·  News ·  Travel ·  Food ·  Arts ·  Science ·  Sports ·  Advice ·  Religion ·  Life ·  Greensboro · 

Was the Exact date of Jesus death predicted in Dan.9:24-27

by End Times Prophet | Published on December 23rd, 2006, 11:21 pm | Religion
SouthernFriedInfidel wrote:
End Times Prophet wrote:I have not been able to study this site in detail but I know without a doubt Herod died a couple of weeks after the total lunar eclipse of January 10, 1 BC.

If you know this as a fact, perhaps you'll be able to substantiate it with some references. So far as I've ever heard, the accepted date for Herod's death is 4 BCE. We know that you don't doubt your own reasoning, but honestly, you need to learn that it's never wise to believe everything that pops into your head.
The death of Herod as it relates to all this? After all, many scholars have said that king Herod died in 4 BC or 5 BC? As we go through each possibility for the death of king Herod and with a number of other scholars, proves that Herod died a couple of weeks after the total lunar eclipse of January 10, 1 BC. The date of death of Herod to about January 29, 1 BC plus or minus a couple of days.

Flavius Josephus wrote many details surrounding the death and burial of king Herod in his Jewish Antiquities. He writes that king Herod died shortly after a lunar eclipse. The lunar eclipses for that period of time in Israel were:
7 BC -- no lunar eclipse
6 BC -- no lunar eclipse
5 BC -- total lunar eclipse on March 23, time between eclipse and Passover was 29 days
5 BC -- total lunar eclipse on September 15, time between eclipse and Passover was 7 months
4 BC -- partial lunar eclipse on March 13, time between eclipse and Passover was 29 days
3 BC -- no lunar eclipse
2 BC -- no lunar eclipse
1 BC -- total lunar eclipse on January 10, time between eclipse and Passover was 12.5 weeks.
A number of scholars have shown that given the details by Josephus and other historians of that time, that king Herod had to have died almost 3 weeks after the lunar eclipse. Then there were preparations for a royal burial and a 30-day period for the procession and burial. After that was over, the new king, Archelaus took care of many royal duties before Passover. Given all this, the two springtime lunar eclipses in 5 and 4 BC could not possibly be the lunar eclipse preceding king Herod's death.

A Person wrote:
SouthernFriedInfidel wrote:So you're saying that both Matthew (which gives a date of 4 BC or a little earlier) and Luke (which gives a date of 6 AD) were mistaken in telling when Jesus was born?<<<<CLICK HERE
His teaching is full of error.
1. Luke 2:2 (KJV) (And this taxing was first made when Cyrenius was governor of Syria.)
The verse is only saying that their had been a decree made by Cyrenius in time past.
SO WE READ Luke 2:1 (KJV) And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus, that all the world should be taxed.
So we have Caesar Augustus,bringing that decree into effect in that region at that appointed time.

The time of the decree has nothing to do with the time of Jesus Birth. What does is that The Messiah had to be born in Livlehem . For what ever reason it was declared during this time when all Jews shortly after are required to go up to Jerusalem for the Feast of Tabernacles. Jesus was born on Tishri 1 the 1st. day of Feast of Trumpets Sept.11,3 BC.
I will deal with Mt. soon.
God Bless
December 24th, 2006, 6:24 pm
End Times Prophet

A Person wrote:
SouthernFriedInfidel wrote:So you're saying that both Matthew (which gives a date of 4 BC or a little earlier) and Luke (which gives a date of 6 AD) were mistaken in telling when Jesus was born?<<<<CLICK HERE
Here is another great error
Luke 2:41-43 (KJV) Now his parents went to Jerusalem every year at the feast of the passover.( We have to understand that at this time Jesus was 8 days old they had been faithful up until that time . They fled to Egypt that same month of his birth Sept 3BC.We also have to look at the fact that Herod died “January 29, 1 BC” shortly after they fled to Egypt Sept- 3 BC. which would have only been about 1 yr. So they where only in Egypt for a short time then back to Israel. Then there is a Gap of about 9 years,) [42] And when he was twelve years old, they went up to Jerusalem after the custom of the feast.
God Bless
December 24th, 2006, 7:08 pm
End Times Prophet

End Times Prophet wrote:His teaching is full of error.
1. Luke 2:2 (KJV) (And this taxing was first made when Cyrenius was governor of Syria.)
The verse is only saying that their had been a decree made by Cyrenius in time past.
SO WE READ Luke 2:1 (KJV) And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus, that all the world should be taxed.
So we have Caesar Augustus,bringing that decree into effect in that region at that appointed time.

