•  Beth's Blog•  World News•  Local News•  Food•  Arts•  Science•  Religion / Philosophy•  Politics•  Sports•  DIY•  Back Page• 
Beth's Blog ::

Ann Coulter: Christians are "Jews Perfected"

by
beth
Executive Editor
Published on Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:50 pm

Christians should stone her for this. I'm all for free-speech, but is this how Coulter really thinks? Is this how most Christians think? Did she forget the part of the bible that says Jews are the chosen people, and that mean Ann Coulter isn't getting in?

Reading the comments on Youtube, it appears many people agree with her. I apologize to Jews based on behalf of my former religion. These people are complete idiots.

video wrote:Ann again offers some truth here. And, stating what her beliefs is the right of any American, and does not make her anti-semiotic. What she says is in fact the truth. The Jewish faith is indeed imperfect, according to Paul (Saul of Tarsus), also a Jew. Making Jesus your best friend is the only way to heaven! Sorry to all the non-Jesus followers. There is still time to choose him!

PostComment by A Person on Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:20 am

I love Ann Coulter, the more she speaks the more people see what's wrong with the ultra religious right. She is a living, walking, breathing parody. The first time I saw her I assumed she was a comedian portraying a caricature, but I now I think she's genuine. Nearly as good as Fred Phelps.

A Person
Features Reporter

PostComment by BecauseHeLives on Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:42 am

On a side note here... the Jews WERE the chosen people of God. His favorites. The Jews rejected Him and fell away from Hid Grace. The church of Jesus Christ (not the denomination) is the chosen bride of Christ and are now therefore the "chosen" people of God. AC was incorrect on many of her points but she was correct when she stated that the Jews are imperfect. That's not a racist or anti-semetic statement and anyone that turns it in to such need to quit using the race or "Jew" card to advance or bring attention to their cause.

BecauseHeLives
Features Reporter

PostComment by Sanjuro on Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:00 am

A Person wrote:I love Ann Coulter, the more she speaks the more people see what's wrong with the ultra religious right. She is a living, walking, breathing parody. The first time I saw her I assumed she was a comedian portraying a caricature, but I now I think she's genuine. Nearly as good as Fred Phelps.

Yes, exactly!! I have to say that the more I listen to her the more I think she is actually some kind of character parody. Kind of a political Borat or Tony Clifton. If so, brilliant. She's done a great job.

I mean, to say "we just want the Jews to be perfected" or try to compare reality to a 90's sitcom and say 'mixed race' couples are looking for a fight and controversy is simply so ludicrous it can't be real..

Now... frighteningly... if she IS sincere, I think she is clinically insane and needs serious help. :cry:

Sanjuro
Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come

PostComment by beth on Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:06 am

But I mean, honestly... Isn't every Right Wing Christian Conservative Stereotype a charecture?

I mean, I can't believe my neighbor thinks one man built a boat and put every animal on earth on it. All without an Iphone or the internet.

But If I go up to my neighbor and say god told me to do (fill something crazy in) they'd write it off as me being insane.

I find that looney. More to the point, as I've mentioned in our evangelist threads.... They've got to know that it's all "an act"

So either these people are great actors, severly deluded, or psychotic and mentally ill.

So far I assume Deluded.... meaning they "believe" what they say.

But sometimes I wonder.

beth
Executive Editor

PostComment by A Person on Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:09 am

Sanjuro wrote:Now... frighteningly... if she IS sincere, I think she is clinically insane and needs serious help.
What she needs is fo people to stop putting her on TV and asking her to write articles. She knows that the more outrageous she is the more money she will be paid. She can use logic - she has the Christian worldview :)

A Person
Features Reporter

PostComment by Sue on Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:10 am

"anti-semiotic."

that'd be "anti-Semitic."

Only people who didn't like The DaVinci Code are anti-semiotic (against symbols)

Coulter is a joke with too much TV time. If she doesn't unleash a firestorm of blogging protest, she hasn't done her pitiful job.

