·  News ·  Travel ·  Food ·  Arts ·  Science ·  Sports ·  Advice ·  Religion ·  Life ·  Greensboro · 

Chuck E Cheese Hell - Chuckie Cheese Coupons

by Liv | Published on February 14th, 2006, 9:04 pm | Food
Chuck E Cheese Hell

I am convinced if Hell exists, it's at the Friendly center inside of Chuckie Cheese. Today we took the kids there because we were tired of parenting and this is the closest thing to day care by the hour in Greensboro. The first thing about Chuckie Cheese is for some reason, even though I've been there like a half of dozen times in the last year I can never find it. I know its in Friendly Center, but the whole center is one single tan nightmare, and for some reason Chuckie Cheese is in the Bermuda triangle of the center. Eventually I did find it. We went inside and got stamped by a middle aged man who acts way to happy to be the manager of an overpriced arcade. This is all done since 9/11 to make sure no one swaps kids in the fun tunnel and leaves with the wrong kid. Either that or they just wanted to get black lights like the bar has.

I go up to the counter at peruse the menu. Expensive pizza and tokens. Expensive Pizza and more tokens. I chose the cheap option which only included 2 drinks even though there was four of us. The unlimited refill station meant we would take our drinking in shifts. Even though this was the cheapest Chuckie pizza option, the total still came to about $40.00! That's right $40.00 for food. Holy crap.

So I set the kids loose with the tokens to which they mindlessly stick into machines that spit out a couple tickets. These tickets entitle you to prizes. Do you know what the $40.00 deal allowed my kids to have? Sweet tarts, and a Captain America water toy. The guy working the toy center was ultra cool and hooked the kids up with a second Captain America toy at no charge. Now that's customer service.

My biggest complaint about Chuckie Cheese is how there really isn't any games anymore. It used to be packed wall to wall with games, but now its filled with a play-land, and some 80's arcade games with a few other machines that simply suck your tokens and spit out tickets. What a load of crap this is. At least they didn't take away skee-ball. I'd be really upset if they got rid of skee-ball. Skee-ball should be an Olympic sport in my opinion.

Remember the animatronic show? They don't close the curtains anymore. Why? What happened to the anticipation and the peaking under the curtain to see if Chuck E. goes off stage to kiss Delila the duck? Oh, and what is with the sports bar TV on the stage? My God this place has gone to the dogs.

My recommendation is take your kids when you're highly medicated, and can push the bratty girl with pig tails out of the way and you yourself can jump in the ball pit.

Liv, we have Chuck E Cheese coupons coming out of our ears. Feed four plus tons of tokens for about $28.00. Let me know if you ever want any. I'd be glad to share. My youngest is a teen now, but we still love Skeeball so we go every once in a while. The trick is to save up your tickets over several visits and then buy something big. Last time we got a disco ball with colored lights. Quite cool. Of course, when mine were little, they didn't quite get the concept of saving for something better. :D

PS - Celebration Station is still our favorite. If you haven't tried it, you should.
February 15th, 2006, 2:12 pm
caramichele

Thanks... hopefully that will be enough Chucky till birthdays role around. We like Celebration station too, but all the games there cost so much more money.
February 15th, 2006, 8:24 pm
Liv
I show you something fantastic and you find fault.

At least you got a way with you health, I was a tech manager and became very sick as a result of working at CEC. I have not fully recovered and it has been over a year. I can not do the things I use to do I have to take shots every week, and I am unable to drive or work.

Thanks for Reading...
March 8th, 2006, 10:26 pm
ke4sbe

Chuckie Cheese Coupons

Today was Chancey's birthday so we went over to friendly center. Luckily ahead of time I found the mother of all Chuckie Cheese Coupons.

While the staff at Chuck E. Cheese is very nice. The place still is a horrible atrocity. The ball pit was closed because some fat kid fell through the bottom. Most of the games did not work, because children consistently try to shove birthday cake in the coin slots, and the Skee Ball machines that are supposed to contain 9 balls, either contain 3 or 22. Worst yet the air hockey table had no puck, and only took your tokens, then blew air.

For some reason the place was mad busy despite its a Thursday, and we arrived at 11am. I knew something was up when we saw 30 some mini-vans parked out front. Then there was a Rockingham County School's head start bus too.??? They don't have Chucky in Rockingham?

