·  News ·  Travel ·  Food ·  Arts ·  Science ·  Sports ·  Advice ·  Religion ·  Life ·  Greensboro · 

Bo Berry Biscuit Recipe Solved....

by Liv | Published on December 22nd, 2005, 8:17 am | Food
Call me one of the lucky individuals who had the wonderful opportunity to waste several months of my high school years working at Bojangles. I was a teenager, hopelessly trying to compete with my Greensboro counterparts who where much wealthier then me. The cool thing about Bojangles is I learned the secret to Bo-Berry biscuits. Yes these sweet delectable scone like treats are by far my favorite biscuit product from this Cajun influenced restaurant.

You see the first myth I'd like to bust, is that its actually Blueberries. Its not. Technically its not berries at all. Surprised? Me too. Bojangles actually has this bucket of pellets, yes, you heard me right: pellets. In all seriousness they look just like rabbit food. Long cylindrical pellets. Except they're blue. Your guess is as good as mine when it comes to what they actually put in these pellets, but they do taste remarkably like blueberries when mixed with the biscuit dough and baked.

The second myth I'd like to bust is that bo-berry biscuits are soft and chewy. When first made, yes- this is true. But by the end of a 12 hour day when we took out the trash, they made perfect baseball size projectiles at Wendover traffic. I must apologize now for those of you who read this and were victims to receiving a stale Bo-berry biscuit in your sunroof, as you drove by the Wendover Bojangles at three in the morning about 10 years ago. I am a changed woman, and have been banned from making biscuits.

I don't know why I read this at almost 11:00 at night! I haven't had BoBerry biscuits in a long while...

Blueberry-flavored pellets, eh?
When it is not in our power to follow what is true, we ought to follow what is most probable. –Rene Descartes

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams
February 8th, 2008, 10:57 pm
Serendipitous
This is my world and I am the world leader...pretend.

Yep... Back then we had a bucket of blueberry pellets and strawberry pellets... because we made bo-berry biscuits and straw-bo-berry....

They're good as hell... but it's funny how they're made... My guess is it's some sort of dehydrated mix. But yep they look like blue and pink versions of this:
rabbit_food.jpg
rabbit_food.jpg (22.51 KiB) Viewed 5822 times
February 9th, 2008, 8:10 am
Liv
I show you something fantastic and you find fault.

bo_berry_biscuits_scones.jpg

Tonight I had a moment of genius. I solved the dilemma which has caused problems for people of the south for as long as I lived here. How to get Bo Berry Biscuits (from Bojangles) at home.... Oh gosh.... Just look at this puppy.... I made that.... :)
November 18th, 2008, 5:01 pm
Liv

uhm recipe? Whats the holdup?!? Must has....
November 18th, 2008, 5:25 pm
AceoStar

I must preface this that it's my "low-fat" version, but feel free to use whole milk, and full-fat butter if you so desire. And the glaze, it came out great, but Shannon failed to record her steps... (she's the glaze girl....) so adjustment might need to be made, but she tried to get as close as she could remember.... (I'm not sure you can screw that one up, honestly)

Bo-Berry Biscuits Recipe (6 count)

Ingredients:

BoBerry Biscuits:
    2 Cups Flour
    1 Cup fat-free milk
    1/3 cup of sugar
    5 Tablespoons of low-fat butter or margarine.
    4 teaspoon baking powder
    1 teaspoon salt
    3 oz of dried (dehydrated) blueberries (I used Mariana brand “Wild” from Food Lion)

Glaze:
    1 cup of sifted powdered sugar
    1/8 cup of water
    1 teaspoon of vanilla
    ½ teaspoon of lemon juice

Directions:
    One hour before baking take take butter and place in freezer.

Preheat oven to 450F. Mix salt, sugar, flour, and baking powder in a bowl. Sift if desired. Add the super cold milk into dry ingredients and mix. As dough begins to form take each tablespoon of hardened solidified butter and break chunks off and spread evenly over dough. Fold dough, and knead... repeat until all butter is spread in chunks evenly throughout dough. Move dough to floured cutting board and roll flat to about ¼ - ½ thick (or to desired thickness) and cut approximately 6 BoBerry Biscuits with a biscuit or cookie cutter. If you notice the butter start to melt (hot kitchen) during this process it may be necessary to return the dough to the freezer for 10-15 minutes. Do not exceed 20, as the baking powder's 1st stage may become inactive past that. Place in oven and bake for about 7-12 minutes.
    Melt 1 tablespoon of low-fat butter in the microwave, and paint finished biscuits with pastry brush.
    Mix glaze ingredients in a bowl, and drizzle over BoBerry Biscuits with a fork.
November 18th, 2008, 8:26 pm
Liv

Excellent. We'll have to try that this weekend, maybe with some soy milk (not my choice) :lol:
November 19th, 2008, 9:59 am
AceoStar

While low-fat, they're certainly NSFD... Not Safe for Diabetics.
November 19th, 2008, 12:55 pm
Liv

Careful with how many of these answers to these secrets you unearth. Solving these types of riddles may tear a hole in the very fabric of the space-time continuum..... ;)
November 19th, 2008, 2:04 pm
Pineview Style

I've never heard of these before but maybe I'll try this for dessert with the pulled-pork sandwiches this weekend...
November 19th, 2008, 2:40 pm
baerlondark

Return to Food