·  News ·  Travel ·  Food ·  Arts ·  Science ·  Sports ·  Advice ·  Religion ·  Life ·  Greensboro · 

obama's father served during WW2?

by bigrebnc1861 | Published on May 22nd, 2010, 8:02 am | News
Just how old was obama's father?

Grandfather.

After the outbreak of World War II, Stanley Dunham enlisted as a private in the U.S. Army on January 18, 1942, at Fort Leavenworth, Kansas. He served in Europe with the 1830th Ordnance Supply and Maintenance Company, Aviation. During D-Day, this unit helped to support the 9th Air Force. They were deployed in France six weeks after D-Day. Stanley’s older brother Ralph Emerson Dunham, great-uncle to Barack, landed at Normandy's Omaha Easy Red beach on D-Day plus four.
All stupid ideas pass through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is ridiculed. Third, it is ridiculed
May 22nd, 2010, 9:08 am
A Person

A Person wrote:Grandfather.

After the outbreak of World War II, Stanley Dunham enlisted as a private in the U.S. Army on January 18, 1942, at Fort Leavenworth, Kansas. He served in Europe with the 1830th Ordnance Supply and Maintenance Company, Aviation. During D-Day, this unit helped to support the 9th Air Force. They were deployed in France six weeks after D-Day. Stanley’s older brother Ralph Emerson Dunham, great-uncle to Barack, landed at Normandy's Omaha Easy Red beach on D-Day plus four.

He said and I quote
" My father" obama has in fact mentiioned his GRAND father nothing with obama is a misquote. He's a liar and doesn't know when to stop lying.
May 22nd, 2010, 10:37 am
bigrebnc1861

It's obvious he simply misspoke and meant to say grandfather. No big deal.
May 22nd, 2010, 10:42 am
A Person

On a similar note... I'm approximately the same age as Obama, and my father served in the Royal Navy of the UK during the entire 6 years of the war. I see nothing remarkable about this, age-wise, regardless of Obama's family situation.
May 22nd, 2010, 12:41 pm
SouthernFriedInfidel

Location: 5th circle of hell -- actually not very crowded at the moment.
The difference between misspeaking and a lie

George Bush wrote:Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we, they never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.

George Bush wrote:We found the weapons of mass destruction.
May 22nd, 2010, 3:23 pm
A Person

SouthernFriedInfidel wrote:On a similar note... I'm approximately the same age as Obama, and my father served in the Royal Navy of the UK during the entire 6 years of the war. I see nothing remarkable about this, age-wise, regardless of Obama's family situation.

obamas father would have been 9 at the time and when obama said his father returned home he was talking about American vets. Maybe you should listen to the video one more time. His father was born in 1932 and obama's father was born in Kenya so the war start much sooner in Africa then it did for the U.S. AND YOUR TALKING ABOUT BEING A CABIN BOY I don't think kenya had a navy at the time.
May 23rd, 2010, 7:52 pm
bigrebnc1861

A Person wrote:The difference between misspeaking and a lie

George Bush wrote:Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we, they never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.

George Bush wrote:We found the weapons of mass destruction.

Apples to oranges.
May 23rd, 2010, 7:58 pm
bigrebnc1861

Yes, that's a good analogy. They are both fruit from trees grown in an orchard, containing similar sugars, esters and acids, very close in size and shape.

apple-orange.jpg
May 24th, 2010, 9:05 am
A Person

The only people calling Obama a liar are right-wing nuts. Its all about politics with them. They would rather see America fail under President Obama than for him to be reelected. :evil:
July 14th, 2010, 8:55 am
Middle-Class

Middle-Class wrote:The only people calling Obama a liar are right-wing nuts. Its all about politics with them. They would rather see America fail under President Obama than for him to be reelected. :evil:

That is a sad truth. The bitterness and bile spewed by that element are just plain scary and do noting to further us as a nation. Divide and conquer I suppose.
"You can't put the civil rights of a minority up for a majority vote."
July 14th, 2010, 11:39 am
Sanjuro
Expert...on everything...