Anyways if there's one issue in Greensboro that needs attention its Chucky. Forget Homelessness, Toyota plants, or even the Wachovia building. Someone needs to regulate Chucky. Maybe a coupon special like 2 prozac's and 40 tokens?
April 20th, 2006, 5:12 pm
Liv

so... this is coming from a chuck e cheese employee... yes things are overpriced there... and yes they try to make as much money as they can.... but its not as bad as you try to make it out... i get coupons daily for 1 large pizza with 2 toppings, 100 game tokens, and 4 drinks for 39.99.... which in my mind isnt that bad at all.... and if you buy like candy or mac and cheese... you can find coupons on there too... as for cleaniness... Minus the tokens, that place is probably the cleaniest public place you can find.... Ball pits are detail cleaned atleast once a week.... Which means Every ball comes out... and sterilized, and the whole bottom is swept out and sterilized.... Each game is cleaned atleast twice a day.... and everything is swept every night.... Pizza trays are cleaned Every night.... bathrooms are detailed cleaned almost every day... The floors are sterilized almost everyday..... The sky tubes, yet again sterilized every day.... Game wise... i dont know what yours offers... but we only have 5 games out of the 50+ that just Suck your tokens and spit out tickets.... the rest are all normal games with 1 80s game.... The stage curtain is not to be closed anymore because of the price to fix it, and how many times it breaks.... ours was breaking and not going up or down almost every other day.... and now for the prizes... do you think we honestly get to choose those cheap crap prizes or how much they go for??? no... anything that is 1000+ we choose... the rest is the companies fault.... so im sorry you have such a terrible time going there, but its your choice to go there.... but thats just someones opinion that is there almost every day of the week....
June 15th, 2006, 4:11 pm
deftones1868

I'm sorry to hear that you had problems like that at CEC. I'm an employee at one of the Texas locations, and thankfully we don't have a ball pit, but we have about 80+ games in our store and I'm telling you that usually one person has to take care of the gameroom area while the rest of us attend to our own area. Durring the week when children should be in school we only have about 3-5 people working- Kitchen, Cashier, Gameroom, Kid Check, and a Manager. Most of the time when I work durring the week I do Cash, Kid check, and Kitchen all at the same time, it's no easy task, but we all try our best to help everyone the best we can. And I must agree that yes 1 large pizza should not be 13.99 and each topping 1.99, but thats not our decision. If you look in the sunday paper there is a pretty good chance that you will find some good coupons... You can always say that you forgot to bring your coupons with you and ask for coupon #159, If they let you have it(no guarantee) you should get 1 large pizza with up to 2 toppings, 4 soft drinks, 100 tokens all for 29.99. Also, you might try signing up for the CEC online club and they will send you coupons about every other week(http://www.chuckecheese.com). Now not all of us are out to get you, some of us will try to help you as long as you are being reasonalbe and polite. Another way of missing the larger crowds is to call the CEC that you are planning to go to and asking if they are busy. This way you can avoid large crowds. But hey if you have any questions drop me a message, and I'll see what I can do.
December 4th, 2006, 1:45 pm
SarahAnne

SarahAnne wrote:I'm sorry to hear that you had problems like that at CEC. I'm an employee at one of the Texas locations, and thankfully we don't have a ball pit, ... But hey if you have any questions drop me a message, and I'll see what I can do.

Wow, someone in customer service that actually cares! Thats pretty refreshing.

"You can't put the civil rights of a minority up for a majority vote."
December 4th, 2006, 2:15 pm
Sanjuro
Expert...on everything...

jeniferlewis wrote:you tell me you also give me discounted chuck cheese have good coupons when birthday comes last time i was there and i also celebrate there website but not sorry i am not available on chuck e this birthday.

Huh!?
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second,it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.
December 11th, 2007, 9:28 am
BecauseHeLives

We love to spoil our kids and take them to do fun things. Our lack of finances and the fact that we only have one car to share keeps us from venturing to the Greensboro Chuckie Cheese too often. In my opinion it's more for younger children than say Celebration Station, which is also a blast. It's a really special treat for my kids to go to visit the gigante raton so we always have a great time letting them play as hard as they can. I have my own memories of this "magical" place when I was young in California. I remember they used to have a little room under the stage where we were first introduced to the "strobe light". I used to love the animatronic show where they would say my name and sing me Happy Birthday. My how much the view of things changes as we grow. The other day when we took the kids I couldn't help notice the state of that beloved show today. I just kept laughing. The stage was dim, the music was silent and there was no audience around, yet the cast continued to tick. Their mouths, heads and hands were not in full movement, they just had the same repeated subtle twitches over and over. As if this was not disturbing enough, you could hear the mechanisms click and swoosh with every twinge. What ever happened to trying to peak under the curtain between shows? No wonder our children could care less about the stage show now. Where is the mystery and anticipation? Poor Chuckie, the public doesn't appreciate good music now a days, it's all about the bling of the token and the obsession of the MIGHTY TICKET.
January 1st, 2008, 11:29 am
Shan

