in a facility in California doing classified work. Our astronauts were doing a loop around the moon. I heard them say they had a bogey coming in at 11:00. It was another type of ship. There were portals there that they could see in. They could see beings of some sort. They just took photographs. After a few thousand miles, they took off from the capsule and went away. This happened before the lunar landing. This event was unedited because of where I was."
Harland Bentley, NASA, Department of Energy
Dr. H. Marshall Chadwell
"Sightings of unexplained objects at great altitude and traveling at high speeds in the vicinity of major US defense installations are of such nature that they are not attributable to natural phenomena or known types of aerial vehicles."
Chadwell, former assistant director of the CIA's Office of Scientific Intelligence, in a December, 1952 memo to then-director of the CIA, General Walter B. Smith
Roscoe Hillenkoetter
”Behind the scenes, high-ranking Air Force officers are soberly concerned about UFOs. But through official secrecy and ridicule, many citizens are led to believe the unknown flying objects are nonsense.”
From a public statement, 1960.
“The phenomenon of UFOs is real. I know that there are scientific organisations which study the problem.”

Former Soviet President Mikhail Gorbachev on 26th April 1990.
“Well, if I had been briefed on that [UFOs], I am sure it would have been classified.”
VICE PRESIDENT DICK CHENEY
" . . . When that truth of alien intervention in our planet's affairs and our ongoing contact with an alien culture is finally revealed, it won't be frightening even though it will be a shock."
LT. COLONEL PHILIP CORSO
President Eisenhower's National Security Council Staff
"When I was at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, we had flying saucers that covered the distance from Columbus to Detroit in the equivalent of about 20,000 miles per hour ... Zero-point energy represents about 40-50 megawatts of power per cubic inch of space. That’s a lot of power. If you could tap it at will, then no one would have to sell gasoline or oil anymore ... Depending on the secrecy level, you have to go through a significant background check. When you do that, if you’re in a very tight compartment, you sign a statement that you will not divulge the existence of the project or even answer a question that could acknowledge the existence of the project. I know people today that worked on one of the things I worked on, and if you asked them about it, they would say, 'No, I have no idea what you’re talking about.' They’re in their seventies now, but they still absolutely would never admit that they even know what you’re talking about. If there were non-earthbound sources of information, the people who were doing the design or analysis work would never have any idea of where it came from."
PAUL CZYSZ, PhD
McDonnell-Douglas
Professor of Aeronautical Engineering
"We have, indeed, been contacted-perhaps even visited-by extraterrestrial beings, and the US government, in collusion with the other national powers of the Earth, is determined to keep this information from the general public."
VICTOR MARCHETTI
Former Special Assistant to the Executive Director of the CIA
"We have indeed been contacted by extraterrestrial beings, and the US government in collusion with other national powers of the Earth is determined to keep this information away from the general public. The purpose of the inter-nation conspiracy concerning the reality of UFOs is to maintain a workable stability amongst the nations of the world, and for them in turn to retain institutional control over their respective populations."

"Thus for governments to admit that there are beings from outer space with mentalities and technological capabilities obviously far superior to ours, could, once fully perceived by the average person, erode the foundations of the Earth’s traditional power structure. Political and legal systems, religions, economic and social institutions could all soon become meaningless in the eyes of the public. The national oligarchical establishments, even civilization as we know it, could collapse into anarchy. Such extreme conclusions are not necessarily valid, but they probably accurately reflect the fears of the ruling classes of most major nations who’s leaders, particularly those in the intelligence business, have always advocated excessive government secrecy as being necessary to preserve national security..."
VICTOR MARCHETTI
Former Special Assistant to the
Executive Director of the CIA
"These revelations underscore a long, sordid history of governmental and media secrecy and the acquisition of technologies such as microelectronics, anti-gravity propulsion and zero-point, or "free" energy, from our visitors. This massive cover-up has been going on for almost six decades since the UFO crash near Roswell, New Mexico in July 1947, an event which was certainly not caused by balloons, as alleged by the U.S. Air force. Such myths are only accepted by the ignorant or the powerful and their subjects."
DR. BRIAN O'LEARY
Apollo Astronaut
November 12th, 2008, 7:58 am
Knightrider

Knightrider wrote:I agree and I think we really need to question our own orgins because we may be closely related to these beings. That may be why the secret keepers are holding on to this information so tight.

Proof has finally leaked out as evidenced below.

[youtubeembed]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DawxYjSrtXM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DawxYjSrtXM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtubeembed]
November 12th, 2008, 8:51 am
Nfidel

Nfidel wrote:
Knightrider wrote:I agree and I think we really need to question our own orgins because we may be closely related to these beings. That may be why the secret keepers are holding on to this information so tight.

Proof has finally leaked out as evidenced below.

[youtubeembed]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DawxYjSrtXM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DawxYjSrtXM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtubeembed]

darn..I'll have to wait til I get home to view it the mac at my job wont play the video.

But look at the Roswell case. In the 1990s the government wrote a book called "Case Closed" and it gave all kinds of rediculous explainations for what crashed at Roswell. There are plently of holes in the latest story the governement has put out. But lets quickly go back to the beginning. After witnesses reported the crash in 1947, the army went to the crash sites. After that the Army then put out a press release that it had captured a flying saucer. The story then quickly changed to a weather balloon. What happened that would cause them to change the story and cover it up?

