·  News ·  Travel ·  Food ·  Arts ·  Science ·  Sports ·  Advice ·  Religion ·  Life ·  Greensboro · 

In-N-Out - The 100 Patty Hamburger

by Liv | Published on February 12th, 2006, 3:41 pm | Food

In-N-Out
I recognize this is an east coast blog. I recognize you may not have any clue what I'm talking about. Those who've traveled or are misplaced Californians already know about the infamous In-N-Out Restaurant chain.

They're known for a burger called the double double. Basically a double cheeseburger made fresh and legendary among late night California burger enthusiasts. For a long time we've all known that although not on the menu, you could always order a triple-triple or even a 10x10 which is 10 beef patties and 10 pieces of cheese.

in_n_out_100_pattie_cheeseburger.jpg

But now someone has officially ordered a 100x100. Cost $97.88. Total calories: 19490. These undisputed heroes of heartburn ate it in only 2 hours.

While I can't recommend ordering the 100 patty beef In-N-Out burger on your next visit to California, you might consider praying that one day this legendary restaurant finds its way to the east-coast.

I always liked mine "animal style"

Great burgers. Wish we had them here.
scottmc

Liv wrote:
scottmc wrote:I always liked mine "animal style"

Great burgers. Wish we had them here.

I'm guessing animal style is meat & cheese only????

I've never heard of that..

My dad used to order some conconcotion of a hamburger when he was on Atkins and at in-N-out, that didn't have a bun, but was wrapped in lettuce.

animal style refers to a special way that they prepare the burger. They grill the patty with mustard and onions... it absolutely delicious.
scottmc

I think in general, restaurants in southern California are ran better than they are out here. It wasn't but a few years ago, you'd find most of the restaurants around here with a cook slapping together your chili-burger with a cigarette in his mouth.

But also the kids out there who work at places like In-n-Out are generally better educated, and come from wealthier families. Plus when I lived out there they were paying the kids like 9 dollars an hour to start. They worked their butts off for that 9 dollars, but it was good pay. Maybe if they payed better at the jobs around here, they'd attract a more professional staff.
Liv
I show you something fantastic and you find fault.

yeah, I thought animal style was when they added a special sauce, but I like to order the triple beef animal style. Three patties no cheese, special sauce lettuce tomato, these burgers tastes gooood, they don't taste like fast food or food that is bad for you. it tastes like a healthy meal. there's also the 4x4, four beef patties and four cheese patties. there's a whole special menu that u have to look up on the web, the menu at the restaurant only has hamburgers, cheeseburges, and double doubles, fries, and drinks. And the prices are great, they always round up or down. so u end up paying 3 dollars, 4 dollars, 8 dollars. Not like 5.83 or stuff like that. the service is always great they are very selective on who they hire. (I think they the owners, have a Christian background and prefer hiring kids who are Christian) that's just an opinion though. Just talking about it makes me want to go , and off I go, triple beef animal style, maybe 4 beef? karazzzzeeee loser :twisted:
mikediazatty

mikediazatty wrote: (I think they the owners, have a Christian background and prefer hiring kids who are Christian)

That assumption would be correct...

in-n-out_super_secret_god_bible_passages.jpg

I however don't hold it against them... they make good food, and do something that locally no restaurant does... pays their employees well.
Liv

They should call it the Amos 4:12
A Person

And for you vegetarians out there, a "grilled cheese" consists of everything on a regular cheeseburger, except no meat.

they're delicious, even if you aren't a vegetarian.
anon

anon wrote:And for you vegetarians out there, a "grilled cheese" consists of everything on a regular cheeseburger, except no meat.

they're delicious, even if you aren't a vegetarian.

I use to get them quite often when I was a vegetarian.... probably the best of the meatless burgers.

I'm dying to try some animal-style fries next time I'm out there.
Liv

I'm a big fan of In-N-Out, but there's no way I can manage to eat anything bigger than the standard burger and fries. I haven't tried ordering it animal style yet, though. I'll have to give that a shot that next time.
AlmightyAzure

I work there. They don't cook more than a 4x4 any more. Animal Style is Extra spread, lettuce, tomato, pickles, grilled onions, when they cook the burger on the grill they put mustard on the burger which sort of marinates the meat. Any of the burgers can be ordered this way. As for vegetarians, we have the grilled cheese or even a "veggie burger" which is simply the toasted bun and whatever vegetables you'd like on it (not an actually vegetarian patty). Hope this helps! Oh and as far as the Bible references on the cups, not once in the 3-day orientation did they mention it and finally, after working there a few months, out of curiosity I asked why that was there and they told me it wasn't until one of the sons who succeeded the father and mother (the original owners) decided to add that because he was very religious. I think it's interesting but not personally a fan. Greatest fast food burger joint in the world though for sure! =D
FattyIRL

animal style is 1000 islands dressing, pickles, and grilled onions. no mustard
abahjbsfa

In-andOut 'Secret Menu'

animalstyle.gif

Note: "mustard cooked beef patty"
A Person

FAIL:

abahjbsfa wrote:animal style is 1000 islands dressing, pickles, and grilled onions. no mustard

WIN:
A Person wrote:Note: "mustard cooked beef patty"

On a side note.... it's been a long, long time since I've had in-N-out. While I'm not looking forward to getting back to Cali anytime soon, I sure do miss them and Tommy's.
Liv

omg i'v :romance-heartbeating: in-n-out since i was little still my fav!!!!!!
candycraz

I tried cooking a steak 'animal style' last night. There was an ad on TV suggesting it was a good thing.

It isn't. Waste of a nice striploin

It stopped the steak searing properly and then the mustard burnt, leaving an unpleasant tasting crust. Burnt steak good, burnt mustard bad.
A Person

So when I bought my drink in Dallas... I turned it over... sure enough.. Bible verses... but their burgers are such a sin.
Liv