I need to inform all you parents who let your children play in ball pits....Never let them play in them for one they had found at one of the restruants that a little boy was playing in the ball pit and he told his mom his butt hurt and when she got home she looked and there was a hole in his butt and he started getting sick and she rushed him to the doctor and he had a hyperdermic needle in his butt the needle it self stuck him and broke off he ended up dieing..very sad all from ball pits another case was with poison's snakes nest found in the ball pits again the child died.....Another mom actually at chuckie cheese found all kinds of stuff in the ball pit that her child was playing in all because her child lost something in their she found fecies, dirty diapers and rotten food stuff like that I would never let my children play in ball pits it's not worth the health of your children..It's so sad if people would drain them and take proper care of the ball pits no of this would happen, but then again you have to think about all the germs that are in that thing no matter what...Research it on line your selves..how harmfull are ball pits really to your children? Thanks for reading...Talia
January 15th, 2008, 11:39 am
Talia

Talia wrote:I need to inform all you parents who let your children play in ball pits....Never let them play in them for one they had found at one of the restruants that a little boy was playing in the ball pit and he told his mom his butt hurt and when she got home she looked and there was a hole in his butt and he started getting sick and she rushed him to the doctor and he had a hyperdermic needle in his butt the needle it self stuck him and broke off he ended up dieing..very sad all from ball pits another case was with poison's snakes nest found in the ball pits again the child died.....Another mom actually at chuckie cheese found all kinds of stuff in the ball pit that her child was playing in all because her child lost something in their she found fecies, dirty diapers and rotten food stuff like that I would never let my children play in ball pits it's not worth the health of your children..It's so sad if people would drain them and take proper care of the ball pits none of this would happen, but then again you have to think about all the germs that are in that thing no matter what...Research it on line your selfes..how harmfull are ball pits really to your children? Thanks for reading...Talia

Ball Pits Are Sick and Not worth it I would recommend buying one for your home for your children if you want them to play in a ball pit.. Think about it is it worth losing your child over a freaking ball pit? It's not worth it to me and my children understand even my 3 year old.. ;O)
February 17th, 2008, 2:22 pm

Don't forget the nests of snakes found in ball pits. The balls are made of Chinese PVC with lead in it. The gas used for inflate the balls is toxic. Oh and the red balls are radioactive.

There, that's a fresh crop of urban legends on their way :)
All stupid ideas pass through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is ridiculed. Third, it is ridiculed
February 17th, 2008, 7:13 pm
A Person

i love chuck-e-cheese because it is great for the whole family. it is even great heath.
March 2nd, 2008, 10:17 am
toto

Hello again, It's Talia I have came across this once more and I thought I would post it to this site since awhile back ago I posted something that pretains to this..Anyways take things seriously we only have one chance at life and living why die from somthing that can and could be prevented? Watch out exspecially for your children....
READ THIS URGENT IMPORTANCE TO EVERYONE THIS IS NOT A JOKE
Subject: READ
McDonalds, Chuck E Cheese, Discovery Zone... All places with ball
pits in the children's play area. One of my sons lost his watch, and
was very upset. We dug and dug in those balls, trying to find his
Watch. Instead, we found vomit, food, feces, and other stuff I do not want
to discuss.

I went to the manager and raised hell. Come to find out, the ball pit
is only cleaned out once a month. I have doubts that it is even done
that often. My kids will never play in another ball pit.

Some of you might not be parents, but you may have nieces, nephews,
grandchildren, or friends with children.
This will pertain to you too. As I read the following, my heart sank.
I urge each and every one of you to pass this on to as many people as
you can. I cannot stress how important this is!

Hi. My name is Lauren Archer, my son Kevin and I lived in Midland , TN.
On October 2nd, 1999 I took my only son to McDonald's for his 3rd
birthday. After he finished lunch, I allowed him to play in the ball pit. When
he started whining later on, I asked him what was wrong, he pointed
to the back of his pull-up and simply said "Mommy, it hurts." I
couldn't find anything wrong with him at that time. I bathed him when
we got home, and it was at that point when I found a welt on his left
buttock.