The latest explaination in the government book "Case Closed" is that its was the top secret Project Mogul Balloon which was used the spy on Russia. There was indeed a project Mogul but thats not what crashed in Roswell. First of all, Project Mogul was declassified in the 1970s so why did it take 20 years after it was declassified for the government to say what crashed in Roswell was a Project Mogul ballon? Secondly it has been officially documented that it took several big planes to haul the crash material from Roswell to Ft Worth, TX and then off to Dayton, Ohio. A project Mogul Balloon had alot of radar targets but it would have not taken 4 planes to haul the debris. Thirdly since Project Mogul was an above top secret project, why was it several days after it crashed when the Military found out about it? A rancher reported the crash. If it were a top secret project like Mogul it would have been found shortly after the crash because planes would have spotted the debris from the air. That means no one was looking for anything that crashed.

Military personel handled the debris and and said the metalic material similar to tin foil had unusual properties. You would wad it up and it would then return to its original form like "memory metal".

Alot of witnesses said the saw "humanoid" bodies at the crash site. The funeral director in Roswell said in 1947 dring that time the army called him and asked him if they had four baby sized caskets in stock and then asked if they could be "hermetically sealed". Thats odd because the only reason why you would want somethingg sealed like that is if you were trying to preserve something. So how did the governement explain away the bodied in their 1997 book? They said the army dropped test dummies and people thought they were bodies. There was a problem with that explaination though. The military didnt drop dummies til 1953. When that was brought to the government's attention, the government then conceded that point and said that people were confusing two different events at two different times. What a bunch of bull. Its amazing how unbelievable the government's story is and people are buying into it. Clearly the government is still covering up what happened in Roswell. and ex government and military officials are telling us that the Roswell crash was real and it was a craft from outside our world.
November 12th, 2008, 11:25 am
Knightrider

You folks ever hear of a little concept -- quite useful, in fact -- called "Occam's Razor"? :roll:
November 12th, 2008, 3:44 pm
SouthernFriedInfidel

SouthernFriedInfidel wrote:You folks ever hear of a little concept -- quite useful, in fact -- called "Occam's Razor"? :roll:

Come on SFI.... I know it's tough to be an atheist, and accept unknown possibilities... but seriously, we'd still be calling the world flat if it wasn't for "assumptive" thought processes.

The reason I don't believe in God is because it repetitively doesn't make sense to me. The whole alien astronaut theory does.
November 13th, 2008, 2:55 pm
Liv

I don't believe in the DNA and UFO theory of THE FALLEN ANGELS, but thats just me. In the old testament there are many refrences proving angels did transform themselves into men(where does it say the angels had no organs?) one example was when the two angels went to talk to Lot, they transformed into men, ate in Lot's home ( if they had no organs the angels would not have been able to eat ) All of those who reject the book of Enoch is because of the story of the FALLEN ANGELS and second because, those people take the scripture and make it fit their beliefs, where they should take their beliefs and make them fit the scripture!St. Paul said " If it's not in the bible it's not true " The book of Enoch and the book of Jasher are both mentioned in the bible along with many many refrences that support them. I've read the book of Enoch and I don't see anything wrong with it and I've read part of the book of Jasher and I don't see anything wrong with that book either. The book of Jubilees obtains the same story of THE FALLEN ANGELS, so how can three books be incorrect and false? The second book of Esdras speaks of the creation of dinosaurs(BEHEMOTH AND LEVIATHAN) chapter 6 verse 48-53 and that book was also rejected.Nothing is going to change if we ( who believe in these books) don't stand up and make our voices heard! If I'm speaking for myself then please let me know, because it's a waste of time just commenting in forums amongst ourselves.

PHANTON ANGEL
JUDGES CHAPTER 13 VERSE 3-7: 13- 25
DANIEL CHAPTER 12
1PETER CHAPTER 3 VERSE 19-20
2PETER CHAPTER 2 VERSE 4-5
JOB CHAPTER 4 VERSE 18
THE BOOK OF JUDE
GOD BLESS YOU ALL
March 17th, 2009, 7:41 pm
PHANTOM ANGEL

Liv wrote:Come on SFI.... I know it's tough to be an atheist, and accept unknown possibilities...

Oh dear. 'accept unknown possibilities'? Does that mean anything other than than believe anything you choose to make up?

Liv wrote:but seriously, we'd still be calling the world flat if it wasn't for "assumptive" thought processes. The reason I don't believe in God is because it repetitively doesn't make sense to me. The whole alien astronaut theory does.

Reality isn't always intuitive and doesn't have to make sense - look at quantum theory. But we can use a process of evidence based reasoning called science to understand it. That's how we know the world is not flat - not because we accepted an unknown possibility. If you want to 'believe' in alien astronauts because you rather like the idea and it makes you feel good then by all means do so. It's no sillier than every other religion. Just don't make any decisions based on that, just as you shouldn't handle venomous snakes because you believe God will protect you.
March 17th, 2009, 9:04 pm
A Person

Return to Religion