·  News ·  Travel ·  Food ·  Arts ·  Science ·  Sports ·  Advice ·  Religion ·  Life ·  Greensboro · 

Quran is Christian propraganda?

by Liv | Published on August 11th, 2010, 9:18 am | Religion
A German scholar of ancient languages takes a new look at the sacred book of Islam. He maintains that it was created by Syro-Aramaic speaking Christians, in order to evangelize the Arabs. cite

Christianity and Islam one in the same? Bring home the troops, the war is over.

But that Syro-Aramaic was also the root of the Koran, and of the Koran of a primitive Christian system, is a more specialized notion, an almost clandestine one. And it´s more than a little dangerous. The author of the most important book on the subject - a German professor of ancient Semitic and Arabic languages - preferred, out of prudence, to write under the pseudonym of Christoph Luxenberg. A few years ago, one of his colleagues at the University of Nablus in Palestine, Suliman Bashear, was thrown out of the window by his scandalized Muslim students.

Maybe not.

Liv wrote:Christianity and Islam one in the same? Bring home the troops, the war is over.

You think that one Christian sect won't fight another Christian sect?

Do the words "Northern Ireland" mean anything?
All stupid ideas pass through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is ridiculed. Third, it is ridiculed
August 11th, 2010, 9:23 am
A Person

A Person wrote:Do the words "Northern Ireland" mean anything?

Isn't that the point? We use religion as a scapegoat when it is all the same? People are the same, and the underlying result of this discovery, is we as humans often choose to hurt other humans just because of manufactured beliefs and differences?

I'm not sure we can stop it, but I believe the answer begins with realizing we all are the same.
August 11th, 2010, 9:30 am
Liv
I show you something fantastic and you find fault.

Liv wrote:
A Person wrote:Do the words "Northern Ireland" mean anything?

Isn't that the point? We use religion as a scapegoat when it is all the same? People are the same, and the underlying result of this discovery, is we as humans often choose to hurt other humans just because of manufactured beliefs and differences?

I'm not sure we can stop it, but I believe the answer begins with realizing we all are the same.

There is but one God and the only path to God is through His son Christ Jesus. Any religeon that preaches anything else is false and destructive.
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second,it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.
August 11th, 2010, 11:06 am
BecauseHeLives

That sounds familiar

There is no God but Allah and Muhammad is His Prophet. All who teach otherwise are infidels who preach destruction

Cue the Crusades
August 11th, 2010, 11:24 am
A Person

It's the Babylonian Empire still carrying on to this day. First it was Babylon, then Assyria, then the Greeks, then the Romans. All throughout history, each assimilated the next as a means of carrying on when they saw their empire weakening. Then, during the decline of Rome, they saw little cults sprouting up everywhere led by various desert preachers and chose the most popular of these. They then assimilated them into their own Cult of Sol Invictus, the cult of the unconquerable sun and his son Mithras. It became the Catholic church, which took on the imagery of all the Roman gods guised as saints. Years down the line, they wanted to go take over Jerusalem, but just like today (we needed an enemy or we couldn't go claim the oil-rich Middle East), they created Muhammad. The Catholic generals sent a lone desert preacher into the main temple to cast out all the graven images of the Ottoman gods and leave but one, the moon god Allah. What he wound up doing was of twofold benefits to the Catholics: he wound up forming a common enemy that the christians of the world could rally against while at the same time bringing a form of Christianity to the Middle East and assimilating them all.