The time of the decree has nothing to do with the time of Jesus Birth.

Oh, right. That's why Luke wrote about it as the reason why Joseph -- not having married Mary -- went to Livlehem. Why is it that a simple, obvious thing like that should be "wrong"?
December 25th, 2006, 5:27 am
SouthernFriedInfidel

Location: 5th circle of hell -- actually not very crowded at the moment.
End Times Prophet wrote:Here is another great error
Luke 2:41-43 (KJV) Now his parents went to Jerusalem every year at the feast of the passover.( We have to understand that at this time Jesus was 8 days old they had been faithful up until that time . They fled to Egypt that same month of his birth Sept 3BC.

Uh huh. You know, according to Luke, after going to Jerusalem for circumcision, the new family then went to Nazareth (Luk 2:39). Why would they even bother with "fleeing" to Egypt if there was no danger to their child?

Second, I wonder why the writer of Matthew even bothered to write about the massacre of infants (a fact that completely escaped Josephus' notice) and link it to a non-existent prophecy? One theory is that it was put there to keep the pattern of the "dangerous child" story intact.

Moses was a "dangerous child" whose birth led to the massacre of children. So was Krishna. I seem to recall that Horus was as well, but I'd have to look that up. There are many "messiah" myths from that region that follow the exact pattern that the stories of Jesus' birth have. The point here is that the Gospels were written not as history, but as myth. Your obsession with exact dating is totally outside of the realm of reality.
December 25th, 2006, 5:42 am
SouthernFriedInfidel

End Times Prophet wrote:Here is another great error
Luke 2:41-43 (KJV) Now his parents went to Jerusalem every year at the feast of the passover.( We have to understand that at this time Jesus was 8 days old they had been faithful up until that time . They fled to Egypt that same month of his birth Sept 3BC.

Uh huh. You know, according to Luke, after going to Jerusalem for circumcision, the new family then went to Nazareth (Luk 2:39). Why would they even bother with "fleeing" to Egypt if there was no danger to their child?

Second, I wonder why the writer of Matthew even bothered to write about the massacre of infants (a fact that completely escaped Josephus' notice) and link it to a non-existent prophecy? One theory is that it was put there to keep the pattern of the "dangerous child" story intact.

Moses was a "dangerous child" whose birth led to the massacre of children. So was Krishna. I seem to recall that Horus was as well, but I'd have to look that up. There are many "messiah" myths from that region that follow the exact pattern that the stories of Jesus' birth have. The point here is that the Gospels were written not as history, but as myth. Your obsession with exact dating is totally outside of the realm of reality.
Luke goes from the prophecy of Anna at Jesus circumcision then they went to Nazareth then he has a gap of 12 years.
I dont know why Josephus' skipped the massacre of the babies unless he did and the writtings where lost or destroyed for some reason.
God Bless
December 25th, 2006, 9:07 am
End Times Prophet

End Times Prophet wrote:His teaching is full of error.

The time of the decree has nothing to do with the time of Jesus Birth.

Oh, right. That's why Luke wrote about it as the reason why Joseph -- not having married Mary -- went to Livlehem. Why is it that a simple, obvious thing like that should be "wrong"?
I was talking about the decree that was made by Cyrenius had nothing to do with the date of Jesus birth only the one made by Caesar Augustus did.
December 25th, 2006, 9:15 am
End Times Prophet

End Times Prophet wrote:Luke goes from the prophecy of Anna at Jesus circumcision then they went to Nazareth then he has a gap of 12 years.

Excuse me, but you evaded a pretty important question. Why did Luke say that after visiting Jerusalem at the age of 8 days, Jesus' family took him back to Nazareth, while Matthew has the family going to Egypt? If that isn't a contradiction, I don't know what could be!
December 25th, 2006, 9:54 am
SouthernFriedInfidel

End Times Prophet wrote:Luke goes from the prophecy of Anna at Jesus circumcision then they went to Nazareth then he has a gap of 12 years.

