•  Beth's Blog•  World News•  Local News•  Food•  Arts•  Science•  Religion / Philosophy•  Politics•  Sports•  DIY•  Back Page• 
Beth's Blog ::

TakeBackTheFuture

by
beth
Executive Editor
Published on Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:51 am

This is nuts. http://www.takebackthefuture.com is being shown on Fox during Prison Break right now. It's an ad for the continuing saga of the Terminator movie. It's called the Sarah Connor Chronicles. Hopefully it won't be silly, but never doubt TV exec's stupidizing movie spin-offs. Let's hope for the best.

connorposter.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostComment by Sanjuro on Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:29 am

Some friends of mine have seen the pilot... its a split decision between "god awful" and "I can tolerate it".

Sanjuro
Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come

PostComment by Sanjuro on Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:30 am

Oh and speaking of Terminator, whats up with the Terminator music when the page loads? :lol:

Sanjuro

PostComment by beth on Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:37 am

Sanjuro wrote:Oh and speaking of Terminator, whats up with the Terminator music when the page loads? :lol:

Not Terminator actually....

Transformers. Oddly enough... I got the DVD with 2nd DVD and spent one night playing with a new DVD sound ripper program I got..... I guess it's about time to kill it.... Oh well.

beth
Executive Editor

PostComment by charles in marietta or somewhere else on Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:53 am

hark! i will submit to you that it would be impossible to stupidize the terminator; even at the hands (or feet) of a tv exec.

charles in marietta or somewhere else

PostComment by Sanjuro on Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:32 am

charles in marietta or somewhere else wrote:hark! i will submit to you that it would be impossible to stupidize the terminator; even at the hands (or feet) of a tv exec.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Give it to Michael Bay and see what happens! :wink:

Sanjuro

PostComment by beth on Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:34 pm

Speaking of Michael Bay... He does seem like quite a hard ass on the behind the scenes of the Transformers DVD... but watching him work is pretty impressive. I mean, they showed I think it's called the "bay breaker" or something which is this reinforced camera truck they drive right into the explosions that Michael Bay invented. That's pretty cool....

I think it's a given watching a few episodes with him and the boy in the movie, it's his way or no way. If he was your boss at K-Mart he'd be a real gashole, but he seems to very talented at putting together big budget blockbusters.

beth
Executive Editor

PostComment by Sanjuro on Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:44 pm

beth wrote:Speaking of Michael Bay... He does seem like quite a hard ass on the behind the scenes of the Transformers DVD... but watching him work is pretty impressive. I mean, they showed I think it's called the "bay breaker" or something which is this reinforced camera truck they drive right into the explosions that Michael Bay invented. That's pretty cool....

I think it's a given watching a few episodes with him and the boy in the movie, it's his way or no way. If he was your boss at K-Mart he'd be a real gashole, but he seems to very talented at putting together big budget blockbusters.

I must admit, I watched the film, commentary, and some of the extras.. and.. well.. Damnit, I like Bay. I mean, his movies are trite, but I really respect the guy. Someone made a call to me this week after they watched the same thing and asked if we were related. :lol:

Sanjuro

PostComment by SouthernFriedInfidel on Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:48 pm

beth wrote:
Sanjuro wrote:Oh and speaking of Terminator, whats up with the Terminator music when the page loads? :lol:

Transformers.

If so, then Transformers ripped it off directly from Terminator. Which would not be surprising at all.

SouthernFriedInfidel
Knight of BAAWA

PostComment by beth on Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:33 pm

SouthernFriedInfidel wrote:
beth wrote:

Transformers.

If so, then Transformers ripped it off directly from Terminator. Which would not be surprising at all.

I think so, and I think it was on purpose to connect the two movies.

I've watched the movie about 10 times, and there are tons of little references in the movie to other films....

But that's normal with those director types..... You know, the whole Wilhelm scream thing and stuff....

Even Spielberg made some references to his movies in it... like saying he'd only support it if the script was about a Boy and his car.... and remember Back to the Future and Gremlins all had movies where the marque was A Boy's Life... the working title for ET.... so it's obvious this was going to be another Spielberg style movie about a boy and alien, and it would pay homage to it's predecessors.

beth
Executive Editor