·  News ·  Travel ·  Food ·  Arts ·  Science ·  Sports ·  Advice ·  Religion ·  Life ·  Greensboro · 

Was the Exact date of Jesus death predicted in Dan.9:24-27

by End Times Prophet | Published on December 9th, 2006, 9:13 pm | Religion
Dan.9:24-27 Tells us that the Messiah was to be crucified after the 62 weeks 62 x 7 = 434 years, and was to follow the7weeks 7 x 7 = 49 years of the complete restoration of Jerusalem (Daniel 9:25-26).Jesus was crucified at the end of the 69th week, or 483 years after the commandment. The term "Weeks of Years" was a common Jewish term. It meant literally seven (7) years. The term comes from God's commandment in Leviticus 25:3-4 to farm a piece of land for only six years, allowing it to lie fallow for the seventh.
This seven-year period came to be known as a "week of years". Therefore, Seventy Weeks of Years was 490 Hebrew years. Note this prophecy contains three parts: 1. 7 Weeks of Years (49 Hebrew Years) 2. 62 Weeks of Years (434 Hebrew Years) 3. 1 Week of Years (7 Hebrew Years) At the precise point in history when the 7 + 62 Weeks of Years occurred, Israel could expect Messiah to announce Himself as Messiah and be cut off. What great news! This means that Israel could not miss Messiah. All they had to do was to count and be aware of the prophecy
. Since the Jewish calender contains 360 days, we can easily see that God is talking about 173,880 days. Therefore, we can expect that 173,880 days after the prophecy started, the Messiah would present Himself to Israel as Messiah-King. The Starting Point of the Prophecy (Daniel 9:25a) In this verse , God said the prophecy would begin "from the going forth (the issuing) of the commandment to restore and rebuild Jerusalem..." non-Jewish history records that the Medo-Persian emperor Artaxerxes issued such a decree on Passover March 14, 445 B.C. Therefore, precisely 173,880 days from this day should bring us to some significant event in Jesus' life which presented Him to the nation Israel as Messiah. "The Messiah (Jesus) came to Jerusalem on Passover in the year A.D. 32, which was April 6." The two periods combined (7 + 62 = 69 Weeks of Years, or 483 Jewish years, or 173,880 days). * When we count from March 14, 445 B.C. to April 6, 32 A.D., we have 477 years, 24 days. However, we must deduct one year because only one year lapses between 1 B.C. and 1 A.D. This gives us 476 years, 24 days or 173,764 days. * Then, we must add 119 days to account for the 119 leap years during these 476 years (476 divided by 4). Now, we have 173,883 days. * However, there is a slight inaccuracy in the Julian calendar when compared to the solar year. The Royal Observatory in London calculates that a Julian year is 1/128th of a day longer than the Jewish solar year.
When we multiply 476 years times 1/128, we get three days. Subtracting three from our figure above, we arrive at the 173,880 days. (5) Therefore, there are exactly 69 Weeks of Years (173,880 days) between the decree of King Artaxerxes in 445 B.C. to rebuild Jerusalem to Palm Sunday, April 6, 32 A.D.!! God foretold to the day when Messiah would present Himself to Israel as their Messiah-King. We see this event recorded in Matthew 21:1-11. So the Messiah was crucified for us just as this prophecy said that he would be. God bless

[/quote]come on guys comment on this
God Bless
December 20th, 2006, 11:19 am
End Times Prophet

Comment 1: There is no need to re-quote the entire message. It was long wnough in the first place.

Secondly I believe the Hebrew calendar does not have a leap day every four years, but instead has an extra month 'Adar Alef' which occurrs in a seven of nineteen year cycle.

Thirdly it is not known and cannot be determined from the bible the precise year or day when Jesus was crucified. You could use the prophecy to determine that, but then you cannot use that to 'prove' the prophecy.
December 20th, 2006, 1:04 pm
A Person

A Person wrote:Comment 1: There is no need to re-quote the entire message. It was long wnough in the first place.

Secondly I believe the Hebrew calendar does not have a leap day every four years, but instead has an extra month 'Adar Alef' which occurrs in a seven of nineteen year cycle.

Thirdly it is not known and cannot be determined from the bible the precise year or day when Jesus was crucified. You could use the prophecy to determine that, but then you cannot use that to 'prove' the prophecy.
Your speaking of the man made calander not the biblical one according to the word of God.
God Bless
December 20th, 2006, 4:10 pm
End Times Prophet

End Times Prophet wrote:come on guys comment on this
God Bless

There's nothing there to comment on. As "A Person" said, you have nothing real to deal with. :?
December 20th, 2006, 4:10 pm
SouthernFriedInfidel

Location: 5th circle of hell -- actually not very crowded at the moment.
SouthernFriedInfidel wrote:
God Bless

There's nothing there to comment on. As "A Person" said, you have nothing real to deal with. :?
This gives the exact date of the Messiahs death predicted centuries in advance and thats nothing at least prove it wrong.
God bless
December 20th, 2006, 4:14 pm
End Times Prophet

End Times Prophet wrote:
God Bless

This gives the exact date of the Messiahs death predicted centuries in advance and thats nothing at least prove it wrong.
God bless

Too bad there's no records from that era to confirm this. Name...Christ, Jesus. Cause of Death Crucifiction. Date.....
Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you "choose" to respond to it.