Upon investigating, it seemed as if there was something like a
splinter under the welt. I made an appointment to see the doctor the
next day, but soon he started vomiting and shaking, then his eyes
rolled back into his head. From there, we went to the emergency room.

He died later that night. It turned out that the welt on his buttock
was the tip of a hypodermic needle that had broken off inside.

The autopsy revealed that Kevin had died from a heroine overdose. The
next week, the police removed the balls from the ball pit. There was
rotten food, several hypodermic needles: some full, some used;
knives, half-eaten candy, diapers, feces, and the stench of urine.
(You can find the article on Kevin Archer in the October 10,1999
issue of the Midland Chronicle.)

Don't think it's just McDonald's either. A little boy had been
playing in a ball pit @ a Burger King & started complaining of his
legs hurting. He later died too. He was found to have snake bites
all over his legs & buttocks. When they cleaned the ball pit they

found that there was a copperhead's nest in the ball pit. He had

suffered numerous bites from a very poisonous snake.

Repost this if it scares the crap out of you!! Repost this if you
care about kids!! Please forward this to all loving mothers, fathers
and anyone who loves and cares for children!! What has this world
come to??
If a child is not safe in a child's play area then where??

AND FYI:

In Florida and other places on the East Coast a group of people are
putting HIV/AIDS infected and filled needles underneath gas pump
handles, so when someone reaches to pick it up and put gas in their
car, they get stabbed with it. 16 people have been a victim of this
crime so far and 10 tested HIV positive. Instead of posting that
stupid crap about how your love life will suck for years to come if
you don't re-post, post this.
It's important to inform people, even if you don't drive, a family
member might, and what if they were next?

CHECK UNDER THE HANDLE BEFORE YOU GRAB IT!! Safety Tip #1
< PrevNext >No social networking site is safe, including myYearbook.

Reporting bad people to the police is important. Remember to call law enforcement if threatened
March 12th, 2008, 10:35 am
LuvableKisses

Ever heard of Snopes.com?
March 13th, 2008, 8:17 am
BecauseHeLives

Sammyball.jpg
March 13th, 2008, 9:18 am
Sanjuro
Expert...on everything...

I just want to know why we can't have ball pits at work....

You know, just jump in and throw them at your boss.... very therapeutic.
March 13th, 2008, 9:22 am
Liv

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!40 DOLLARS IS VERY CHEAP TO TAKE YOUR WHOLE FAMILEY OUT STOP COMPLAING ITS FOR THE KIDS!!!!!!!!Tight ass
April 1st, 2008, 5:08 pm
Jamie

I wanted to say something about the ball pit issue.
I also heard about strange things happening in these pits, they made an X-files episode about this a long time ago, where aliens would come down and collect the balls filled with information about YOUR kids. Yeah, you know, they are the future of the world.
And the thing about the snake, in a CEC in Japan, they found Godzilla’s baby in there, you should have seen the pictures in the paper of the resulting mess left behind by mom Zilla when she found out. You wouldn’t want to be there that day.
Did you also know that, as in the post above starting with “day 27” there has been hundreds of children that have gotten lost in those pits, the adults (parents) end up getting lost too when they jump in to look for their kids. Indiana Jones was hired to go after them and was also never found after that, Stephen Spielberg was really upset.
I could go on for hours, but the stories are way to sad to continue writing…
May 3rd, 2008, 10:36 am
Someone who has kids. And I love CEC.

Okie dokie

Just had to write this in:::

First off, the Chuck E Cheese, the McDonalds play areas, and the Burger King areas I have been to do not even have ball pits.

Second off, I have never in my life ever heard of such nonsense. Finding a snake in a ball pit? Right... Your kid got stabbed by a hyperdermic needle filled with cocaine in a ball pit? Okay... Sounds to me like a disgruntled ticked off employee who wants to ensure that no one ever takes their kids to these places again. I shouldn't have to suffer because you can't hold down a minimum wage job. Either should my children.

Oh... But there was this one time my kids were in a ball pit in the middle of no where, we just happened to find a ball pit and when they jumped in we realized it was filled with water, and like there were pirahnas, and like they bit off little Johnny's private place before we got him out.