Excuse me, but you evaded a pretty important question. Why did Luke say that after visiting Jerusalem at the age of 8 days, Jesus' family took him back to Nazareth, while Matthew has the family going to Egypt? If that isn't a contradiction, I don't know what could be!
It has been brought to my attention that most likely the wise men came several months after the Messiahs birth this is why Herod had the children 2 and under slain because the date of when they seen the star and when the Messiahs was born then this would mean that Jesus was probably about a yr.old or better when then they fled to Egypt. They would have only been their for a few months before Herods death. The Bible is written as a book and one must put all of it together to get the truth.Im glad I was corrected .
God Bless
December 26th, 2006, 12:18 am
End Times Prophet

End Times Prophet wrote:It has been brought to my attention that most likely the wise men came several months after the Messiahs birth

So this is why Herod sent them to Livlehem, is it? "several months" after Jesus was born and taken (according to Luke) back to Nazareth, they were able to find this family still in Livlehem at the same time? Matt2:8-11

this is why Herod had the children 2 and under slain because the date of when they seen the star and when the Messiahs was born then this would mean that Jesus was probably about a yr.old or better when then they fled to Egypt. They would have only been their for a few months before Herods death. The Bible is written as a book and one must put all of it together to get the truth.Im glad I was corrected.

You still don't get it, do you? There is a serious difference in the Gospel stories. Luke indicated no danger to Jesus, and the family went to Nazareth 8 days after Jesus was born. Matthew indicates that the family had to go to Egypt for no apparent reason to escape a massacre IN BETHLEHEM ONLY. Matt 2:16

Look at this map. Do you see the distance between Livlehem and Jerusalem? There was no reason for fleeing to Egypt. Matthew made a mistake, because he thought the the prophecies required Jesus to go to Egypt, when in fact there was never any such prophecy.

You can thank me for correcting you and pointing out that the Gospels as historical documents of Jesus birth are worthless.
December 26th, 2006, 7:51 am
SouthernFriedInfidel

End Times Prophet wrote:It has been brought to my attention that most likely the wise men came several months after the Messiahs birth

So this is why Herod sent them to Livlehem, is it? "several months" after Jesus was born and taken (according to Luke) back to Nazareth, they were able to find this family still in Livlehem at the same time? Matt2:8-11

this is why Herod had the children 2 and under slain because the date of when they seen the star and when the Messiahs was born then this would mean that Jesus was probably about a yr.old or better when then they fled to Egypt. They would have only been their for a few months before Herods death. The Bible is written as a book and one must put all of it together to get the truth.Im glad I was corrected.

You still don't get it, do you? There is a serious difference in the Gospel stories. Luke indicated no danger to Jesus, and the family went to Nazareth 8 days after Jesus was born. Matthew indicates that the family had to go to Egypt for no apparent reason to escape a massacre IN BETHLEHEM ONLY. Matt 2:16

Look at this map. Do you see the distance between Livlehem and Jerusalem? There was no reason for fleeing to Egypt. Matthew made a mistake, because he thought the the prophecies required Jesus to go to Egypt, when in fact there was never any such prophecy.

You can thank me for correcting you and pointing out that the Gospels as historical documents of Jesus birth are worthless.
You are not understanding what I have said I understand you.The problem here is that the wise men didnt come to see Jesus until about a year after his birth not at his birth nor at his circumcising but about i year latter This is why Herod had all the Children slain 2 years and younger not just new born infants .
Matthew 2:16 (KJV)
Then Herod, when he saw that he was mocked of the wise men, was exceeding wroth, and sent forth, and slew all the children that were in Livlehem, and in all the coasts thereof, from two years old and under, according to the time which he had diligently enquired of the wise men.

He killed all in Livlehlehem and all the coast as well.
So we see that They resided in or around Nazarath until they fled at about 1 yr.after his birth to Egypt.
December 26th, 2006, 9:21 pm
End Times Prophet

End Times Prophet wrote:You are not understanding what I have said I understand you.

