·  News ·  Travel ·  Food ·  Arts ·  Science ·  Sports ·  Advice ·  Religion ·  Life ·  Greensboro · 

North Korea sinks the USS George Washington.

by Liv | Published on November 27th, 2010, 8:52 pm | News
us george washington sunk by korea.jpg

Oh stop it. I'm not the only one thinking it. Are we not asking for it by sending the USS George Washington and 7 other ships painted in red, white and blue to an area just 77 miles from North Korea? ...And they warned us not to come... I'm certain there's someone in a room somewhere with a flow chart as to what happens next. Not that I'm encouraging it, but what happens if they do?

The US aircraft carrier the USS George Washington and four other US navy vessels are being joined by South Korean destroyers, patrol vessels, frigates, support ships and anti-submarine aircraft.

North Korea has condemned the exercises as a provocation.

A statement from North Korea's official KCNA news agency said: "If the US brings its carrier to the West Sea of Korea (Yellow Sea), no-one can predict the ensuing consequences."

cite

Apparently two US Marines were already killed last week when North Korea attacked South Korea. The question is, if we don't want another war- should we even be there? I'm not sure we should. If they were to strike the USS George Washington, could we be the stronger, smarter country having learned from the past and just walk away? Or would war mongers win and WWIII would begin?

We the people should not want another war. But Republicans would like nothing better, because they know it would add a budget burden that would certainly kill any hope the Obama administration might have to improve the budget situation over the next 2 years. If they get their Christmas wish, we'll be popping off nukes out there within the coming month.
November 27th, 2010, 9:45 pm
SouthernFriedInfidel

Location: 5th circle of hell -- actually not very crowded at the moment.

Return to News