·  News ·  Travel ·  Food ·  Arts ·  Science ·  Sports ·  Advice ·  Religion ·  Life ·  Greensboro · 

My Alli Weight Loss Drug Experience

by Liv | Published on February 7th, 2008, 6:07 pm | Science
stomach_cramps.jpg
stomach_cramps.jpg (5.09 KiB) Viewed 4481 times
OK. My Alli. We all know what it is... Some of us think it's silly, some have tried it, I said "What the Hell?" It's a new year, and I wanted to give my New Years Resolution the best shot I can. Including a new treadmill, some running shoes, a low-fat diet, and a digital scale with big blue amber-glo numbers in front of the fridge, I decided to add Alli to my diet in hopes of shedding a few pounds.

I'm sure I'll catch hell for writing about this, but honestly... If people beside myself weren't buying the stuff, it wouldn't be on the market. So save the cold phrases and the lack luster quip remarks, Yes! I'm a fat lazy American who is looking for the cheap easy way out.

For those of you not familiar with what MyAlli is, it's a weight loss drug that basically prevents fat from being absorbed by the digestive system. In doing so, the fat is passed with other biological waste out the rear end of the vehicle, and is never to be seen from again....

but, it's never that easy...

The major side effect, and the one of several of which you might be pondering as to why I'd even attempt such madness (other than Internet entertainment) is the physical nature of fecal matter which isn't digested uncontrollably shooting out of one's ass. More to the point, it's been described as "Anal Leakage", "Diarrhea", "Bloating", "Gas", etc. It's for this reason, if you're about to eat, or can't stomach the grotesque review I'm about to give... Go away... Far, far away...

I mean afterall. Whose kidding who? The fat has to go somewhere? Right? Nothing like swallowing a tub of Vaseline, and seeing what happens. That's pretty much life on Alli.

(Last Chance....)

I won't draw this out. I was one of the select few effected by the side-effects of drug. I was aware of the possibility, but assumed since Alli is sold under Xenical, a double strength version- then surely a mild discomfort is an affordable trade-off to rightly gain that new body I've desired. I was wrong. No amount of Youtube testimonials on how great Ali is would ever elude to how horrible it is when it goes wrong.

And it does go wrong...

It was as the gates of hell opened out of my ass. The human body's function of digestion, was a mere suggestion to my body as it attempted near earth orbit using stomach acid as rocket propellant.

It went fairly well at first. I read the books, bought the bottle at CVS, and all was well. Then the cramping started. I thought, "Is that the Alli? Or is that just normal"... I convinced myself, a small stomach upset is an acceptable thing.

A few minutes later it was as though my stomach was that giant bubble in the hose in a Tom & Jerry cartoon, and someone was about to let go of the pressure. It's in this moment my face became flush, my eyes nearly popped out of my head. I hurdled the coffee table, long jumped the dog, and yelled to the children who might be in my way to "MOOOOOOOVEEEEEE" as I ran down the hall, threw open the door, aimed in the general direction of the toilet, and found myself levitating 4 feet off the toilet in a jet-stream of some sort of ungodly concocture of digested food, that I no more than 5 minutes ago had eaten.

It's not what usually come out of there. In fact, by comparison it's quite pleasant if you had to make that judgement, but the sure pain by which it causes, and the damage done to the porcelain in your toilet will make you second guess that this is anything at all but enjoyable.

It's as though God himself has stuck his finger in battery acid and shoved it down your intestine. All you can do is scream and groan bracing yourself against the sink and the tub.

Eventually after a certain amount of time, a lifetime of agony, you come into some sort of state of recovery. It's about this time you make haste and gingerly move from the toilet paper dispensing area into the shower where you plop on the bottom of the tub like some drug-rehab patient going through recovery. And it's then... just when you think all is well, that you realize it isn't over. You rush to get up, but perhaps too quick.

This is about the time your partner will come check on you. They'll say something like "Are you okay Honey"... and peak in the door. Just then the shower curtain shadows a scene from Psycho as you're screaming in bloody horror like some b-flick horror queen.

To put it mildly... I found God that day.

After about 48 hours of this scene being repeated, I finally realized Alli, or Xencial is not something I would continue to take. Your results may vary, but for me I guess it's good ole fashioned sweat and tears, or I'll just live to be happy with being the whale I am. My alli isn't "my allie", more of "my enemy", and that's truth in advertising.

Cute.

The Mayo Clinic say "Because of how Alli works, it's recommended that you eat no more than 15 grams of fat with each meal."

Really?

If you just restricted the amount of fat in each meal to 15g you wouldn't need Alli in the first place!