Middle-Class wrote:The only people calling Obama a liar are right-wing nuts.

Well, I'll point out where he's failed -- and he's failed in some rather big ways -- but I'm not a right-wing nut. After these 2 years, I've often had to wonder whether he's getting bad political advice, or if he thinks that following so many Bush policies will ever start to mollify the right-wingers that hate him.
July 14th, 2010, 12:02 pm
SouthernFriedInfidel

Location: 5th circle of hell -- actually not very crowded at the moment.
The sad truth is that now most of the country wants OBAMA to FAIL, NOT AMERICA. His policies are going to bankrupt America, allowing Illegal aliens, who are criminals, to continue crossing the border, putting the moritorium on drilling in the gulf, costing thousands of jobs to be lost. Obama just continues to lIe. He continues to go against the majority of the citizens of this country. He doesn't care what you think, his elite dictatorship knows what is best for you. Please pray Obama FAILS so AMERICA won't!

Sanjuro wrote:
Middle-Class wrote:The only people calling Obama a liar are right-wing nuts. Its all about politics with them. They would rather see America fail under President Obama than for him to be reelected. :evil:

That is a sad truth. The bitterness and bile spewed by that element are just plain scary and do noting to further us as a nation. Divide and conquer I suppose.
July 26th, 2010, 11:42 am
Franksr

Franksr wrote: allowing Illegal aliens, who are criminals, to continue crossing the border

Source In its first fiscal year of 2009, the Obama Administration deported 387,790 immigrants. The number represents a rise of almost 100,000 immigrants compared to the last full fiscal year of the Bush presidency.

Bush proposes illegal immigrant amnesty
Reagan grants amnesty to 4 million illegal immigrants

Franksr wrote:putting the moritorium on drilling in the gulf

But keep on praying, it's the least you can do.
July 27th, 2010, 9:42 am
A Person

A Person wrote:But keep on praying, it's the least you can do.

It's the MOST you can do.
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second,it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.
July 27th, 2010, 10:18 am
BecauseHeLives

BecauseHeLives wrote:

Perhaps if you are completely helpless to do anything to affect the problem. Then perhaps I could see it being a nice pacifier to console yourself, but beyond that its the biggest and most complete waste of one's time... aside from perhaps waiting in queue at the DMV.
July 27th, 2010, 10:28 am
Sanjuro
Expert...on everything...

BecauseHeLives wrote:

As long as it is ALL he does.
July 27th, 2010, 10:32 am
A Person

Sanjuro wrote:
BecauseHeLives wrote:

Perhaps if you are completely helpless to do anything to affect the problem. Then perhaps I could see it being a nice pacifier to console yourself, but beyond that its the biggest and most complete waste of one's time... aside from perhaps waiting in queue at the DMV.

Praying is the most powerful thing any saved person can do.
July 27th, 2010, 11:50 am
BecauseHeLives

Great, keep doing it. As mch as you can, don't bother with anthing else, leave it to God to do it for you

"Dear God, please make your followers just keep praying instead of trying to guess your will and impose it on others" That's a prayer I could get behind
July 27th, 2010, 11:59 am
A Person

A Person wrote:
Franksr wrote: allowing Illegal aliens, who are criminals, to continue crossing the border

Source In its first fiscal year of 2009, the Obama Administration deported 387,790 immigrants. The number represents a rise of almost 100,000 immigrants compared to the last full fiscal year of the Bush presidency.