Sue
Guest Columnist

PostComment by BrendaBee on Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:46 am

Beth Honey if you find you absolutely love the name Ann Coulter, and can't keep from reading what someone named Ann Coulter has to say, then try reading the novelist Anne Coulter. She writes one heck of good mystery with a bit of romance tossed in for fun and games. BB

BrendaBee
Features Reporter

PostComment by BrendaBee on Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:57 am

OHMYGOD! I just realized that I am not only agreeing with you which is A OK, but I am also in line with A Person, BecauseHeLives and Sanjuro which is sure to give me heartburn. But, BB on the same page as Sue is going to crash your site for sure. :D :oops: :?

BrendaBee
Features Reporter

PostComment by Sanjuro on Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:10 am

BrendaBee wrote:OHMYGOD! I just realized that I am not only agreeing with you which is A OK, but I am also in line with A Person, BecauseHeLives and Sanjuro which is sure to give me heartburn. But, BB on the same page as Sue is going to crash your site for sure. :D :oops: :?

:lol:

Sanjuro
Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come

PostComment by A Person on Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:01 am

BecauseHeLives wrote:On a side note here... the Jews WERE the chosen people of God. His favorites. The Jews rejected Him and fell away from Hid Grace. The church of Jesus Christ (not the denomination) is the chosen bride of Christ and are now therefore the "chosen" people of God. AC was incorrect on many of her points but she was correct when she stated that the Jews are imperfect. That's not a racist or anti-semetic statement and anyone that turns it in to such need to quit using the race or "Jew" card to advance or bring attention to their cause.
Perhaps you'd like to elaborate on this. You seem to be saying it's not antisemitism because God now hates Jews too?

A Person
Features Reporter

PostComment by BecauseHeLives on Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:15 am

A Person wrote:
BecauseHeLives wrote:On a side note here... the Jews WERE the chosen people of God. His favorites. The Jews rejected Him and fell away from Hid Grace. The church of Jesus Christ (not the denomination) is the chosen bride of Christ and are now therefore the "chosen" people of God. AC was incorrect on many of her points but she was correct when she stated that the Jews are imperfect. That's not a racist or anti-semetic statement and anyone that turns it in to such need to quit using the race or "Jew" card to advance or bring attention to their cause.
Perhaps you'd like to elaborate on this. You seem to be saying it's not antisemitism because God now hates Jews too?

What is YOUR definition of anti-semitism and then maybe we can go forward with this?

I don't recall God hating anyone. He does hate sin though.

BecauseHeLives
Features Reporter

PostComment by SouthernFriedInfidel on Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:49 am

BecauseHeLives wrote:I don't recall God hating anyone.

Reading the Bible, it looks like he sure has a funny way of expressing "love for the whole world." :twisted:

SouthernFriedInfidel
Knight of BAAWA

PostComment by BecauseHeLives on Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:55 pm

SouthernFriedInfidel wrote:
BecauseHeLives wrote:I don't recall God hating anyone.

Reading the Bible, it looks like he sure has a funny way of expressing "love for the whole world." :twisted:

God is the author of love. This doesn't mean that He isn't just AND Holy.

BecauseHeLives
Features Reporter

PostComment by A Person on Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:28 pm

BHL, I find it inconsistent that you are quick to play the race or "Jew" card when referring to Bishop Tutu's criticism of the state of Israel, yet you leap to Coulter's defense when she calls Jews inferior to Christians.

Antisemitism is discrimination, hostility or prejudice directed at Jews because of their ethnicity or religion. Describing them as inferior to Christians and that they should convert to Christianity falls into that category. Criticising the actions of their government does not.

A Person
Features Reporter

PostComment by RebelSnake on Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:49 pm

BecauseHeLives wrote:What is YOUR definition of anti-semitism and then maybe we can go forward with this?

American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source - Share This an·ti-Sem·i·tism (ān'tē-sěm'ĭ-tĭz'əm, ān'tī-)
n.
1.Hostility toward or prejudice against Jews or Judaism.
2.Discrimination against Jews.

Anti-semitism applies to the religion as well as the people. You insult one and you insult both.

RebelSnake
Features Reporter

PostComment by A Person on Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:56 pm

For many of these things I apply the 'Black' litmus test, since Americans have become sensitised to colour prejudice, unfortunately this doesn't extend to other racial or ethnic goups yet.

Would you consider a statement "Blacks are inferior to whites" or "Blacks should give up their culture and act like white folk" to be racist?

