·  News ·  Travel ·  Food ·  Arts ·  Science ·  Sports ·  Advice ·  Religion ·  Life ·  Greensboro · 

McDonald's to Stop Selling Burgers.

by Liv | Published on October 5th, 2010, 11:18 am | Food
mcdonalds without burgers.jpg

While America fights for it's right to shove burgers down its burger hole via a window in some cities, and the company joins the capitalistic venture of oppression of it's US employees.... else where in the world, a better, slightly healthier McDonald's emerges: One void of the Big Mac, or any burger for that matter. The McCafe:

Big Mac lovers, this small new-look McDonald's called McCafe, is not for you: there will be no burgers sold. In contrast, a selection of salads made on request, live in front of you with a choice of 28 ingredients (herbs, fruit, cheese ...) will be offered at a price of about $9.50, and the full range of coffees, teas and pastries.

cite

Is this going to be similar to the McCafe trend like in some of the McD's over here, minus the hamburger kitchen?

I'm not a big coffee drinker, but I have heard great reviews of the gourmet coffee that McD's has been selling in the McCafe portion of their restaurants over the past few years.
October 5th, 2010, 2:03 pm
Pineview Style

I wouldn't mind patronizing that sort of McDonalds, if I had money to blow on fast food at all.
October 5th, 2010, 3:33 pm
SouthernFriedInfidel

Location: 5th circle of hell -- actually not very crowded at the moment.
Pineview Style wrote:Is this going to be similar to the McCafe trend like in some of the McD's over here, minus the hamburger kitchen?

I believe so, technically I think it's attempt to put McBrand in places that can't accommodate the larger appliances of fryers, fridges, and grills. I'm guessing it's a bit like a Tesco Express compared to a full size Tesco. Wal-Mart is attempting a similar venture in producing smaller Wal-Marts.

It makes a lot of sense, and as the article states, it's a great image builder for McDonalds.

On the coffee.... I get it several times a week now. Great stuff, though I still prefer Starbucks. If you could order the coffee at McDonald's with extra shots of cappuccino, then I'd say they might have a better product. Right now, to me it's like drinking decaf.

Ideally though the individuals who might have switched from Starbucks to McDonald's for their coffee are likely to be the ones who might prefer a yuppier lunch as well.
October 5th, 2010, 4:13 pm
Liv
I show you something fantastic and you find fault.

Return to Food