So this news is nothing new.
August 11th, 2010, 11:54 am
ExPastor_NowAtheist

ExPastor_NowAtheist wrote:It's the Babylonian Empire still carrying on to this day. First it was Babylon, then Assyria, then the Greeks, then the Romans. All throughout history, each assimilated the next as a means of carrying on when they saw their empire weakening. Then, during the decline of Rome, they saw little cults sprouting up everywhere led by various desert preachers and chose the most popular of these. They then assimilated them into their own Cult of Sol Invictus, the cult of the unconquerable sun and his son Mithras. It became the Catholic church, which took on the imagery of all the Roman gods guised as saints. Years down the line, they wanted to go take over Jerusalem, but just like today (we needed an enemy or we couldn't go claim the oil-rich Middle East), they created Muhammad. The Catholic generals sent a lone desert preacher into the main temple to cast out all the graven images of the Ottoman gods and leave but one, the moon god Allah. What he wound up doing was of twofold benefits to the Catholics: he wound up forming a common enemy that the christians of the world could rally against while at the same time bringing a form of Christianity to the Middle East and assimilating them all.

Let me guess. You're a fiction writer?
August 11th, 2010, 12:58 pm
BecauseHeLives

Liv wrote:
A German scholar of ancient languages takes a new look at the sacred book of Islam. He maintains that it was created by Syro-Aramaic speaking Christians, in order to evangelize the Arabs. cite

Christianity and Islam one in the same? Bring home the troops, the war is over.

I do recall reading the Qur'an, at least up to the point where is says the Jesus is the Messiah. After that, my memory gets a bit fuzzy...
August 11th, 2010, 1:39 pm
SouthernFriedInfidel

Location: 5th circle of hell -- actually not very crowded at the moment.
BecauseHeLives wrote:
ExPastor_NowAtheist wrote:It's the Babylonian Empire still carrying on to this day. First it was Babylon, then Assyria, then the Greeks, then the Romans. All throughout history, each assimilated the next as a means of carrying on when they saw their empire weakening. Then, during the decline of Rome, they saw little cults sprouting up everywhere led by various desert preachers and chose the most popular of these. They then assimilated them into their own Cult of Sol Invictus, the cult of the unconquerable sun and his son Mithras. It became the Catholic church, which took on the imagery of all the Roman gods guised as saints. Years down the line, they wanted to go take over Jerusalem, but just like today (we needed an enemy or we couldn't go claim the oil-rich Middle East), they created Muhammad. The Catholic generals sent a lone desert preacher into the main temple to cast out all the graven images of the Ottoman gods and leave but one, the moon god Allah. What he wound up doing was of twofold benefits to the Catholics: he wound up forming a common enemy that the christians of the world could rally against while at the same time bringing a form of Christianity to the Middle East and assimilating them all.

Let me guess. You're a fiction writer?

Let me guess: You believe god created the world in 6 literal days even though we can see the light of stars that are billions of light years away. You believe Moses led the Jews out of slavery in Egypt and through the wilderness for 40 years even though no archaeological evidence has ever turned up the slightest bit of proof. You believe either that dinosaur bones were put there by god to test our faith or that they walked alongside man. You believe that the accepted evolutionist idea is that man evolved from monkeys and scientists only have about ten fragments of bone to prove it. You believe that a god who commanded the isrealites to kill everyone but the virgins of a town, then rape them, and kill them if they didnt want to be raped, is a good, fair, and loving god. You discount completely the fact that Renaissance era paintings of the saints show them in poses exactly like their roman god counterparts, like Peter with his crooked staff and two fingers held up in the air like Zeus. You believe there are no contradictions in the Bible even though there are demonstrably thousands. You believe Constantine really had a vision given by God that showed him to conquer in the name of the cross. You believe that the Crusades and the Salem witch trials were the work of good, godly men. You believe America was founded on Christian principles even though all the founding fathers hated religion and George Washington wrote the Treaty of Tripoli which states "As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion...". I bet if you were a Muslim you would completely forget about the chapter of the Quran that purports itself to be written by Satan, and the verses that talk about his three daughters, the star goddesses al-Lat, al-Uzza, and Manat.

Sounds like fiction to me. Not believing something (I'm sorry, having been brainwashed not to believe something no matter how much incontrivertible evidence there is to the contrary) does NOT make it so.
August 11th, 2010, 2:18 pm
ExPastor_NowAtheist

bullseye.jpg
August 11th, 2010, 4:03 pm
A Person

Return to Religion