Yes, you said it, but I tend to doubt it.:?
ETP wrote:The problem here is that the wise men didnt come to see Jesus until about a year after his birth not at his birth nor at his circumcising but about i year latter This is why Herod had all the Children slain 2 years and younger not just new born infants .
Then Herod, when he saw that he was mocked of the wise men, was exceeding wroth, and sent forth, and slew all the children that were in Livlehem, and in all the coasts thereof, from two years old and under, according to the time which he had diligently enquired of the wise men.

You're depending on a faulty translation here, dude. The word "coasts" is a VERY loose translation (by modern usage in English) of the Greek word "horion," where we get the word "horizon." In more moderns translations, all of them use the more accurate word "environs" or "borders." As in "the area around Livlehem." Otherwise, the writer would more accurately have said "all through his kingdom."

Two items here. 1 -- if the "wise men" had arrived up to a year after Jesus' birth, why does it say they went to Livlehem to find this kid to worship him? 2 -- if Herod had (by your theory) ordered every 2-year-old in his entire KINGDOM killed, rather than just in a flyspeck town, don't you think that would have gained the notice of JUST ONE OTHER historian of the day?
December 27th, 2006, 5:37 am
SouthernFriedInfidel

End Times Prophet wrote:You are not understanding what I have said I understand you.

Yes, you said it, but I tend to doubt it.:?
ETP wrote:The problem here is that the wise men didnt come to see Jesus until about a year after his birth not at his birth nor at his circumcising but about i year latter This is why Herod had all the Children slain 2 years and younger not just new born infants .

You're depending on a faulty translation here, dude. The word "coasts" is a VERY loose translation (by modern usage in English) of the Greek word "horion," where we get the word "horizon." In more moderns translations, all of them use the more accurate word "environs" or "borders." As in "the area around Livlehem." Otherwise, the writer would more accurately have said "all through his kingdom."

Two items here. 1 -- if the "wise men" had arrived up to a year after Jesus' birth, why does it say they went to Livlehem to find this kid to worship him? 2 -- if Herod had (by your theory) ordered every 2-year-old in his entire KINGDOM killed, rather than just in a flyspeck town, don't you think that would have gained the notice of JUST ONE OTHER historian of the day?
They actualy went to Jerusalem because they thought that the King should understand the prophecies and that he would know the location of the Jewish Messiah.The star they saw was Hamelech which came in front of Hatzaddiq which was between the feet of the Lion of Judah/Ariel "Leo" and this meant that the sceptre would be given to the righteous King at that time which would be at his birth.This is the prophecy of Gen 49:10.
The Sceptre is the star known as Hamelech in Hebrew which means King. What this is saying is that the seed of the King of Judah will rule Israel until the giver of the Law /Torah comes and at that time the man made
King “Hamelech” and lawgiver will not be recognized as king by God
It would have taken them several months to get everything together and arrive at Jerusalem after the sign of the Messiahs birth.
I dont know how many or exactly where he had them slain but the fact is he did.Just because of silence dont mean it didnt happen.Maby for some reason maby the evidence was destroyed who knows .
December 27th, 2006, 5:24 pm
End Times Prophet