I question your source, presstv.ir. Given his soft attitude toward them, I find this odd. It seems to me with so many illegal mexicans have left the country with the current state of the economy, I find this suspicious. But whatever it takes to advance your statist leader, right? Defending how well obumbo is deporting illegals from one side of your mouth then attacking the right/AZ/Brewer, et al for taking a stand in this case from the other side of your mouth is political posturing to say the least, or having a forked tongue is more like it.
The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of the republic; since it offers a strong moral check against usurpation and arbitrary power of the rulers. - U.S. Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, Commentaries on the Constitution 1833
July 29th, 2010, 8:14 am
thesumofyourfears
Freedom Lover

thesumofyourfears wrote:I question your source, presstv.ir.

Please don't bother expending any effort at all to verify the facts. You probably don't like NPR either

Even as it challenges Arizona's get-tough approach to illegal immigration, the Obama administration has been waging a crackdown of its own. The federal government is quietly deporting hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants and scrutinizing hundreds of employers suspected of hiring them.

President Obama told an audience at American University this month that's while it's not possible to round up and deport all the illegal immigrants in the United States, his administration won't turn a blind eye to those who entered this country illegally.

"No matter how decent they are, no matter their reasons, the 11 million who broke these laws should be held accountable," Obama said.

In fact, the federal government under President Obama has steadily increased the deportation of illegal immigrants. The Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agency says it's on track to expel some 400,000 people this year, 8 percent more than 2008 — the last year of the Bush administration.

How about the Immigration and Customs Enforcement Agency

SEATTLE - The number of immigration violators deported from three Pacific Northwest states surged nearly 40 percent when compared to the same period last year, according to statistics released today by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE).

In the first nine months of fiscal year 2008 (Oct. 2007 through June 2008), ICE returned 7,345 illegal aliens to their home countries who had been living in Washington, Oregon and Alaska. During that same period last fiscal year, ICE removed 5,256. This year's statistics reflect a 39 percent overall increase in the volume of deportations from the three-state area.

Of the more than 7,300 immigration violators deported since October 2007, 2,024 had prior criminal convictions in addition to being in the country illegally. That figure represents a 26 percent increase in the number of criminal alien deportations compared to last year.

ICE attributes the increase in deportations to the recent expansion of the Criminal Alien Program (CAP), which focuses on identifying criminal aliens incarcerated in federal, state and local facilities. Once a criminal alien is identified, ICE lodges an immigration detainer against the individual to ensure they are turned over to ICE for removal upon completion of their criminal sentence.

"The increase in removals locally and nationally underscores ICE's commitment to upholding our laws and preserving the integrity of our nation's immigration system," said Neil Clark, field office director for ICE detention and removal operations in Seattle. "As a country, we welcome law-abiding immigrants, but foreign nationals who violate our laws and commit crimes in our communities should be on notice that ICE is going to use all of the tools at its disposal to find you and send you home."

The local increase in removals mirrors a national trend. Nationwide, more than 234,000 people have been deported this fiscal year compared to about 210,000 at this time last year.

The removals are part of ICE's ongoing efforts to identify and arrest those who pose a threat to our community and who have no legal right to remain in the country. Those deported include convicted felons who have served time in local, county, state and federal prisons. Others were immigration fugitives who had been ordered removed by an immigration judge, but failed to comply with that order.

thesumofyourfears wrote:Defending how well obumbo is deporting illegals from one side of your mouth then attacking the right/AZ/Brewer, et al for taking a stand in this case from the other side of your mouth is political posturing to say the least, or having a forked tongue is more like it.

I don't agree with everything Obama says or does. In particular I don't like how he has continued so many Bush policies and has pandered to the right wing nuts in the name of bi-partisanship, while winning no concessions in return. Immigration however is not a simple issue, which probably puts it out of your understanding.

I posted that link to correct the facts - you know - that thing called reality? It's clear that you and Franksr have formed your opinions without recourse to reality. Franksr's stated reasons for "Obama is bankrupting the country" are shown by the data to be false. Will you or he change your position in light of data proving it wrong? Of course not - in right wing la la land reality isn't important when lies are so much more appealing. You'll just declare reality wrong for not agreeing with the ridiculous caricature you have built of the demon Obama - who is far from a left wing, commie and is governing as a middle of the road conservative.