But given the side effects, or more approporiate: rear effects; maybe Alli's successes are due to the punishment your ass receives if you go over this amount. Alli - the Fat Nazi: "You Vill Not Eat Fat - Or Ve Vill Punish Your Ass!"
All stupid ideas pass through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is ridiculed. Third, it is ridiculed
February 7th, 2008, 6:34 pm
A Person

Sorry to hear of your experience. No, really. JK.
I had a similar if not identical experience a few weeks ago. My attack was due to the inability of my body to properly process the antibiotic Clarithromycin, though. One of the side effects of this drug is evidently the power to crap fire and barbed wire. I wonder if the two drugs are somehow related?
February 7th, 2008, 6:36 pm
Nfidel

:shock:
"You can't put the civil rights of a minority up for a majority vote."
February 7th, 2008, 9:47 pm
Sanjuro
Expert...on everything...

Liv, that was easily one the most disgusting, horrifying and yet hilarious things I've ever read. Thanks for letting us laugh with you.
The Rapture already happened. All the good Christians are gone. We're stuck with the rejects.

"Why would anyone pray in private where no one can see you?"- BHL
February 7th, 2008, 11:36 pm
C. Alice

This is almost like being in your bathroom with you! :roll:

If it wasn't about weight loss, you should've gone with COLON BLOW! eewww...
When it is not in our power to follow what is true, we ought to follow what is most probable. –Rene Descartes

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams
February 7th, 2008, 11:46 pm
Serendipitous
This is my world and I am the world leader...pretend.

Serendipitous wrote:This is almost like being in your bathroom with you! :roll:

Hilarious.... I had to put a picture with your link...

LOL!!! Poopin' is cool!
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second,it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.
February 8th, 2008, 12:47 pm
BecauseHeLives

BecauseHeLives wrote:
Serendipitous wrote:This is almost like being in your bathroom with you! :roll:

Hilarious.... I had to put a picture with your link...

LOL!!! Poopin' is cool!

Did u check out the poop pics on that site? :shock:
February 8th, 2008, 1:40 pm
Serendipitous

I was afraid to... I'm taking my wife out for dinner this evening and I don't need any lingering memories.

I've got to ask. How did you happen come across that site? ;)
February 8th, 2008, 1:56 pm
BecauseHeLives

BecauseHeLives wrote:I was afraid to... I'm taking my wife out for dinner this evening and I don't need any lingering memories.

I've got to ask. How did you happen come across that site? ;)

LOL The "recovering Catholic" brother of mine sent me a link a long time ago!!! We never seem to run out of jokes about it.
February 8th, 2008, 2:05 pm
Serendipitous

This has got to be a hoax.
Foundational colon health is as serious as when you find yourself at the doggie park with Fido, 18 hours into your Colonblow, and you realize you only brought a poop bag for Fido.

Since your intestines are an essential part of the digestive process, quite why steam cleaning them would be a desirable thing, is beyond me.
February 8th, 2008, 3:10 pm
A Person

A Person wrote:This has got to be a hoax.
Foundational colon health is as serious as when you find yourself at the doggie park with Fido, 18 hours into your Colonblow, and you realize you only brought a poop bag for Fido.

Since your intestines are an essential part of the digestive process, quite why steam cleaning them would be a desirable thing, is beyond me.

Either my brother or one of his friends has tried it. He once mentioned that it isn't quite "Move! Get out da way!" but it's recommended that the "blowee" be in a place where a restroom isn't too far away.

I was in Rite Aid on Friday during lunch, saw the Alli display looking so pretty and innocent... and couldn't help but think of Liv. :?
February 10th, 2008, 12:00 am
Serendipitous

I've been taking alli for 2 weeks. Feel god, lost 3 pounds, side effects only in the morning - and only in bathroom! But I am so so so hungry! How do you fight the hunger?
December 16th, 2008, 8:11 am
Osi

Well I must admit, I restarted Alli, but only after a very reduced diet.... with no fats, no carbs & no sugars.... so one might ask what's the point....

As far as hunger, I also tried a subsequently "Meridia", but it's expensive $150 and insurance doesn't generally cover it. I also found it gave me mild Edema, and decided to discontinue it....

In the end, just old-fashioned hard work and changing the diet worked best for me. Learning new cooking methods led to most of our weight loss.... we're still working on it though...

I'd recommend on either of these weight loss drugs if you use them, use them as tools, not as a daily drug.... meaning try to keep your diet right, but using these on the days you need the extra help.
December 16th, 2008, 8:20 am
Liv
I show you something fantastic and you find fault.

Diet and exercise are recommended. I'm bad about not heeding to those instructions. I believe that I would be heavier if not for Alli and I do believe that it helps to lower your cholesterol, too.
January 21st, 2009, 8:10 am
Martinalix

Not all the weight loss drugs are like alli, Constipation happens only when the body lacks fibres through food and the opposite happens when it increases..that may be the case with you..but most weight loss drugs have no prescription to it adding to the problem

lol those pics on the website are :mrgreen:
May 31st, 2009, 2:58 am
daany

Return to Science