SouthernFriedInfidel wrote: If you believe things that are contradicted by the evidence, then you are on a path built on falsehoods.
December 20th, 2006, 5:01 pm
RebelSnake

RebelSnake wrote:
End Times Prophet wrote:
God Bless

God bless

Too bad there's no records from that era to confirm this. Name...Christ, Jesus. Cause of Death Crucifiction. Date.....
So your bowing out with that statement.I understand This is too tough to debate
God Bless
December 20th, 2006, 5:14 pm
End Times Prophet

End Times Prophet wrote:This gives the exact date of the Messiahs death predicted centuries in advance and thats nothing at least prove it wrong.

You have made and assertion that cannot be substantiated. You are the one with the burden of proof. The fact that your claim can't be proven false does not mean that it is therefore true. Your claim is nonsensical.

Pat yourself on the back if that helps you feel better, but you make as much sense as a babbling brook. Congratulations.
December 20th, 2006, 5:46 pm
SouthernFriedInfidel

End Times Prophet wrote:This gives the exact date of the Messiahs death predicted centuries in advance and thats nothing at least prove it wrong.

The centuries old prediction gives a date for the crucifixion. If your calculations are correct and you have correctly allowed for the calendar and leap years then your date might be correct.

That's a big if. And calendars and leap years are important. According to the Anglican Church, Good Friday was on the 11 April in the year 32 (Julian Calendar) or 16 April 32 (Gregorian Calendar). April 6 32, was either a Sunday or a Tuesday

End Times Prophet wrote:I understand This is too tough to debate

Tough indeed. Since there is no date for Jesus' death there is nothing to debate. Was the predicion correct? Maybe, maybe not.

But you're right, nothing proves it wrong.
December 20th, 2006, 6:02 pm
A Person

A Person wrote:Comment 1: There is no need to re-quote the entire message. It was long wnough in the first place.

What we can do is we can find the exact date of the messiahs Birth go 33 1/2 years and we will be very close
December 20th, 2006, 7:57 pm
End Times Prophet

You have made and assertion that cannot be substantiated. You are the one with the burden of proof. The fact that your claim can't be proven false does not mean that it is therefore true. Your claim is nonsensical.

Pat yourself on the back if that helps you feel better, but you make as much sense as a babbling brook. Congratulations.
You have some truth in what you say.It is up to me to prove it.But one must look at the evidence when presented.
PS. you guys arent as hard as some christians.
God Bless
December 20th, 2006, 8:01 pm
End Times Prophet

Why does it matter when we celebrate the birth of
Jesus? It doesn't. It only matters why...
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second,it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.
December 20th, 2006, 9:19 pm
BecauseHeLives

End Times Prophet wrote:What we can do is we can find the exact date of the messiahs Birth go 33 1/2 years and we will be very close

That would work if we knew the exact date of his birth and exactly how old he was when he was crucified. But we don't.

Even the 33 1/2 years is a rough guess from Luke 3:23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age add three passovers to 'about thirty' = a lot of uncertainty.

So it's not known when he was born, when he died or how old he was at death.
December 20th, 2006, 10:32 pm
A Person

A Person wrote:
End Times Prophet wrote:What we can do is we can find the exact date of the messiahs Birth go 33 1/2 years and we will be very close

That would work if we knew the exact date of his birth and exactly how old he was when he was crucified. But we don't.

Even the 33 1/2 years is a rough guess from Luke 3:23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age add three passovers to 'about thirty' = a lot of uncertainty.

So it's not known when he was born, when he died or how old he was at death.
I can prove the exact day of his birth but one will have to go to my web because they are things I cannot download here such as the arangement of the stars at his birth. He was born on Sept. 11 3 BC. OR Tishri 1 Feast of Trumpets.
God Bless
December 21st, 2006, 6:14 am
End Times Prophet

End Times Prophet wrote:I can prove the exact day of his birth but one will have to go to my web because they are things I cannot download here such as the arangement of the stars at his birth. He was born on Sept. 11 3 BC. OR Tishri 1 Feast of Trumpets.

So you're saying that both Matthew (which gives a date of 4 BC or a little earlier) and Luke (which gives a date of 6 AD) were mistaken in telling when Jesus was born? I have to say... I find that hard to figure. If the only Gospels that tell about Jesus' birth got their facts wrong at the start, why should we accept the rest of their stories? :wink:
December 21st, 2006, 7:42 am
SouthernFriedInfidel

End Times Prophet wrote:I can prove the exact day of his birth but one will have to go to my web because they are things I cannot download here such as the arangement of the stars at his birth. He was born on Sept. 11 3 BC. OR Tishri 1 Feast of Trumpets.