A Person
Features Reporter

PostComment by BecauseHeLives on Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:55 pm

BHL, I find it inconsistent that you are quick to play the race or "Jew" card when referring to Bishop Tutu's criticism of the state of Israel, yet you leap to Coulter's defense when she calls Jews inferior to Christians.

You can find anything to be inconsistant when you contort the facts.

Antisemitism is discrimination, hostility or prejudice directed at Jews because of their ethnicity or religion.

Discrimination: This involves favoring one over the other. I favor Christianity over the Jewish religion. Color me bad.

Predudice: If you are saying that I am preferring Christianity over the Hebrew religion then I guess I'm guilty as charged. If I am prejudiced against Jews its because of their religion, not their ethnicity. Although the Jewish religion is closer to the truth it is still a false religion just as is Islam or Hinduism.

Hostility: Hostility involves some sort of ill-will agaist a person or group. I don't wish any ill-will against Jews. In fact I fervently support the Jewish nation and pray for it but I also believe they are seriously misled in their religion.

Describing them as inferior to Christians and that they should convert to Christianity falls into that category.

Get something straight here. Let's not confuse Jewish people with the Jewish religion here. Jewish people are NOT inferior to anyone. However, the Jewish religion is inferior to Christianity (as is every other false religion out there). I think all other people of non-religious faith should convert to Christianity. Having said that, what derogatory label will you call me now?

All for the glory of God!

BecauseHeLives
Features Reporter

PostComment by BecauseHeLives on Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:58 pm

A Person wrote:For many of these things I apply the 'Black' litmus test, since Americans have become sensitised to colour prejudice, unfortunately this doesn't extend to other racial or ethnic goups yet.

Would you consider a statement "Blacks are inferior to whites" or "Blacks should give up their culture and act like white folk" to be racist?

1. Yes
2. Yes.

What about immigrants should learn to speak English?

or

I shouldn't have to press #1 to listen in English?

Of course NONE of this has to do with the topic at hand.

BecauseHeLives
Features Reporter

PostComment by Huditha on Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:04 pm

Ann just makes me laugh. After all, her very own Savior was Jewish and so was his Mom. I don't see it anywhere that he converted. I have a feeling she insulted him.

Huditha

PostComment by BecauseHeLives on Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:07 pm

Huditha wrote:Ann just makes me laugh. After all, her very own Savior was Jewish and so was his Mom. I don't see it anywhere that he converted. I have a feeling she insulted him.

Try looking in the New Testament. Besides, God doesn't NEED to be converted.

BecauseHeLives
Features Reporter

PostComment by joelgillespie on Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:11 pm

I referenced your article in a piece I posted today. if it is not inappropriate, and though it's a bit long, I'd like to paste the content of that here as part of your comment chain, since you get more traffic than I do :-). if this is too much feel free to delete or not post it. Joel

There are few people who speak less tactfully and more controversially than Ann Coulter, and I certainly don’t wish to be on her bandwagon. Over at the Daily Greensboring Beth has featured a very controversial quotation by Ann Coulter in an interview with Donny Deutsch.

I think the interview must have been connected to promotion/discussion of Coulter’s new book. In the course of the interview Coulter speaks about Christians as “perfected Jews” and says that Jews need to become Christians to be perfected as Jews. She uses language to the effect that Christians are “on the fast track,” whereas Jews “have to obey laws.”

Ann Coulter is no theologian, and not a very good popular speaker on the subject of Christianity. There are many things about what she says that are just not right. For example, Gentile Christians are certainly not perfected Jews. In the language of the New Testament, Gentile Christians may be thought of as “spiritual Jews,” or as the “true Israel of God.” And whereas that language may be irksome to Jews is doesn’t make Gentile Christians perfected Jews.

And it also true that Christians see the Old Covenant as pointing to and being fulfilled by Jesus of Nazareth in his person and ministry. It is of the essence of Biblical Christianity that Jesus in his person and work is the fulfillment and completion of the Old Covenant. He is viewed as the promised "anointed one" or "Messiah" longed for by the Jews of Jesus' day. That’s what makes Christianity Christianity. Uh, "Christ" means "Messiah." Is this some sort of secret? Jews and Christians then and Jews and Christians today don’t agree about Jesus. They don’t agree about a lot of things. Jews think Christians are wrong. Christians think Jews are wrong. Muslims think both are wrong. Duh.

