Originals WTF? La Culture Geekery WWJD? The South Blog

Sandy Hook shooting conspiracy theories

What The Funk?

Postby SouthernFriedInfidel » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:34 pm

Yeah, that's right. There are a group of nuts out there that are "whispering" on the internet that the massacre of 20 first-graders was staged by the government. And these "truth seekers" are doing their best to "expose" people who they think aided the government by providing "crisis acting" services.

I know that over the years, conspiracy theory people have come to dream up their ideas by reflex, any time a big news story shows up on TV. But for them to harass the people of Newtown, after all they just went through with such cruel taunts as "how much did the government pay you to act sad?" -- seriously, that's pathetic.

:evil:
SouthernFriedInfidel

Location: 5th circle of hell -- actually not very crowded at the moment.

Postby A Person » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

The doubting professor wants to see pictures of bullet ridden children before he'll be satisfied. Quite why anyone should care whether he is convinced isn't answered.

Just like birthers, who feel the president has to convince them personally by producing evidence that they cannot possibly discount. Although quite what that could be is never stated.
A Person

Postby SouthernFriedInfidel » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:34 pm

I saw an opinion piece about how some parent of a Sandy Hook victim should request that such photos SHOULD be released to the public, just as Emmit Till's mother did back in the 50's.

Actually, I think that might be a good thing for the country in the long run.
SouthernFriedInfidel

Postby Liv » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:51 am

I just can't believe anyone would suggest something like that with children.
Liv
Imagine What I Believe

Postby SouthernFriedInfidel » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:50 pm

Imagine the situation Emmet Till's mother was in. Considering the outcome, would you have argued against what she did? America needs a serious shock to finally decide that the status quo isn't tolerable any more. Obviously, just reading about 20 kids being cornered and pumped full of lead hasn't been enough... it's not REAL enough. Perhaps showing color photos of the actual carnage would change things for the better. I'd think it was worth a try.
SouthernFriedInfidel

Postby A Person » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:33 pm

It must be extraordinarily difficult as a parent to see those pictures of your child and to see them splashed over the news would be worse by an order of magnitude. it would take a courageous and determined parent to do it.
A Person

Postby SouthernFriedInfidel » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:11 am

A Person wrote:It must be extraordinarily difficult as a parent to see those pictures of your child and to see them splashed over the news would be worse by an order of magnitude. it would take a courageous and determined parent to do it.

Absolutely. I expect the same was true of Till's mother. Until she and a few others came along, blacks all across the country were expected to keep silent and accept all abuse handed out by the "supreme white folks."

Now, the families of children killed by gun violence are expected to act a certain way, and NEVER suggest that Americans might not need "guns to protect human life." To me, the idea is obviously as ridiculous, self-contradictory and sick as M.A.D.
SouthernFriedInfidel

Return to WTF?