Exact day that Jesus WAS TO BE declared as Messiah and his death predicted over 500 years prior to 32 AD.Daniel 9:24-27. When you read and study Daniel 9 :24-27 you will see that the Messiah was to be crucified after the 62 weeks 62 x 7 = 434 years, and was to follow the7weeks 7 x 7 = 49 years of the complete restoration of Jerusalem 434+ 49= 483 (Daniel 9:25-26). or after 9 Jubilees Jesus was crucified at the end of the 69th week, or 483 years after the commandment. The total amount of 62+7+1 = 490 years which have reference to 10 Jubilees.
When you study the term "Weeks of Years" you will see that it was a common Jewish term. It meant literally seven (7) years. The term comes from God's commandment in Leviticus 25:3-4 to farm a piece of land for only six years, allowing it to lie fallow for the seventh.
So this seven-year period came to be known as a "week of years". Therefore, Seventy Weeks of Years was 490 Hebrew years. Note this prophecy contains three parts: 1. 7 Weeks of Years (49 Hebrew Years) 2. 62 Weeks of Years (434 Hebrew Years) 3. 1 Week of Years (7 Hebrew Years) At the precise point in history when the 7 + 62 Weeks of Years occurred, Israel could expect Messiah to announce Himself as Messiah. What great news! This means that Israel could not miss Messiah. All they had to do was to count and be aware of the prophecy. This study will show us several things: 1. Why the Wise Men knew the time for Messiah was close. 2. Why Israel missed Messiah. 3. How this applies to us today. Let us now consider the meaning of the prophecy. I. The Duration/length of the Prophecy This prophecy stipulated that Messiah would be presented to Israel and would be killed after 69 weeks of years had elapsed from the starting point. When we multiply 69 times 7, we understand that the time involved here equals 483 Jewish years. Since the Jewish calender contains 360 days, we can easily see that God is talking about 173,880 days. Therefore, we can expect that 173,880 days after the prophecy started, the Messiah would present Himself to Israel as Messiah-King. II. The Starting Point of the Prophecy (Daniel 9:25a) In this verse , God said the prophecy would begin "from the going forth (the issuing) of the commandment to restore and rebuild Jerusalem..there was only one decree to rebuild the city and that was in Neh. 2." At the time God gave Daniel this prophecy, Artaxerxes issued such a decree on Passover March 14, 445 B.C. Therefore, precisely 173,880 days from this day should bring us to some significant event in Jesus' life which presented Him to the nation Israel as Messiah. III. The Mathematics Of The Prophecy A. The First Seven Weeks (49 Jewish Years) If you study the book of Nehemiah, you will find the account of the Jewish pilgrimage to rebuild Jerusalem following King Artaxerxes' decree. The prophet Nehemiah assumed charge of this rebuilding effort, which was carried out in such extreme hardship and danger that the builders carried swords with them as they were building the walls. Thus was fulfilled precisely the prophecy in verse 25b,"...it shall be built again with city square and moat, but in troubled times." This effort began in 445 B.C. and culminated in 396 B.C., exactly 49 years, just as foretold. B. The Second Period (62 Weeks of Years, 434 years) Daniel 9:26 foretells that the "anointed One" would come after this period and would then be killed. This wording is understood by most conservative scholars to refer to Jesus Christ, not at His birth, but at His presentation as the Messiah-Prince. (2) "There were only two events in the life of Christ when He was officially set apart. One was His baptism and the other was His triumphal entry into Jerusalem." (3) This latter event has become known as Palm Sunday. When did Palm Sunday occur? "The Messiah (Jesus) came to Jerusalem on Passover in the year A.D. 32, which was April 6." (4) C. The two periods combined (7 + 62 = 69 Weeks of Years, or 483 Jewish years, or 173,880 days).

* When we count from March 14, 445 B.C. to April 6, 32 A.D., we have 477 years, 24 days. However, we must deduct one year because only one year lapses between 1 B.C. and 1 A.D. This gives us 476 years, 24 days or 173,764 days. * Then, we must add 119 days to account for the 119 leap years during these 476 years (476 divided by 4). Now, we have 173,883 days. * However, there is a slight inaccuracy in the Julian calendar when compared to the solar year. The Royal Observatory in London calculates that a Julian year is 1/128th of a day longer than the Jewish solar year.

When we multiply 476 years times 1/128, we get three days. Subtracting three from our figure above, we arrive at the 173,880 days.
Therefore, there are exactly 69 Weeks of Years (173,880 days) between the decree of King Artaxerxes in 445 B.C. to rebuild Jerusalem to Palm Sunday, April 6, 32 A.D.!!
February 14th, 2007, 8:07 am
End Times Prophet

EndTimesProphet wrote:Therefore, there are exactly 69 Weeks of Years (173,880 days) between the decree of King Artaxerxes in 445 B.C. to rebuild Jerusalem to Palm Sunday, April 6, 32 A.D.!! God foretold to the day when Messiah would present Himself to Israel as their Messiah-King.
This is all well and good. But according the the U.S. Naval Observatory, Passover in 32 AD occurred on Monday, April 14. Passover on Wednesday, April 25, 31 AD, should work, if Artaxerxes ascended to the throne a year earlier, in 466 BC.

Sorry.

