•  Beth's Blog•  World News•  Local News•  Food•  Arts•  Science•  Religion / Philosophy•  Politics•  Sports•  DIY•  Back Page• 

What if Hurricane Dean hits New Orleans?

by
beth
Executive Editor
Published on Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:56 pm

appoc_dean_hurricane.jpg

Talk about a bad presidency. I mean, CNN is showing a possible track that would lead Hurricane Dean, a category 4 hurricane back to New Orleans. The news anchor shutters at the thought... What are the odds? Would Bush just finally give up and retire? There's no way this could turn out good?

When the corpses of American citizens are floating in toxic flood-waters five days after a hurricane strikes, it is time to hold the leaders of our nation accountable for the failures that have taken place. - Al Gore

What really worries me, is how many more times do we have to go through this before Washington figures out Global Warming is happening?

We have entered the height of hurricane season, the two-month span in which we are told that a terrible storm is most likely to boil up from the Atlantic and destroy us all. -TampaBay.com

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostComment by BrendaBee on Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:53 am

If Hurricane Dean does hit New Orleans then maybe we can put to rest the stupidity of rebuilding a city that is sinking at the rate of one inch a year and will be inundated by the Mississippi by the end of the century anyhow.

Yes, I guess this would put an end to President Bush as the pundits will have him riding in on Dean just as they accused him of riding in on Katrina.

I personally do not want to get into the global warming debate. I just know that the glaciers are melting back to the 10,000 year level. And, I am all for any form of alternative CLEAN sources of fuel. This is NOT fossil fuels of any kind and neither is it nuclear. BB

BrendaBee
Features Reporter