The Arizona law is bad because parts of it were a) unconstitutional (you do know that thing called the Constitution?) and would have had the effect of requiring citizens of certain ethnicity to carry proof of citizenship and produce them on demand. The law was put in in the same basis as Franksr and you reach your decisions - for ideological reasons removed from reality.

Of course the US should have immigration laws and enforce them. However this should be done in a sensible, effective and humane way. A way that doesn't divide citizens by ethnicity or turn a significant portion of citizens into scapegoats. A way that recognises that the US was built on immigration and that it's diversity is a strength. A way that recognizes that immigrants contribute to wealth and are not a drain.
July 29th, 2010, 9:47 am
A Person

A Person wrote:Immigration however is not a simple issue, which probably puts it out of your understanding.

What makes you think immigration is not a simple issue?

I posted that link to correct the facts - you know - that thing called reality?

Don't spin my words. I never disputed them, now did I? I stated suspicion and it is not the same as disputing, now is it?

Franksr's stated reasons for "Obama is bankrupting the country" are shown by the data to be false.

He is bankrupting this country. We have discussed this in some form or another before. I guess you forgot treasurydirect.gov? It is all there. What's wrong? you can't crunch the numbers? He is spending at a much faster rate the W ever did.

The Arizona law is bad because parts of it were a) unconstitutional (you do know that thing called the Constitution?) and would have had the effect of requiring citizens of certain ethnicity to carry proof of citizenship and produce them on demand. The law was put in in the same basis as Franksr and you reach your decisions - for ideological reasons removed from reality.

Then show us how it is unconstitutitional. Ever heard of a green card? Based on your shallow logic, carrying a green card is unconstitutional when it is not. You are required to carry it. As you should with your driver's license when you are driving in a vehicle. Don't lecture me on the US Constitution when you are advocate killing innocent unborn humans; your claim that odumbo is a natural born citizen eligible for the office of the presidency, which he is not; and your claim that odumbocare is constitutional.
July 29th, 2010, 4:17 pm
thesumofyourfears
Freedom Lover

thesumofyourfears wrote:Then show us how it is unconstitutitional.

We'll leave that to the courts.

thesumofyourfears wrote:Ever heard of a green card? Based on your shallow logic, carrying a green card is unconstitutional when it is not. You are required to carry it.

My 'shallow logic' was referring to citizens - who are not required to carry proof of citizenship with them at all times, even if they do look 'Mexican'

thesumofyourfears wrote:your claim that odumbo is a natural born citizen eligible for the office of the presidency, which he is not

Not my claim, but it's clear to any sensible person of normal intelligence that he is.
July 29th, 2010, 4:34 pm
A Person

A Person wrote:We'll leave that to the courts.

You said it was unconstitutional and I ask you to show us how it is unconstitutional. I did not ask the "courts", now did I?

Not my claim, but it's clear to any sensible person of normal intelligence that he is.

Any sensible person of normal intelligence will question it and find out given the amount of attention it has received; however,if you want to live in a world of deception, knock your self out.

Schoolboy Gibbs dodges questions on odumbo's SSN's

July 30th, 2010, 7:49 am
thesumofyourfears
Freedom Lover

jaw_drop.jpg

Every now and again, you find yourself having a discussion with a seemingly normal person, when they say something jaw-droppingly stupid that further reasoned conversation becomes impossible. Like the world is only 6,500 years old, that the moon landings were a hoax, or that if the World News Daily or Orly Taitz says something that garners the attention of Obamaphobes, there must be some truth behind it.

orly-taitz.jpg
orly-taitz.jpg (18.09 KiB) Viewed 2993 times

At this point you have left the realm of reality so far behind there is no way to get you back (if you were ever there) Enjoy your stay.
July 30th, 2010, 9:37 am
A Person

Return to News