*Rolls eyes* Have a nice day!
July 1st, 2008, 8:15 pm
New here

Okay! Chuck E Cheese Update!!!!

Here's the coupons we used today. For $40.00 we got a crap load of tokens and even two adult salads with the pizza, although I balk at the $7.00 a piece salad cost.

welcome_coupon_us.pdf
(61.39 KiB) Downloaded 304 times

Okay that said. The Coupons can't justify how horrible this place is. Let's first admit that the Chucky Cheese concept of serving beer to adults, and entertaining children with machines that you put money into and get tickets out of could only be something spawned from capitalistic America.

That said. We dropped $40.00. Got 1 pizza, 4 drinks, and something like 140 tokens all together. The last $10 or so dollars was our salads. This my friends keeps a grown woman sane. I almost thought about going for the tap beer which is fed from the wall German style in a fake plastic barrel. (Yes, if you didn't know... Chuck E Cheese has beer.)

First Gripe: I had to threaten a fat kid because he punched Chance in the chest. I said kindly "do not touch my child again". In my head I thought "put away the pizza kid". Okay technically I can't blame Chuck E. Cheese, but many behaviors took place I thought management should have dealt with (Ie the monkey kids on top of the video games.)

#2 We ate, we drank, and we had leftovers, and tickets on the table. The guy came and cleaned the table before we were done. This is the second time this has happened. Luckily they replaced our cups, but since half a pizza was thrown away. Let me clarify.... A $20.00 barely edible pizza that even with our Chuck E. Cheese coupon was outrageously priced, was tossed... and we we're offered no replacement.

#3 Bloody Freaking Veggie tales. I don't know if it was a customer who brought it in or some other corporate idea of brain washing but the fact that Friendly Center Chuck E Cheese chose to display Veggie Tales on their wide-screen tvs on stage was a tad bit annoying. If I have to hear from a vegetable with no arms who magically drives a car and for some odd reason has shirt holes in their clothes about "a creator" one more freaking time, I'm going to flip.

Gripe #4 Half the games are still broke, though the ball pit is now gone, the skee ball at my tokens, the motion theater barely moved (may be my fat butt), and the picture ride didn't give Ren a picture.
July 17th, 2008, 7:34 pm
Liv

Holy Crap,

[
i] "we were tired of parenting and this is the closest thing to Day Care "[/i]

This is why not just anyone should have kids. We need to license procreation or something.

Anyone seen the movie 'Idiocracy" this moron and his DNA chain is a key player in the decline of society.

Probably the best parenting advice anyone could give you: Give your kids up for adoption, send them to an orphanage, that can help the children.

By the way, since you obviously didn't finish high school, there are some great GED programs out there. You could have even looked at your reciept to see the spelling of the restaurant: Chuck E. Cheese. (Or maybe that was the problem, a redneck version of Chuck E. Cheese, Chuckie Cheese.)

Take care, don't run with scissors, drink milk, and wear your seat belt.

--Troy K.
December 8th, 2008, 6:35 pm
Troy K.

Liv wrote:Chuckie Cheese Coupons

Today was Chancey's birthday so we went over to friendly center. Luckily ahead of time I found the mother of all Chuckie Cheese Coupons.

While the staff at Chuck E. Cheese is very nice. The place still is a horrible atrocity. The ball pit was closed because some fat kid fell through the bottom. Most of the games did not work, because children consistently try to shove birthday cake in the coin slots, and the Skee Ball machines that are supposed to contain 9 balls, either contain 3 or 22. Worst yet the air hockey table had no puck, and only took your tokens, then blew air.

For some reason the place was mad busy despite its a Thursday, and we arrived at 11am. I knew something was up when we saw 30 some mini-vans parked out front. Then there was a Rockingham County School's head start bus too.??? They don't have Chucky in Rockingham?

Anyways if there's one issue in Greensboro that needs attention its Chucky. Forget Homelessness, Toyota plants, or even the Wachovia building. Someone needs to regulate Chucky. Maybe a coupon special like 2 prozac's and 40 tokens?

Ha ha did some fat kid really fall through? I used to be afraid of the ball pit due to the hypodermic needle legend lol.
January 31st, 2010, 9:54 am
lu lu

[
i] "we were tired of parenting and this is the closest thing to Day Care "[/i]

Obviously you are childless. EVERY parent gets tired of parenting and needs a break.

Sheesh.
March 8th, 2010, 10:21 am
Duh

Return to Food