The fact that Jews and Christians disagree about these things does not make any one of them anti the other in the sense of being “anti-Semitic” or “anti-Christian” or whatever, in the prejudicial sense of the word. It means that as neighbors and even as friends we disagree about ultimate issues. And that is fine.

What about ethnic Jews who become Christians? Yes, Christians would say that in a real sense that they are perfected. Remember that Christianity arose out of Judaism and not only that Jesus but all the disciples and apostles were Jews. It’s roots were and are in the word, life, and history of the covenant between YHWH God and His people Israel. Thus, Christianity was from the beginning a kind of “Jewish cult,” claiming that in Jesus, its leader, a very big new thing was happening in the history of God and His people.

If a person believes that Jesus of Nazareth is who the New Testament Bible said that he is, and that Jesus did what the Bible said that he did, then obviously Christians are right to want Jews to become Christians. Given that set of premises, that would be a right thing to desire.

And if those premises are not right, and Jesus isn’t who the New Testament says he was, then obviously Jews should be concerned for Christians whose leader (a Jew) would have been justly condemned for blaspheming their God.

It does not offend me one bit if a Jew in his heart of hearts is worried over my fate, since I would be in his eyes following after a false messiah and believing all sorts of terribly wrong things about God. I hope he would be worried for me. I hope he would try to convince me otherwise. He perhaps would and should want me to convert to Judaism. He should want me to do that, well, if he is Jewish because he thinks Judaism is true, rather than for some other reason.

Ann Coulter has a way of putting things that creates offense even if the content and intent of her words are not inherently offensive. I think her words are more shallow and kind of pathetic than anything.

For one thing, the idea of Christians “having a fast track” and Jews “having to obey rules” is simplistic beyond belief. Christian discipleship is grueling as well as joyful, and there are more than enough commandments right from Jesus’ own mouth to keep Christians striving their whole lives with all of their hearts to be obedient to Him. Rather, in New Testament terms, Christians would say that they are not (or are "no longer" if they are converted Jews) “under Torah.” They would say that even Jewish believers in Jesus are no longer “under Torah.” They would even say that Jews who become Christians must no longer be “under Torah.” This means that the Torah is no longer the operative center of the godly life, and of the Christian life – Jesus is. To submit to part of Torah would be to submit to it all, which puts the person back under the Torah’s curse, whereas, it is believed by Christians, Jesus suffered the covenant curse for His people (the Jews) and also opened up access to their God to Gentiles.

But you can see that these are nuanced and complex arguments. I could write volumes just trying to explain what this does and does not mean. To reduce this stuff to slogans (and bad slogans at that) as does Ann Coulter I find, well, not really offensive to me or my religious beliefs, but offensive to reason and to the seriousness of the issues.

But look, if you are a Jew, I think it would be totally appropriate for you to think that I as a Christian am wrong. That does not offend me. I hope that together we can stick up for each other’s rights for free assembly and free expression, for life and liberty and pursuit of happiness, even as me may otherwise disagree about these ultimate matters.

joelgillespie
Guest Columnist

PostComment by BecauseHeLives on Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:23 pm

Excellent post!

BecauseHeLives
Features Reporter

PostComment by A Person on Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:40 pm

BecauseHeLives wrote:
A Person wrote:For many of these things I apply the 'Black' litmus test, since Americans have become sensitised to colour prejudice, unfortunately this doesn't extend to other racial or ethnic groups yet.

1. Yes
2. Yes.

Of course NONE of this has to do with the topic at hand.
I'm sorry you don't see my analogy. Saying "Jews are inferior to Christians" is analogous to saying "Blacks are inferior to whites", a statement we all agree would be racist. That's why it has everything to do with the topic in hand.

Of course Anne Coulter is not just anti-Semitic. She spreads her self evenly around like diarrhea in a swimming pool. When she says "We should invade their (Muslim) countries and convert them to Christianity" she is at least being consistent.

What about immigrants should learn to speak English?
or
this really is off topic so I shall ignore it.

A Person
Features Reporter

PostComment by SouthernFriedInfidel on Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:04 pm

A Person wrote:
BHL wrote:What about immigrants should learn to speak English?
or
this really is off topic so I shall ignore it.

And I'll intentionally leave this post blank.
8) :lol:

SouthernFriedInfidel
Knight of BAAWA