So you're saying that both Matthew (which gives a date of 4 BC or a little earlier) and Luke (which gives a date of 6 AD) were mistaken in telling when Jesus was born? I have to say... I find that hard to figure. If the only Gospels that tell about Jesus' birth got their facts wrong at the start, why should we accept the rest of their stories? :wink:
Neither give an exact date and neither contradict eachother.
The answer is found through 3 differnt resources.
1. According to Luke 1:5 Zacharias was a priest of the divison of “ABIJAH” it tells us in Luke 1:8 that Gabriel came to him while he was serving “as Priest” in the Temple. We know from the Talmud and also other sources that the division of the Abijah served as priests during the second half of the fourth Jewish calander month. This would have been in June. Fifteen months later would put the birth of the Messiah during the Fall Feast of Trumpets “Rosh Hashana” “
2.We can find the exact day with the bible code located in Luke 1
3. We can also find the exact date of his birth in the stars.
All three confirm each other
God Bless
December 21st, 2006, 1:15 pm
End Times Prophet

End Times Prophet wrote:

Neither give an exact date and neither contradict eachother.
The answer is found through 3 differnt resources.
1. According to Luke 1:5 Zacharias was a priest of the divison of “ABIJAH” it tells us in Luke 1:8 that Gabriel came to him while he was serving “as Priest” in the Temple. We know from the Talmud and also other sources that the division of the Abijah served as priests during the second half of the fourth Jewish calander month. This would have been in June. Fifteen months later would put the birth of the Messiah during the Fall Feast of Trumpets “Rosh Hashana” “
2.We can find the exact day with the bible code located in Luke 1 Tishri 1 3BC Feast of trumpets
3. We can also find the exact date of his birth in the stars. Tishri 1 3 BC Feast of Trumpets.
All three confirm each other
We can also see that John Baptized Jesus on his 30th. Birthday during Feast of Trumpets.
We can also see that the sun of righteousness came just before the fourth Mill. was up.
God Bless
December 21st, 2006, 1:20 pm
End Times Prophet

End Times Prophet wrote:Neither give an exact date and neither contradict each other.

Wrong on both counts. Read the article on how the years from both Gospel accounts are found. They are at least 10 years apart. :roll:
December 21st, 2006, 1:25 pm
SouthernFriedInfidel

End Times Prophet wrote:Neither give an exact date and neither contradict each other.

Wrong on both counts. Read the article on how the years from both Gospel accounts are found. They are at least 10 years apart. :roll:
What article?
Also as I have said the exact date is Tishri 1 no matter what any article says that will not change.
God Bless
December 21st, 2006, 1:55 pm
End Times Prophet

End Times Prophet wrote:

What article?

:roll: Look at the post I made at 2:15 this afternoon. See how the words "was born" are a different color from the rest of the text? That's a link to an article. Read it. The problem is explained in detail under the heading "the problem." :shock:
December 21st, 2006, 2:10 pm
SouthernFriedInfidel

End Times Prophet wrote:

What article?

:roll: Look at the post I made at 2:15 this afternoon. See how the words "was born" are a different color from the rest of the text? That's a link to an article. Read it. The problem is explained in detail under the heading "the problem." :shock:
I went to your page and couldnt find the post you have spoken of please help in this matter.
God Bless
December 21st, 2006, 11:24 pm
End Times Prophet

SouthernFriedInfidel wrote:So you're saying that both Matthew (which gives a date of 4 BC or a little earlier) and Luke (which gives a date of 6 AD) were mistaken in telling when Jesus was born?<<<<CLICK HERE
December 22nd, 2006, 12:02 am
A Person

A Person wrote:
SouthernFriedInfidel wrote:So you're saying that both Matthew (which gives a date of 4 BC or a little earlier) and Luke (which gives a date of 6 AD) were mistaken in telling when Jesus was born?<<<<CLICK HERE
I have not been able to study this site in detail but I know without a doubt Herod died a couple of weeks after the total lunar eclipse of January 10, 1 BC. The Bible has never been wrong and will never be wrong .I will as well have to study the Hebrew Mt. which preceds the Greek one which came from the Aramaic one.As of right now I can see no fact in the teaching and no proof either.
Hebrew-Aramaic then Greek text.on Mt.
December 23rd, 2006, 1:44 am
End Times Prophet

End Times Prophet wrote:I have not been able to study this site in detail but I know without a doubt Herod died a couple of weeks after the total lunar eclipse of January 10, 1 BC.

If you know this as a fact, perhaps you'll be able to substantiate it with some references. So far as I've ever heard, the accepted date for Herod's death is 4 BCE. We know that you don't doubt your own reasoning, but honestly, you need to learn that it's never wise to believe everything that pops into your head.
December 23rd, 2006, 7:39 am
SouthernFriedInfidel

Return to Religion