·  News ·  Travel ·  Food ·  Arts ·  Science ·  Sports ·  Advice ·  Religion ·  Life ·  Greensboro · 

Pastor orders his church to shun Facebook while swinging

by SouthernFriedInfidel | Published on November 22nd, 2010, 3:56 am | Religion
Perhaps it really isn't "news" much any more to hear that religious leaders who are the most ardent of morality police so often turn out to be the most flamboyant of hypocrites. We see this with anti-gay preachers all the time. Now we see an example of a pastor who told the officials at his church to delete their Facebook accounts or be fired (because it's a "portal to infidelity) was in a 4-way sex relationship himself.

Though to be fair, it seems that HIS sexual deviation from Christian norms wasn't related to Facebok use. Still, the lesson that should be learned is that if a religious leader goes on the warpath over some moral issue, alarm bells should start to ring. The very thing that he has singled out for special condemnation often turns out to be the thing he engages in personally.

SouthernFriedInfidel wrote:Still, the lesson that should be learned is that if a religious leader goes on the warpath over some moral issue, alarm bells should start to ring. The very thing that he has singled out for special condemnation often turns out to be the thing he engages in personally.

Good observation. It could probably be applied to most people.
November 22nd, 2010, 8:53 am
Jamy

Jamy wrote:
SouthernFriedInfidel wrote:Still, the lesson that should be learned is that if a religious leader goes on the warpath over some moral issue, alarm bells should start to ring. The very thing that he has singled out for special condemnation often turns out to be the thing he engages in personally.

Good observation. It could probably be applied to most people.

Agreed. Senators are pretty bad for this as well. :lol:
November 22nd, 2010, 10:39 am
SouthernFriedInfidel

Location: 5th circle of hell -- actually not very crowded at the moment.
I never use Facebook while swinging. It puts me off my stroke.
All stupid ideas pass through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is ridiculed. Third, it is ridiculed
November 22nd, 2010, 11:13 am
A Person

Wonder if he was suffering from "friend" envy....
This is our chance to change things, this is our destiny.
November 22nd, 2010, 12:32 pm
Liv
I show you something fantastic and you find fault.

Liv wrote:Wonder if he was suffering from "friend" envy....

Haha! :lol:
November 23rd, 2010, 8:40 am
Jamy

Return to Religion