I admire your scholarship, though.
September 24th, 2007, 12:52 am
gospelmidi

Here you go, end times prophet:

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/howto/w2w/w2welcom.htm

that should help you with your research :D

let us know what you find.
"Those who embrace the deity of Christ rather than the morals of Christ are not religious…they are pseudo-religious and dangerous to our national interests.”
- Thomas Jefferson
September 26th, 2007, 6:10 pm
C. Alice

End Times Prophet wrote:Dan.9:24-27 Tells us that the Messiah was to be crucified after the 62 weeks 62 x 7 = 434 years, and was to follow the7weeks 7 x 7 = 49 years of the complete restoration of Jerusalem (Daniel 9:25-26).Jesus was crucified at the end of the 69th week, or 483 years after the commandment. The term "Weeks of Years" was a common Jewish term. It meant literally seven (7) years. The term comes from God's commandment in Leviticus 25:3-4 to farm a piece of land for only six years, allowing it to lie fallow for the seventh.
This seven-year period came to be known as a "week of years". Therefore, Seventy Weeks of Years was 490 Hebrew years. Note this prophecy contains three parts: 1. 7 Weeks of Years (49 Hebrew Years) 2. 62 Weeks of Years (434 Hebrew Years) 3. 1 Week of Years (7 Hebrew Years) At the precise point in history when the 7 + 62 Weeks of Years occurred, Israel could expect Messiah to announce Himself as Messiah and be cut off. What great news! This means that Israel could not miss Messiah. All they had to do was to count and be aware of the prophecy
. Since the Jewish calender contains 360 days, we can easily see that God is talking about 173,880 days. Therefore, we can expect that 173,880 days after the prophecy started, the Messiah would present Himself to Israel as Messiah-King. The Starting Point of the Prophecy (Daniel 9:25a) In this verse , God said the prophecy would begin "from the going forth (the issuing) of the commandment to restore and rebuild Jerusalem..." non-Jewish history records that the Medo-Persian emperor Artaxerxes issued such a decree on Passover March 14, 445 B.C. Therefore, precisely 173,880 days from this day should bring us to some significant event in Jesus' life which presented Him to the nation Israel as Messiah. "The Messiah (Jesus) came to Jerusalem on Passover in the year A.D. 32, which was April 6." The two periods combined (7 + 62 = 69 Weeks of Years, or 483 Jewish years, or 173,880 days). * When we count from March 14, 445 B.C. to April 6, 32 A.D., we have 477 years, 24 days. However, we must deduct one year because only one year lapses between 1 B.C. and 1 A.D. This gives us 476 years, 24 days or 173,764 days. * Then, we must add 119 days to account for the 119 leap years during these 476 years (476 divided by 4). Now, we have 173,883 days. * However, there is a slight inaccuracy in the Julian calendar when compared to the solar year. The Royal Observatory in London calculates that a Julian year is 1/128th of a day longer than the Jewish solar year.
When we multiply 476 years times 1/128, we get three days. Subtracting three from our figure above, we arrive at the 173,880 days. (5) Therefore, there are exactly 69 Weeks of Years (173,880 days) between the decree of King Artaxerxes in 445 B.C. to rebuild Jerusalem to Palm Sunday, April 6, 32 A.D.!! God foretold to the day when Messiah would present Himself to Israel as their Messiah-King. We see this event recorded in Matthew 21:1-11. So the Messiah was crucified for us just as this prophecy said that he would be. God bless

Your entire premise was well thought out, succinct and entirely undeserving of the scorn and derision heaped upon it in these posts.

There is an unknowable variable you have not been able to factor in to your otherwise excellent, insightful and intellectually prophetable work, until now.

The epoch is the unit of time from which the biblical time references have been variously drawn, divided, diminished and distorted.

An epoch is about 26 years, you'll forgive ÆMe, it's been a while...

All you need do is interpolate this with your data to find the correct answer, easY uh...

Quote for Today:-) Matthew 7:-)16

Always, for the ÆMessiah (ÆMe.), 'By ÆHis words shall you know ÆHim'

NB The arrogance and impudence of politicians has never failed to amaze even ÆMe, they would well to remember The Burning Bush ex OT, although ÆI accept that in this case, Ignorance is the ultimate defence...

