·  News ·  Travel ·  Food ·  Arts ·  Science ·  Sports ·  Advice ·  Religion ·  Life ·  Greensboro · 

Transhumanism - Reversible Destiny

by royaldiadem | Published on March 25th, 2009, 9:59 am | Religion
As follows an example of the reasonable extension of the atheistic materiaistic evolutionary escape from the reign of the Sovereign God: Jesus Christ.

Transhumanism_Ginscover.jpg
Transhumanism_Ginscover.jpg (13.73 KiB) Viewed 1683 times

"What if from infancy on, actions could be made to bear more directly and regularly on organism-assembly? Having the means to approach and contribute to ongoing organism-assembly would certainly greatly advantage human beings in their continual struggle to remain viable."

"To be able to revisit and re-connect at will with organism-assembly would, in effect, be to have it within one’s power to go on indefinitely. The Arakawa + Gins team has spent four decades studying how architecture might best be used to sustain life."

http://www.reversibledestiny.org/thegist.php

That has to win an award for being one of the most cognitively opaque sites I have ever visited.

But atheists and religious alike use technology in a 'transhuman' approach. It's just that we don't normally label them as such. e.g. pace-makers, mechanical heart valves, artificial joints, intraocular lenses, gene therapy etc.

The religious usually draw an arbitrary line a bit sooner than others. Jehovah's Witnesses refuse transplants for example and they and other Christians object to pace-makers and other incorporated mechanical devices.

I draw the line somewhere between correcting and treating body failures and surgical cosmetic enhancement. Although if a genuine anti-aging technology were to become available I can't see how I could refuse it.
All stupid ideas pass through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is ridiculed. Third, it is ridiculed
March 25th, 2009, 11:05 am
A Person

A Person wrote:The religious usually draw an arbitrary line a bit sooner than others. I draw the line somewhere ,..

Arbitrary

trans.jpg

A Person wrote:between correcting and treating body failures and surgical cosmetic enhancement. Although if a genuine anti-aging technology were to become available I can't see how I could refuse it.

therefore if A, then B (A= anti-aging technology B= I can't see how I could refuse it)
this atheist always chooses technology , Therefore original premise is verified.

thanks.
March 26th, 2009, 9:55 am
royaldiadem

Snarky. If you discovered the Tree of Life or the Fountain of Youth would you turn it down? If so why?

royaldiadem wrote:this atheist always chooses technology

I didn't say that. I know technology can postpone death, the quality of life is important. In an end of life situation where I could only see prolonging pain and suffering then I have made it clear that I would not want to be kept alive. If when my father was dying a technology was available that could regenerate his nerves and undo the damage caused by polio - or even electronically bypassed his nerves and stimulated the muscles directly, then neither I nor he would have refused it. But the technology of a ventilator did not provide an acceptable quality of life so he refused it and I would do the same in the circumstances.

But please - let's hear your views (and please not those of a bronze age tribal mythology)

Technology in the form of sanitation, clean water, safe food, energy and modern medical care has prolonged our live expectancy from the 40-50 evolution or if ou prefer the Almighty Creator saw fit. The Bible talks of a maximum of threescore years and ten which could be attained if you survived childhood, disease and accidents. We now expect to live decades longer. If I was persuaded that taking an extract of jungle juice or gene therapy could extend that - while maintaining my health and fitness - I can see nothing wrong with doing that - do you?

If your child had a genetic disorder such dwarfism and you could cure it with gene therapy by inserting a modified growth-hormone gene into them, would you refuse?

If we are going to only talk about technology, would you turn down a pace maker or artificial heart valve because it interferes with God's perfect design and prolongs your life?
March 26th, 2009, 10:38 am
A Person

A Person wrote:Snarky. If you discovered the Tree of Life or the Fountain of Youth would you turn it down? If so why?

I wonder sometimes. It doesn't sound like RD is condemning the technology. That would require him to eschew it. He seems to be condemning an atheist's reason for wanting to live a long life. Which I would think is none of his f-ing business.
March 26th, 2009, 10:43 am
SouthernFriedInfidel

Location: 5th circle of hell -- actually not very crowded at the moment.
SouthernFriedInfidel wrote:He seems to be condemning an atheist's reason for wanting to live a long life. Which I would think is none of his f-ing business.

It's pretty obvious. If you think this life is all there is then why would you not want to enjoy it for as long as possible? It's why the religious would use technology to put off going to heaven that I have yet to hear a sensible explanation for.

That's rather like spitting in God's eye: "Come in Royal Diadem, your time is up" "Fuc% you God, I'm on a ventilator and I'm staying"
March 26th, 2009, 11:04 am
A Person

SouthernFriedInfidel wrote:
A Person wrote:Snarky. If you discovered the Tree of Life or the Fountain of Youth would you turn it down? If so why?

I wonder sometimes. It doesn't sound like RD is condemning the technology. That would require him to eschew it. He seems to be condemning an atheist's reason for wanting to live a long life. Which I would think is none of his f-ing business.

Me thinks RD hit a sensitive chord. Or somebody got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second,it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.
March 26th, 2009, 6:43 pm
BecauseHeLives

Return to Religion