Post your re-thought thoughts soonest, certainly < the 1222 days ( and 30 minutes) since our last, albeit uni-directional 'conversation', for what shall it phrophet a man if he phrophecies a phrpophecy that has come, and/or has been seen to have come, to pass? In fact, it is such a phrophet that should it diminish 'til only an iota remained, it will sustain for all of eternity.

It's enough that he and ÆHe alone know it's true veracity.

John 14:-)13

So ask...anything

God be with you???
April 15th, 2010, 3:33 am
easY uh...

easY uh... wrote:Your entire premise was well thought out, succinct and entirely undeserving of the scorn and derision heaped upon it in these posts.

LOL! What a way to introduce yourself... defending poor old ETP. :doh:

Ah well, it's sometimes fun to be reminded of the old, moldy threads that we enjoyed years ago. Not this one in particular, but sometimes.
April 15th, 2010, 6:30 am
SouthernFriedInfidel

easY uh... wrote:for what shall it phrophet a man if he phrophecies a phrpophecy that has come, and/or has been seen to have come, to pass?

Classic.
All stupid ideas pass through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is ridiculed. Third, it is ridiculed
April 15th, 2010, 9:07 am
A Person

A Person wrote:
easY uh... wrote:for what shall it phrophet a man if he phrophecies a phrpophecy that has come, and/or has been seen to have come, to pass?

Classic.
Not classic but classical! Classical Greek that is, technically koine if you want to be pedantic, and ÆI am sure you do.

Only studied your new age idioms for 36 days so please forgive as you're forgiven...
April 15th, 2010, 4:15 pm
easY uh...

easY uh... wrote:Your entire premise was well thought out, succinct and entirely undeserving of the scorn and derision heaped upon it in these posts.

LOL! What a way to introduce yourself... defending poor old ETP. :doh:

Ah well, it's sometimes fun to be reminded of the old, moldy threads that we enjoyed years ago. Not this one in particular, but sometimes.

Defence not necessary of sound well thought out work of this caliber.

Only encouragement and pertinent information required, plus, of course, ETPs faith in it's inherent putative veracity.
April 15th, 2010, 4:27 pm
easY uh...

easY uh... wrote:
A Person wrote:

Classic.
Not classic but classical! Classical Greek that is, technically koine if you want to be pedantic, and ÆI am sure you do.

Only studied your new age idioms for 36 days so please forgive as you're forgiven...

If I wanted to be pedantic, I could point out that Koine is post-Classical Greek. And that phrpophecy is neither classical Greek, post-classical Greek or English, New Age or otherwise. And that prophet and profit have completely different meanings
April 15th, 2010, 5:20 pm
A Person

A person wrote:If I wanted to be pedantic, I could point out that Koine is post-Classical Greek. And that phrpophecy is neither classical Greek, post-classical Greek or English, New Age or otherwise. And that prophet and profit have completely different meanings

But of course you want to be desperately pedantic, as it eases your otherwise innate sense of inferiority.

As my knowledge of koine is both intimate and infinite, ÆI will enlighten you.

koine developed late in the Classical Greek period. The capitalisation occurred with developments in the post Classical Greek period.

Different name, different animal, shame the arrogant can never see.

ÆI am playing with phrpophecy with ETP in a way that surpasses your ability to comprehend.

In your case, ignorance is bliss.
April 15th, 2010, 6:30 pm
easY uh...

I smell

sockpuppet.jpg
sockpuppet.jpg (3.07 KiB) Viewed 21 times

BTW Ya gotta love all the references to Livlehem :lol:

slew all the children that were in Livlehem
April 15th, 2010, 7:29 pm
A Person

A Person wrote:I smell

sockpuppet.jpg

BTW Ya gotta love all the references to Livlehem :lol:

slew all the children that were in Livlehem

ÆI am that ÆI am that which you fear most. Repent and sin no more.

Now ÆI am off to sleep the sleep of the ÆJust.

Another Glorious day tomorrow, 250 million various Christians to motivate and inspire.

You will note that ÆI forgave you in a previous post, it is now for you to forgive yourself.

In your last post you gave ETP a greater compliment than you can possibly imagine.

It's a start, there may be hope for u yet.

Nite Nite 8) :D
April 15th, 2010, 8:34 pm
easY uh...

Return to Religion